Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Captain America : Civil War *spoilers from post 480*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

thats a good point about "agents of shield".

and its not the first time elements from the TV show made it into the cinematic universe. wasnt there a minor tie in with the opening sequence of "age of ultron" ?

hell the fallout of winter soldier basically changed the whole TV show too.

what you suggested would deffo up the anti for civil war and with that group you mention getting their own movie too it'd make sense.

It tied in at both the start and at the end of AOU, by them passing on info for the Hydra base that the Avengers attacked at the beginning and by providing their refurbished Helicarrier that Fury used in the final battle.

There’s also been crossover of some Hydra characters between movies and the show but I suspect Hydra wont feature in a significant capacity in the movies again for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The fact is that Marvel are only using the Civil War title for name recognition to get fans excited. They're really only using the very basics of the premise: a disagreement between heroes. I think the sooner people get used to that the less disappointed they'll be.

I only read Civil War lately, but very much would agree with the above. After reading the comic and then knowing the licensing issues with certain characters, was well aware this would be just a vague premise.

Still the trailer looked good. Winter Solider was the first Marvel film I sat up and really got into. Really loved it and have watched it numerous times. Odd considering Captain America is probably one of the least interesting SuperHeros for me. I enjoyed avengers for what they were, was two great spectacles, but Winter Solider was really brilliant. Hopefully this goes in the same vain.

Have only recently started to dip into Marvel comics coming from a background of DC( not fanboi by any stretch)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Agree with all this. In Agents of Shield
    , they also have a huge number of inhumans on the loose causing damage, which I see only getting worse in the run in to this. Another potential precursor is that the government has also started to get involved with dealing with gifted people.

There's also the new Jessica Jones series. Kilgrave is the perfect example of why people need to be registered. It's so easy for a bad person to misuse their gifts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1449265778-cap3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

These trailers are really starting to sell Civil War to me big time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The Lego toys for Civil War have a big spoiler about one of the characters in the film

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

McLoughlin wrote:
    The Lego toys for Civil War have a big spoiler about one of the characters in the film

Would it be spoilering to tell us which character? Yes or no will suffice I don't even know if I want to know even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i had a look and IMO yes it would.

personally i think itll look great on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Possible huge spoiler
    Apparently, its been stated all over the internet that Captain America dies at the end of the movie, although it hasnt been confirmed as such, but the source is usually correct

This wasnt expected tbh, although i havent read the Civil war comics, could anyone state the accuracy?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pone2012 wrote: »
    Possible huge spoiler
    Apparently, its been stated all over the internet that Captain America dies at the end of the movie, although it hasnt been confirmed as such, but the source is usually correct

This wasnt expected tbh, although i havent read the Civil war comics, could anyone state the accuracy?

It happens shortly after the end of the civil war arc in the comics if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It happens shortly after the end of the civil war arc in the comics if I remember correctly.
    Crossbones kills him in the Comics.

but

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I would have thought he would be killed at the end of Part 1 of Infinity Wars - would seem like a more apt time to raise the stakes by killing a main member of the avengers. obviously it depends on where they go with the story in Civil War but I can't see the pay off in killing him at the end of his own movie, leaving it on a downer without leading in to a proper sequel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Star Wars spoiler:
    Worked for Star Wars ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haven't read what he said myself as I am trying to stay spoiler free.

James Gunn says Captain America: Civil War is 'one of the best Marvel movies ever'

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/02/captain-america-civil-war-james-gunn

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gonna take James Gunn's praise of the movie with a grain of salt, for all we know it could've been a rough cut of the film he was shown..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Gonna take James Gunn's praise of the movie with a grain of salt, for all we know it could've been a rough cut of the film he was shown..

Ultimately, he won't bite the hand that feeds. CW has already been sold to me AFAIC but I'd be as wary of Gunn's comments as I would an Apple store employee trying to flog iPads and iPhones.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ultimately, he won't bite the hand that feeds. CW has already been sold to me AFAIC but I'd be as wary of Gunn's comments as I would an Apple store employee trying to flog iPads and iPhones.

I disagree. If he didn't like it he could have said nothing, or at least not gone that far. There would have been no need for him to say it's one of the best Marvel movie to date if that's not what he thought.

Plus, given how great CA:TWS was and it's the Russo's again, there's little reason to suggest the same level of quality hasn't been reached or exceeded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Penn wrote: »
    I disagree. If he didn't like it he could have said nothing, or at least not gone that far. There would have been no need for him to say it's one of the best Marvel movie to date if that's not what he thought.

Would have looked quite bad if he'd said nothing. He could have been trying to be play the happy camper for his own ends. Then again, CW was awesome and with Russos back again, TWS is very likely to be of similar quality.
    Plus, given how great CA:TWS was and it's the Russo's again, there's little reason to suggest the same level of quality hasn't been reached or exceeded.

+1

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Would have looked quite bad if he'd said nothing. He could have been trying to be play the happy camper for his own ends. Then again, CW was awesome and with Russos back again, TWS is very likely to be of similar quality.

+1

You mean TWS was awesome and CW is likely to be of similar quality! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

macslash wrote: »
    You mean TWS was awesome and CW is likely to be of similar quality! :pac::pac:

Yes. I mixed the two up!

The Russo's delivered with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I have a feeling they will deliver with Civil War as well... That said their biggest test in my opinion will be Avengers Infinity War Part 1 & 2 in 2018 & 2019 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

http://www.slashfilm.com/civil-war-ant-man/

Possible spoiler for Ant Man in this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

"It's a big movie and it includes a lot of characters," said Joe Russo.

"I think that a lot of them have really interesting arcs.
    I think Spider-Man in particular has a really fascinating arc."

Anthony Russo replied, "Certainly Black Panther, who we introduce. Similarly there, introducing a character gives you a great opportunity to take them on a ride, you know?"

"Vision goes on a journey, as well,"
    added Joe Russo.

http://comicbook.com Spoiler link/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gallery-1455913929-civilwar.jpeg

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    gallery-1455913929-civilwar.jpeg

It's amazing how almost spot on it is to the comic cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

It's amazing how almost spot on it is to the comic cover.

background.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭crybaby

Is that Deadpool in the pile of bodies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

crybaby wrote: »

Daredevil Id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

crybaby wrote: »

Think the red body front and center is Daredevil (baton on his thigh).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

During an interview with BBC Radio 1, Anthony Mackie -- who plays Falcon in "Civil War" -- namedropped Mark Ruffalo as he praised the film. Ruffalo has not yet been confirmed for the film, but Mackie includes his name in discussing "Civil War's" roster of "really good" actors.

"Having seen the movie, it's Marvel’s best movie thus far," Mackie says at the 17:25 mark. "And I'm being honest -- if a Marvel movie sucks, a movie in the Marvel universe, I'll tell you it sucked... 'Winter Soldier' and 'Iron Man 1' are probably Marvel's two best movies. I feel like beats both of those movies. It's really, really good. Because it's more of an acting movie than an action movie, I feel like the story is very concise and interesting, and you get to see Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans and Scarlett Johannson and Mark Ruffalo and everybody just do really, really good acting. And then there's action in it. The great thing about being in a Marvel movie? They have really good actors. I mean, Don Cheadle is in the Marvel Universe!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/mackie-namedrops-ruffalo-in-captain-america-civil-war-cast-list-discusses-oscar-aspirations

Thats awesome. Wonder if the Hulk will be ripping **** up, or if its just Banner.

Or Hulk could just be the secret weapon, similar to how the Thor clone was in the comics..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

My money is on it being a slip and Hulk isn't showing up. I'd be disappointed if he did as it would kind of take away from his choice at the end of AoU to run away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But that was a choice made by Whedon. And we have seen directors and writers completely disregard previous films plot points when needed.

For example, Bifrost destroyed in Thor. But we need Thor in the avengers. So er.....Odin uses dark energy to send Thor to earth. Yeah, that'll do.

Or Captain America and Black Widow clearly have a thing in Winter soldier. But Whedon wants her with the Hulk so we just ignore all that.

Or how about Tony makes a decision to destroys all his suits in Iron Man 3. But we need him to have suits in future films so we will just ignore all that. No mention of it in Age of Ultron :P

Continuity only counts for so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Martin Freeman confirmed to be playing
    Everett Ross, the State Department official and expert on Wakanda

www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/22/martin-freemans-captain-america-civil-war-character-confirmed/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Of the Avenger stable of films, IMHO, the Cpt America films are the best.

Ranking the 3 tie-ins, best to worst.
    1) Cap
    2) Thor
    3) Iron Man.... by some distance.
    (Iron Man 1 was good, but the other 2 could be the worst of the entire MCU)

would people agree?

So, I will be siding with team Cap. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Kinda obvious from the end of The Winter Soldier who Grillo would be coming back as :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Of the Avenger stable of films, IMHO, the Cpt America films are the best.

Ranking the 3 tie-ins, best to worst.
    1) Cap
    2) Thor
    3) Iron Man.... by some distance.
    (Iron Man 1 was good, but the other 2 could be the worst of the entire MCU)

would people agree?

So, I will be siding with team Cap. :D

I actually loved IM3. I thought it was brilliant.

All three (Cap, Thor, IM) have had bad films. I agree that Cap edges it for best overall. IM2 vs Thor 2 is a pretty close call imo for worst MCU films Thor 1 probably beats both IM1 & IM3.

So yeah, I'd probably agree with your ranking above, but I think it's a close enough tie for 2nd place with Thor and Iron Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I actually loved IM3. I thought it was brilliant.

All three (Cap, Thor, IM) have had bad films. I agree that Cap edges it for best overall. IM2 vs Thor 2 is a pretty close call imo for worst MCU films Thor 1 probably beats both IM1 & IM3.

So yeah, I'd probably agree with your ranking above, but I think it's a close enough tie for 2nd place with Thor and Iron Man.

I thought IM3 was possibly the best executed of any of them bar the Winter Soldier, but at it's core it was fairly daft and pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Gbear wrote: »
    I thought IM3 was possibly the best executed of any of them bar the Winter Soldier, but at it's core it was fairly daft and pointless.

I thought it was one of the worst, IM2 just edges it out. IM1 was brilliant though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I prefer IM3 over even IM1, I think it's probably the most underrated Marvel movie.

IM3 wasn't so bad.. In a way it foreshadowed Age Of Ultron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

So General Ross is in this. Wonder if we will ever see him as the Red Hulk?

cronin_j wrote: »
    So General Ross is in this. Wonder if we will ever see him as the Red Hulk?

Probably not.. Though as clichéd as it is, Never say never..

Also how does Tony's armour work in the film, is it literally apart of him or does he carry it around in a briefcase a la Iron Man 2..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Could be doing that whole extremis armour thing from the comics, or like flying in through the things in his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Also how does Tony's armour work in the film, is it literally apart of him or does he carry it around in a briefcase a la Iron Man 2..

I think he had a thing on his wrist and it would fly to him in IM3 and AoU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the-red-hulk-and-spider-man-5-things-we-learned-from-the-leaked-civil-war-trailer-and-p-599597.jpg
    Captain-America-Civil-War-Teams.jpg

what's flying in the background? It shows up in a couple promo images

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CramCycle wrote: »
    I thought it was one of the worst, IM2 just edges it out. IM1 was brilliant though.

well, you're wrong. :o

Advertisement