Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Captain America : Civil War *spoilers from post 480*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

RbXVaNi.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There something slightly odd about seeing Spider Man in a Marvel studios flick after all these years; I had simply become accustomed to the reality that he only appears in films made by people who have no idea how to use him properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

just another thing on the costume that just struck me.

could it be intentionally "crap" looking (for want of a better word). i mean everyone else got theirs off a gov agency/multi million dollar companys manufacturing division.

hell even black panther has the resources of a nation behind him.

spidey just sewed his up in his bedroom :D

ironman even jokes about em as being "underoos" . me thinks after hanging out with tony stark theres gonna be an upgrade before the films over. clearly this seems to be the moment he shows up for the first time so there could be more to come on that front yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

He has mechanical web slingers too by the looks of things.

I like that its a more simple looking suit, it definitely looks more home made and thats not a bad thing.

EDIT: Hi Res image of it here: http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-our-best-look-at-spider-mans-fabulous-new-costume-1764126729
    Looks a lot more polished looking than I originally thought.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

just another thing on the costume that just struck me.

could it be intentionally "crap" looking (for want of a better word). i mean everyone else got theirs off a gov agency/multi million dollar companys manufacturing division.
    It has mechanical eyes that look extremely advanced, if anything it has went out of its way to look, non homemade.
    spidey just sewed his up in his bedroom :D
    I am very doubtful about this, I imagine this has had quite a bit of help from Tony, it would be nice to see what he was wearing before he got picked up by Tony and what that looks like, is it comic book established spidey in lycra or is it Toby Maguire wrestler, ie realistic kid in bedroom attempt.
    ironman even jokes about em as being "underoos" . me thinks after hanging out with tony stark theres gonna be an upgrade before the films over. clearly this seems to be the moment he shows up for the first time so there could be more to come on that front yet.
    I still think this is the upgrade and Tony has coined a nickname for him from earlier in the movie.
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    He has mechanical web slingers too by the looks of things.

I like that its a more simple looking suit, it definitely looks more home made and thats not a bad thing.

EDIT: Hi Res image of it here: http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-our-best-look-at-spider-mans-fabulous-new-costume-1764126729
    Looks a lot more polished looking than I originally thought.

Are the little buckles around his waist cartridge holders for his cannisters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CramCycle wrote: »
    Are the little buckles around his waist cartridge holders for his cannisters?

I thought so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What I really want to know/find out is, who shot Rhodey down from the sky? It looked like an energy beam of some kind, and also at 1:42 in the trailer when Tony punches Cap, there's someone being held in a container similar to the one Bucky's shown to be in, could the someone in said container be Quicksilver? Can't screenshot what I am referring to, but hopefully someone else saw what I am talking about. Or maybe I am just clutching at straws.

382274_1319776914705544_3977725555481391106_n.jpg?oh=49b8269fa2cc27c29cf4ba27dd2d544a&oe=575F1C47

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Who's the third figure in that scene ^^, is it just a goon?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Who's the third figure in that scene ^^, is it just a goon?

It looks like Bucky and possibly the lead up to when he and Cap go toe to toe against Tony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

have a feeling his (Spiderman's) costume will change every movie just like in The Amazing Spiderman movie. It will evolve.

http://images.halloweencostumes.com/infographics/Spider-Man-Infographic.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It has mechanical eyes that look extremely advanced, if anything it has went out of its way to look, non homemade.

He's on Stark's level of intellect and given his interest in photography and the eyes' resemblance to a camera shutter the suit could be home made.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He's on Stark's level of intellect and given his interest in photography and the eyes' resemblance to a camera shutter the suit could be home made.

He is but he, untll this point, was not particularly well off (I presume), working as a photographer or possibly a PhD/student/researcher, or is he still in school (haven't read any spoilers so not sure where he is at this point in time)? not poor but it is reasonable to presume the parts for the eyes are very expensive and they are outside his paypacket, if he has one at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

He is but he, untll this point, was not particularly well off (I presume), working as a photographer or possibly a PhD/student/researcher, or is he still in school (haven't read any spoilers so not sure where he is at this point in time)? not poor but it is reasonable to presume the parts for the eyes are very expensive and they are outside his paypacket, if he has one at all.

Its possible they'll bring in an element of the comic that would square away the question of where young Parker gets his expensive toys from......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

He's not on starks level. He's "gifted" or "genius" at best, while Stark is at Super genius level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

It's funny, but before the MCU, Cap was my least favourite of the "big" Marvel characters. But now he's the one I'm rooting for.
    So he'll probably die in this :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Dair76 wrote: »
    It's funny, but before the MCU, Cap was my least favourite of the "big" Marvel characters. But now he's the one I'm rooting for.
    So he'll probably die in this :(

Well, Chris Evans is signed on for more films..... so probably not.

But I am also on TeamCap

Well, Chris Evans is signed on for more films..... so probably not.

But I am also on TeamCap

Can't see Cap
    kicking it/being written out
    can however see him being sentenced to that prison seen in the trailer, and kept there until Infinity War, when it then dawns on Tony/whoever leads the Avengers going into those 2 films that they need their leader/Captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Varik wrote: »
    He's not on starks level. He's "gifted" or "genius" at best, while Stark is at Super genius level.

He's been shown to be on the same level numerous times. He's pretty much Stark 2.0 in All New All Different Marvel. In the film he might not be on the same level due to the age difference but should be well capable of assembling a set of mechanical eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

So Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Thor and The Hulk are staying out of the final battle?

Spider-Man vs Ant-man

ZMlZdmb.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Skerries wrote: »
    So Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Thor and The Hulk are staying out of the final battle?

Quicksilver died in Age of Ultron.

Loughc wrote: »

yer right! I was getting him confused with the FOX one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Loughc wrote: »

OR DID HE?!!?!!

!!!!!**DUN **DUN** DUN**!!!!!

:pac::pac::D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

He's been shown to be on the same level numerous times. He's pretty much Stark 2.0 in All New All Different Marvel. In the film he might not be on the same level due to the age difference but should be well capable of assembling a set of mechanical eyes.

In the recent stuff, he described himself as the poor man's Tony Stark.
    With Parker industries most of the inventions are coming from his team, and the stuff he's credited with is from when Doc Ock was in control of his body.

The Mechanical web shooters, the eyes, and spider tracers, we're likely to see them all from the looks of things (his costume looks like there's something on his wrist that could be part of web shooters) but he's still not on the super genius level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What I really want to know/find out is, who shot Rhodey down from the sky? It looked like an energy beam of some kind, and also at 1:42 in the trailer when Tony punches Cap, there's someone being held in a container similar to the one Bucky's shown to be in, could the someone in said container be Quicksilver? Can't screenshot what I am referring to, but hopefully someone else saw what I am talking about. Or maybe I am just clutching at straws.

382274_1319776914705544_3977725555481391106_n.jpg?oh=49b8269fa2cc27c29cf4ba27dd2d544a&oe=575F1C47

3211FC3B00000578-3486205-image-m-26_1457634168810.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

3211F98100000578-3486205-image-m-64_1457637330810.jpg

3211F9A000000578-3486205-image-m-58_1457636733229.jpg

3211F86700000578-3486205-image-m-16_1457632993469.jpg

3214562E00000578-3486205-image-a-64_1457677904733.jpg

zerks wrote: »
    3211FC3B00000578-3486205-image-m-26_1457634168810.jpg

But Bucky's shown to be standing upright, whereas in the image I posted, the character is sat down.. Plus he's actually seen in the trailer and in the still posted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

But Bucky's shown to be standing upright, whereas in the image I posted, the character is sat down.. Plus he's actually seen in the trailer and in the still posted..

Theres a rumour floating around that its Baron Zemo.

horgan_p wrote: »
    Its possible they'll bring in an element of the comic that would square away the question of where young Parker gets his expensive toys from......

I haven't read them in awhile so I wouldn't be the best source. I probably haven't read a spidey comic since ultimate spider man 10 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm interested to see how they can nullify the threat of Vision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm interested to see how they can nullify the threat of Vision.

#227 pic 2 seems to show
    Vision getting cooked by Scarlet Witch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Skerries wrote: »

I know the movie is steering away from the comics, but Hulk was removed from the equation not long before the events of Civil War started.

The writers clarified it was pretty much because having Hulk choose a side would mean their side would be pretty much assured to win, plus it's extremely hard to imagine the Hulk himself agreeing with registration, no matters Banners feelings on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It looks like
    Bucky is gonna be weaker in this film, and Scarlet Witch is gonna be stronger. Kinda evens the sides up as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First reviews are out and some saying it may be the best Marvel film yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

First reviews are out and some saying it may be the best Marvel film yet.

Saw some feedback myself and tbh, the usual caveat of they being twitter posts should apply. I've liked what I've seen of this film so far, but would never trust a breathless tweet as far as I could throw it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm confident enough to be excited for it. Winter soldier was so good, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Lifting an embargo a month early can mean only one thing: they've a hit on their hands.

Fair play to Marvel and I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

We're getting this 1 week before the US audiences! Love it when that happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

s.welstead wrote: »
    We're getting this 1 week before the US audiences! Love it when that happens
    It's been that with Marvel movies for as long as I remember.. reasoning by Mr Feige here.

Reviews are coming in!
    Matching its blockbuster scale and spectacle with the smarts of a great, grown-up thriller, *Captain America: Civil War* is Marvel Studios’ finest film yet. There. We said it again.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/captain-america-civil-war/review/

The Marvel Cinematic Universe on the whole is filled with great films and blockbuster gems, but between The First Avenger, The Winter Solider and now Civil War, it’s been firmly proven that they have a better grip on Captain America than any of their heroes, and it can be said with confidence that the three movies come together to create the greatest superhero trilogy of all time. The new film is equally thrilling, fun, engaging, emotional, smart, and thought-provoking, and really everything you want from summer entertainment.

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Captain-America-Civil-War-69827.html

The superhero slugfest this summer deserved. The emotional stakes couldn’t be higher, the big fight delivers in every conceivable way and Tom Holland’s amazing Spider-Man steals the show. Up there with the best of Marvel.

http://www.gamesradar.com/captain-america-civil-war-review/

• Advertisement

All aboard the hype train :D

All aboard the hype train :D

I am in the dining carrage, come, join me for a light refreshment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

All of the hype..

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 17 reviews and an average score of 9/10...hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hype hype hooray!

• Advertisement
Advertisement