Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Captain America : Civil War *spoilers from post 480*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Fantastic. I think this might be Marvel's best offering to date.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is Tony Stark joining the GOTG ???

I think getting rid/killing off some of the first avengers eg Iron Man, Captain America etc in Infinity War will open up the gates for newer guys

Who could possbiily come along in the future to try and defeat the Avengers and GOTG after they beat Thanos (who would be a very powerful villian) ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who could possbiily come along in the future to try and defeat the Avengers and GOTG after they beat Thanos (who would be a very powerful villian) ???

I'd like to see Carnage

It's a good question though. Hard to top Thanos in terms of power. With GOTG, Loki, Infinity Wars, Doctor Strange and all this intergalactic stuff, I think they should try and ground the next villain as an in-world threat. No point in trying to force the story to put in a more powerful villain than Thanos for the sake of it.

That's why I think Carnage would be perfect (who can work as a low level threat and a major international threat and is long overdue a film appearance). You could have his origin built in to a post-credit scene in Spider-man, where we see a symbiote spawn merge with Cletus Kassity which Venom dropped in the middle of a battle with Spidey . You could have him cameo next in the Daredevil TV series murdering people down back alleys in Hell's Kitchen before going on the rampage in the Avengers. Most of the villains in Marvel have been calculating, so this would be a new challenge i.e face a villain who can overpower them (or at the very least cause sustained major problems) and has no agenda but to kill everything. Pure psychopath who cannot be reasoned with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Holy S***! I went in with high expectations and even those were exceeded. To have 12 Superheroes in a film, do them all justice, and still have it feel at it's core like a Captain America film - the Russo Bros have done it again. I loved every minute of it - from the politics to the action to the comedy, I thought it all came together very well.

Can't fault any of the cast, thought every single one of them was superb - some people have commented on Elizabeth Olsen's accent, but I honestly can't say I noticed because I was so invested in the character. Would love Scarlett Witch and Black Widow to each get their own solo films - two female characters that people enjoy, so Marvel should go ahead and green-light them.

As for the newbies Black Panther and Spider-Man stole every scene they were in, so can't fault those guys and really has me excited for their solo outings.

I have to say I enjoyed the Villain - best since Loki in my opinion (which granted isn't that difficult an achievement), but yeah
    I liked how he kinda just went about his business in the background, when we finally found out his reasoning for doing it all I bought it and I liked how Black Panther dealt with him. It was nice having a human villain, with real motives for doing what he was doing, rather than just another Alien/AI villain, who just f**ks **** up for this s**ts and giggles. And Daniel Bruhl is an actor I've always loved and he did well with the part, even if he was more of a background character than up front and centre, which was fine.
    It worked for me.

And that Airport Fight Scene - that was flawless and amazing. Apparently the Russo used Action Figures when they were planning all that out to keep track of everyone, and it really paid off on screen.

As someone else mentioned, one thing that annoyed me was Iron Man just knowing who Spider-man was. He shouldn't be a minion to Iron-mans beck and call, which he now is as he can be blackmailed.

They also depowered him by effectively taking away his spider sense. No way could Ant-man get that close without him sensing the danger, or Captain America tag him or even Falcons little gadget throw him out the window.

I love Bucky Barnes in these films though and the way he fights. The shot where he had Iron-man pinned up to the wall looked awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

As someone else mentioned, one thing that annoyed me was Iron Man just knowing who Spider-man was? He shouldn't be a minion to Iron-mans beck and call, which he now is as he can be blackmailed.

They also depowered him by effectively taking away his spider sense. No way could Ant-man get that close without him sensing the danger, or Captain America tagging him or even Falcons little gadget throwing him out the window.
    They definitely didn't take away his spider sense, there's a moment in the fight with Bucky and Falcon where a piece of debris is thrown at him from behind and he ducks it without looking and then throws it back.

They definitely didn't take away his spider sense, there's a moment in the fight with Bucky and Falcon where a piece of debris is thrown at him from behind and he ducks it without looking and then throws it back.
    Ah, I know they didn't but they may as well have at times for the sake of the plot to make it an even fight. In reality, Spider-man could have taken the lot of them by himself, both sides that is

Gbear wrote: »
    Also, if the premise of Ant Man is that
    his atoms are closer together giving him the same momentum in a tiny package, then giant-man would get knocked down by a stiff breeze. He might be 50 feet tall but he's still supposed to weigh 70kg. That truck he threw should've still weighed 10 tonnes as well.
    UNREALISTIC BULL****!:pac:
    I'm not sure of the supposed science to it, but from reading about him in the comics years ago, at that height he's as strong at the hulk in "calm mode" for a limited period of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Fantastic. I think this might be Marvel's best offering to date.

Definitely put it up in Marvel's A List along with Winter Solider, First Iron Man film, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers. It didn't even feel like 2hrs 30 min film when watching it which is a great sign. I think Captain America is the best Franchise in Marvel canon, two Superhero classics and one very underrated film in the first film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

that was the dogs b*****ks !!!! absolutely blown away !!! 10/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Good solid effort.
    Not at the level of Winter Soldier by any means, which was just a fantastic film as opposed to a 'superhero' movie, but pretty good for the most part with one or two caveats that prevent it from being very good.
    Does suffer from 'Avengeritis' a bit too much, which isn't too unexpected given the development the film went through over the last couple years, but it's certainly a better Avengers film than Ultron, and to be fair to it, it does play a reasonable screentime to the multitude of characters without tripping itself up too much.
    Good turns from Boseman's Panther, and Downey's angst ridden Iron Man is a treat, especially in comparison to the joke that was Iron Man 3. Spiderman's involvement naturally feels a bit forced and while it's fun to see him up on screen with the others, his introduction is a bit jarring. Promising signs from Holland though so we'll see what the finished article is like in his main event.
    Excellent action sequences, but I'm going to plump more for the apartment escape sequence with Cap and WS as a favourite as opposed to the airport battle, which could have been toned down more IMO (not looking at anyone in particular, Ant-man).
    Some wonky CG at times, especially evident in the aforementioned airport battle, with some nasty superimposed shots of the main actors.
    Not enough time spent with the machinations and motivations of Bruhl's Zemo, but in truth, the villain has rarely been handled effectively in Marvel's universe.

All in all, worth a watch, at its best in its moments of seriousness, especially given how frequently it tries to lighten the tone. Not their best by any means, but good fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Gbear wrote: »
    A few bits looked a little hokey. Some of the CGI didn't blend that well - Iron Man in the airport stood out.
    Them running faster than cars looked a bit daft as well.
    I seen it in the trailers and it looked a bit 6 million dollar man for my liking. They are suoerheroes but the movement of the legs just looked wrong, more like they were on travelators than they could run really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I preferred it to winter soldier personally, but then they're not exactly the same kind of movie. Winter soldier is practically an old school spy thriller with the hook that captain america is a force of absolute good in a world of morally grey people, whereas civil war is much more... I don't know what the word is exactly. Enjoyed it a lot more though. Avengers fighting each other is much more interesting and enjoyable than the ultron robots from AOU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

is it ok to bring a 4 year old to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Was awesome, it was all crash and bang and boom, then cap was all like I aint signing nothing and ironman was all like I thought we were friends, and then cap was all well im friends with someone else so ironman was like hey my friends are gonna beat up your friends and I was like "wooooooooahhhh, no waaaaay!" .

Then spiderman was all like pew pew with his web slinger and hot aunt may, and I was like "daaaaammmmn, aunt may". Who this, weeelllll its inky the black panther thats who!

So yeah it was awwwweeesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Film is ****ing class and has me so hyped for the next Spidey film. Can anyone remember what FRIDAY says to Tony during
    a fight near the end. She is giving him a diagnostic but sounds like she used an Irish phrase. Might just be the accent that made it sound more Irish than it was maybe? 'Armour is wrecked' or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Film is ****ing class and has me so hyped for the next Spidey film. Can anyone remember what FRIDAY says to Tony during
    a fight near the end. She is giving him a diagnostic but sounds like she used an Irish phrase. Might just be the accent that made it sound more Irish than it was maybe? 'Armour is wrecked' or something like that.

She said
    weapons systems or something were 'knackered'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NotorietyH wrote: »
    She said
    weapons systems or something were 'knackered'

Ah that's the one :pac:

I loved that bit :pac: I just loved the whole thing. I really like age of ultron, but Civil War was head and shoulders above it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

There were loads of great one liners in the movie but my favourite was Spidey saying to Cap
    "Your shield doesn't obey the laws of physics at all". It was especially funny to me because I kept thinking that myself during his 5 movies everytime it ricochets of about 4 objects and back again to Cap. The Empire Strikes Back gag was a comedy highlight too and its reference was actually rather inspired in the context of the action.

One podcast I listened to compared the MCU to a TV series where each episode just happens to be a multi-million dollar movie every 6 months or so. Some episodes are great, some are sub-standard but overall the series is excellent. Civil War really does feel like an awesome season finale episode of a TV series.

Civil War is part Avengers 2.5, part Captain America 3, part original story of Black Panther, and part introduction to the MCU's Spidey. It is quite an extraordinary juggling act and incrediblly they managed to pull it off when other comic book movies (Spider-man 3, The Amazing Spider-man 2) struggled with considerably less to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Will spoiler it all as I'm on mobile

The positives:
    - Chris Evans' and RDJ's best performances yet. The burden of their choices always weighing them down, their resolve to do what they felt was right, their pain at having to face each other. They nailed it all.
    - Chadwick Boseman and Tom Holland, take a f*cking bow. BP was utterly amazing. As some of the early reviewers said, he's both regal and fierce. Spiderman was absolutely spot on too. He nailed the geeky Peter Parker and the cocky Spiderman.
    - Vision was brilliant, and I loved the use of his powers throughout.
    - The rest of the main cast were perfect too. Everyone got their moments, particularly Ant-Man who was awesome and showed both the character and Paul Rudd fit perfectly in the MCU.
    - I know some are complaining about the villain, but I thought he was great. Far more understated and with a much clearer story than some other MCU villains. No delusions of ruling the world, just wanted to hurt the Avengers.
    - All the fight scenes were amazing, the airport scene particularly. Everyone got their moments. Steve and Bucky in the stairwell was fantastic too.
    - Sharon quoting Peggy at the funeral (which was actually a paraphrasing of a famous Cap speech from the Civil War comics) was pure genius and a real kick to the heart.

The negatives
    - I found the camerawork to be pretty bad in the earlier fight scenes. Too close in and too shaky.
    - Both Martin Freeman and William Hurt were kinda wasted. I know Hurt is a throwback from earlier films and Freeman will probably be in future films, but would have liked a bit more from both.
    - Crossbones was wasted. Marvel kills off good baddies far too easily. Crossbones could have been saved even as a henchman for a future film and have another henchmen carrying the suicide vest which almost kills Steve.
    - Far too obvious Bucky killed Tony's parents. They shouldn't have shown the car crash in the middle of the film too.

Overall, terrific film. The balance throughout of characters, stories, fights... it's unbelievable. Definitely up there with the top of the films. Not quite sure where though, will require a few more viewings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

^^^^

I agree about the villain. If he was a villain in a "normal" MCU movie, he would have been fairly weak. But the central conflict in the movie doesn't come from the villain but from the ideological differences between Stark and Rodgers. And I thought the scene at the end
    where he explains his motivations to Panther was all the backstory we needed.
    . I think a big Thanos or Loki type villain would have overloaded the movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Really loved this - I'm a big Captain America fan, loved the first two movies and they would be may favourite of the Marvel Universe, and this was a great addition to the set. I'm sure over the next few days I will think of things I didn't like but right now its just quality.

A better Avengers movie than the last Averngers movie, progressed the universe more, progressed the characters more - and will have a bitter and brilliant affect on future movies. Found the Avenger on Avenger fights very enjoyable, and impactful - during the final one i really did get drawn in and wondered how each blow would effect the future of the universe. Just brilliant stuff.

Really liked that the bad guy wasn't a world ending foe either, it allowed the movie to keep its focus where it should be. Very well done.

One of my criticisms of Avengers 2 was the comedy aspect and how Whedon seemed to feel that every scene seemed to need a joke - especially how it took away the menace of Ultron in doing so (like when he took your mans arm off, and then jokingly apologized for it) but found the comedy element in this near perfectly weighted. Funny without taking away from the emotional intention of the scene.

Black Panther was superb too - loved the movement and how he made no sound when he'd hit the ground, graceful like a cat, as it were.

Brilliant stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is Tony Stark joining the GOTG ???

I think getting rid/killing off some of the first avengers eg Iron Man, Captain America etc in Infinity War will open up the gates for newer guys

Galactus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

As someone else mentioned, one thing that annoyed me was Iron Man just knowing who Spider-man was. He shouldn't be a minion to Iron-mans beck and call, which he now is as he can be blackmailed.

They also depowered him by effectively taking away his spider sense. No way could Ant-man get that close without him sensing the danger, or Captain America tag him or even Falcons little gadget throw him out the window
    I think it's perfectly reasonable that 14/15 year old geek would be willing to answer Stark/Iron Man's beck and call. I also think it will be interesting down the line when Spidey becomes more mature and independent, we already know Stark will appear in Homecoming.

In regard to the spider sense it's mentioned he's only had his powers six months so that could be an excuse also I'm sure there would have been a lot more emotions and adrenaline going through Spidey's system, he's not just fighting some purse snatchers, the Avengers are probably his heroes and he's fighting with and against them.

One of my favourite moments is this was when Spidey caught the Winter Soldier's punch, that was epic!!
    And that Airport Fight Scene - that was flawless and amazing. Apparently the Russo used Action Figures when they were planning all that out to keep track of everyone, and it really paid off on screen.

I think the one flaw I had during the Airport scene was
    the absence of Vision, obviously he was there but I can only remember him taking out Scarlet Witch and then War Machine (oops). TBH I think he's probably too powerful and could have taken out Cap's side too easy so they didn't know what to do with him.
    Still loved it though.
    Bowlardo wrote: »

I would say yes but there is one moment of particularly gruesome violence that I winced at. It's not particularly bloody but it has impact. I'll spoiler it below but overall the tone the light and the action is usual Marvel fare.
    The Winter Soldier smashes Howard Stark's face which definitely crumples, there's no splatter but I found it hard to watch. He then also strangles Mrs Stark, but you just see him grap her throat and then the camera pans up to his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'd say it might be a bit long for a 4 year old and there would be large parts were they will be bored, lots of dialogue etc.

There's also a few shots of civilian causalities early on but no blood or anything. A few instances when somebody would be chocked to death but it's implied rather than shown.

Depends on what they've seen before really, if they've seen lots of the superhero films already then theres nothing really worse in this that I can think of at the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

A brilliant film and so well acted.

Kudos to Downey Jr, Holland, Rudd and Boseman in particular. Though in a film with Captain America as the supposed central character, that's disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

Saw it today with my son. He LOVES Cap so he was teamCap all the way. (Things got awkward a couple weeks back when we were in Disneyland and Spider-Man asked him if he was teamCap or teamIronman)

Saw it in 3D which I thought was meh. I feel like it was 3D for the sake of it. The acting is superb it's what makes these movies what they are.

I think it is one of the better MCU movies so far, but I do wonder how a newbie who hasn't seen the others films would rate it.

mohawk wrote: »
    Saw it today with my son. He LOVES Cap so he was teamCap all the way. (Things got awkward a couple weeks back when we were in Disneyland and Spider-Man asked him if he was teamCap or teamIronman)

Saw it in 3D which I thought was meh. I feel like it was 3D for the sake of it. The acting is superb it's what makes these movies what they are.

I think it is one of the better MCU movies so far, but I do wonder how a newbie who hasn't seen the others films would rate it.
    Spidey would have been team Cap if he knew what the stakes were. He defected to team Cap in the comics [SPOILER/]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Good film with interesting arguments around the control of people with powers. Downey's acting was top notch-but the new spiderman was also v good. I still believe vigilantism is bad so ended up on ironmans side in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I was kinda bored by this film tbh.

Spiderman was good, but tbh I don't get all the love. For a civil war, no one died and f all happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Really really liked the movie. So much better than AoU.
    Black panther was really good, great addition to the cast. Ant man fit in much better than I thought he would, Paul Rudd nailed it. Also proved to be far more useful than I thought he would. Spider-Man...well I wasn't as impressed as a lot of people are, mostly because I thought the whole 'I'm an awkward nerd' shtick wore thin during the airport scene. Though I know that's the direction they wanted to go down, I assume he will mature as the saga goes on.

The plot was actually kind of thought provoking, good theme of control and power in the background and as others have said the subtle and 'weak' villain helped to keep the focus on the internal conflict within the Avengers rather than force them to set aside their bad blood and beat the baddie and kiss and hug each other after.

Also definitely Team Cap on this one. Thought it was interesting that Stark seemed to show a lot of vulnerability in this movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

So damn good! 10/10

Would rate this above any superhero movie ive seen to date, The Russo Brothers have done a fantastic job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've just seen it and I dont think its a patch on the Winter Solider, which I'd rate as Marvels best movie so far, not a great film but a solid, enjoyable, show.

I really feel
    they should have had an Avenger or two killed off, I mean, off the top of my head, apart from killing off agent coulson and sneaking him back and killing Quicksilver, theyve not done enough to portray that any of them are in any grave danger at all from these fights.

It's just the way it is with Marvel, they couldn't even bring themselves to end the film on a sour note. Instead they have Stark go all gooed eyed over Cap's letter and blanks the Thunderbolt's request for help when Cap infiltrates the prison. I mean this is the Stark who in only the previous scene called Rodgers' a disgrace to the shield, yet he forgets this all because of a douchey letter from Cap that more or less said "hey, I can't be your friend but I hope you're still ok."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I only half read that last post, but it seems like a spoiler. If it is, then what the hell man?

Apologies, I thought spoilers were ok.

Tagging everything does get tiresome especially given it's been out a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That film was waaaaay too long. I struggled to stay awake during the middle portion. There was a bit of decent action and a few laughs. It was OK but I'm not seeing where all the love in here is coming from.

I couldn't help but think that all the hand to hand combat was a bit pointless in places when you've got the Russian chick there who could just control the lot of them with a wave of glowy purple energy ball.

The CGI was notably iffy in quite a few places.

My biggest gripe was that some inconsiderate mouth breather decided it would be a good idea to bring a toddler to the cinema. I sh!t you not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

How is the kid with all the other marvel movies? Going to bring my 5 1/2 year old as he's crazy about marvel, seen all the MCU movie offerings. He saw AoU & Ant Man last year and had no problems with them (I've drawn the line with Deadpool though :eek:). Black Panther is who he wants to see the most.

I saw this in London yesterday at the Empire IMAX - WOW. I normally avoid 3D like the plague but this was very well done. I loved the movie it moved along at a decent pace and the story developed without feeling too forced. Some of the reveals were a bit telegraphed and I think
    a death would have made a bigger impact(but not just for impacts sake) - I also agree with previous poster about things being okey-dokey after Tony reads Caps letter and Cap breaks onto the raft - They could have left things a bit more up in the air

Probably bring the kids during the week and get a second viewing - Cue the 3 year old bawling that she can't go.

CivilWarMashers.jpg?dl=0

• Advertisement

I actually thought
    the fight between Cap and Stark was brutal as ****, for a marvel movie anyway, since its them basically pounding on each other with as much blood as you probably get away with in 12 certificate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Way too long, as a Captain America movie it lost some of the focus on that character.
    I know Rudd and Holland are getting most of the plaudits but Sebastian Stan was great too.

Johansson was awful, seemed to have a smirk in every scene.

I agree it needed a
    a death or too, WarMachine was an obvious one, does anyone care about him anyway? His 'ha ha Mr Stank', after yet another god awful cameo would have spared had he bitten the dust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Saw this film last night. very impressed... excellent story telling by the Russo Brothers... think what they could have done with Batman Vs Superman..

excellent timing, comedy and action through out the movie... They really brought through the vulnerability of Robert Downey Jr's Iron man.., also Kudos to RDj...

Loved
    Black Panther, brilliant character, excellently played...
    Cap's kiss with Sharon Carter and the reaction of the 2 lads in the VW Beetle, floored the cinema...

Do we still need spoiler tags?

This movie and the last Captain movie have been brilliant... very impressed Marvel..
    also sad we don't see more of CrossBones... he's a badass comic book villian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Sirsok wrote: »
    Was awesome, it was all crash and bang and boom, then cap was all like I aint signing nothing and ironman was all like I thought we were friends, and then cap was all well im friends with someone else so ironman was like hey my friends are gonna beat up your friends and I was like "wooooooooahhhh, no waaaaay!" .

Then spiderman was all like pew pew with his web slinger and hot aunt may, and I was like "daaaaammmmn, aunt may". Who this, weeelllll its inky the black panther thats who!

So yeah it was awwwweeesome

Thanks man... best review yet... "pew pew"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Firstly I enjoyed it. It was good but...
    Maybe it's just me but these movies about individual superheroes in the marvel universe is far too Avengers orientated. I actually had to ask my girlfriend at one point in the movie if it was Captain America or the Avengers I was watching. Yes it was about a civil war and thus you'd expect some Avengers in it but this was literally Avengers in Captain America's universe. MEH.

Winter Soldier and the first one did not feel like this for me and personally I didn't enjoy it as much. I went to watch Captain America's story evolve not more standardised Avengers. Worst of the three by a reasonable distance for me.

Maybe this is partly due to me starting to realise I'm finding Marvel movies a bit stale nowadays. So take my opinion with a pinch of salt if you like.

Spoilering just incase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Really good film. Someone earlier said that the first 30 minutes were dodgy and I felt the same but I grew into it.

Ant Man, black panther and Spiderman outshined the regulars for me.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Firstly I enjoyed it. It was good but...
    Maybe it's just me but these movies about individual superheroes in the marvel universe is far too Avengers orientated. I actually had to ask my girlfriend at one point in the movie if it was Captain America or the Avengers I was watching. Yes it was about a civil war and thus you'd expect some Avengers in it but this was literally Avengers in Captain America's universe. MEH.

Winter Soldier and the first one did not feel like this for me and personally I didn't enjoy it as much. I went to watch Captain America's story evolve not more standardised Avengers. Worst of the three by a reasonable distance for me.

Maybe this is partly due to me starting to realise I'm finding Marvel movies a bit stale nowadays. So take my opinion with a pinch of salt if you like.

Spoilering just incase.
    People complain that the others are strangely absent in the singular movies and then we have this....:rolleyes:;):p

I get what you are saying,it very much does feel like an Avengers movie, and a better Avengers movie than Age of Ultron, imo.

But I still feel that Captain America was the driving force behind the movie and the direction it took, with the use of the other characters making sense - i didn't feel anyone was shoe-horned in.

If it had been called Avengers: Civil War i wouldn't have thought it odd though. However, I'm just delighted we get an excellent (imo) movie, whatever the title was.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Really good film. Someone earlier said that the first 30 minutes were dodgy and I felt the same but I grew into it.

Ant Man, black panther and Spiderman outshined the regulars for me.

I loved Rudd's mad glee and Spidey's reaction when he goes
    giant.
    :D

I'm actually surprised they gave that away in a non solo movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Is the UN an evil organisation in the Marvel-verse since Captain America seemed very adament that they shouldn't be given oversight over the avengers. The 170 countries want to sign this Cap and Captain America saying no is slightly reminiscent of US foreign policy!

Is the UN an evil organisation in the Marvel-verse since Captain America seemed very adament that they shouldn't be given oversight over the avengers. The 170 countries want to sign this Cap and Captain America saying no is slightly reminiscent of US foreign policy!

I don't think they have been credited as evil - cap just doesn't want to cede decision making/authority to any group.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I took the advice of others here and went for the Imax.

Massive anti-climax I think.

The "conflict" was very contrived and their choice of villain was a real dis-service to the character they're based on.

Spider-Man was good to be fair to them, but again, the casting of Aunt May was weird. T'Chala was also very well played, so I do find myself looking forward to the Black Panther film.

All things considered, I'd much rather have stayed in bed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement