Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tortoise Hibernating

Options
  • 07-05-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

So we decided not to hibernate our tortoise this year. The heat lamp stays on during the day and one side of his habitate is under the radiator so it's nice and warm.

However, I was told he's trying to hibernate now. I'm not home so I'm not sure what exactly is going on but apparently he kept himself in the colder part of his enclosure and refused food. He doesn't appear sick otherwise, his eyes are clear etc.

Anyone have any idea as to why he would pick now to try and hibernate? Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I'll move this to the sub-forum where there are some reptile experts who might know what's going on.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Advertisement