Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends in Cork?

Options
  • 07-05-2015 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys!

I'm moving to Cork in early June and I'd like to join some sports club. Maybe women rugby, or volleyball but I would do anything really.

Can you recommend any sports club for beginners aged 18-25? I emailed UCC and the college of commerce asking if I could join their clubs, but their answer was no as I am not their student :(

Thank you all for help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

There are some tag rugby groups which are pretty cool if your into that kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

loo.see wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I'm moving to Cork in early June and I'd like to join some sports club. Maybe women rugby, or volleyball but I would do anything really.

Can you recommend any sports club for beginners aged 18-25? I emailed UCC and the college of commerce asking if I could join their clubs, but their answer was no as I am not their student :(

Thank you all for help!
    Have contact details for tag rugby in ballincollig if u want them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

join local macra na feirme, they are not all farmers , most actually are not , great social with a bit of sports etc for those in the 18 -30 age bracket. Glanmire & carrigaline both have clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

OP,take your pick here.

http://www.meetup.com/cities/ie/cork/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

loo.see wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Thank you all for help!

Hiya as the previous poster mentioned there is www.meetup.com which has loads of groups. I used to create events here on boards but I now run them here: http://www.meetup.com/Meetups-in-Cork/

My group rarely runs sports events to be honest however by joining you might meet others your age who are interested in sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

kingtut wrote: »
    Hiya as the previous poster mentioned there is www.meetup.com which has loads of groups. I used to create events here on boards but I now run them here: http://www.meetup.com/Meetups-in-Cork/

My group rarely runs sports events to be honest however by joining you might meet others your age who are interested in sports.

+1 for this, Kingtut's a meet up legend on Boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Andip wrote: »

+1 ..

Legend indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Good ladies rugby scene in Highfield rugby club near UCC.
    Where u moving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Andip wrote: »
    MrFrisp wrote: »
    +1 ..

Legend indeed.

Thanks for the glowing references guys, I'll pay you later ;)

Advertisement