Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for GSD installer

Options
  • 07-05-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have posted here before about changing an astec alarm. It seems GSD has the most features. I would like the app and gsm monitoring and that it can be accessed via a browser anywhere.I like the remote internal cctv. I have tried several installers. None do GSD. They all recommend HKC. The last guy I had said he could install it but didn't want the hassle as he wasn't used to anything but HKC or Aritech. He even saw it at an exhibition and thought it was great but too much work to train his guys to do it. I'm in the midlands have rang well known installers in Dublin and the midlands and can't get any further with it. They all say they will call back and don't ! I'd like to install outside flood lights to come on if alarm activated but apparently it can't be done with led lights with built in sensors ? Is this correct ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

marge2006 wrote: »
    I have posted here before about changing an astec alarm. It seems GSD has the most features. I would like the app and gsm monitoring and that it can be accessed via a browser anywhere.I like the remote internal cctv. I have tried several installers. None do GSD. They all recommend HKC. The last guy I had said he could install it but didn't want the hassle as he wasn't used to anything but HKC or Aritech. He even saw it at an exhibition and thought it was great but too much work to train his guys to do it.
    Unfortunatly the industry is full of these one trick ponys. Installers with limited experience like this are best advoided IMO.
    If you contact GSD they will happily put you in contact with more experienced installers in your area.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

+1, Contact GSD directly. I've dealt with Gerry once or twice in there and found him super helpful.

Advertisement