Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please. briggs and stratton 675 engine oil leak

Options
  • 07-05-2015 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

B&S 675 engine on lawnmower has oil bubbling from one of the bolts on engine casing
    How do i fix this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

B&S 675 engine on lawnmower has oil bubbling from one of the bolts on engine casing
    How do i fix this??
    Tighten the bolt?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

How do i fix this??

Can you post a pic of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

@Peterfalk78

Ive attached images with an arrow to where the oil was bubbling.
    Therer also appears to be a leak above judging by the pipes, but i not sure if this would have the oil bubbling on the bolt .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

My opinion is that there is a worn O-ring that needs replacing.
    There is a screw at the top that holds that filler tube in place.
    Remove screw, lift up the tube, replace the O-ring and push the tube back in, replace screw.
    if it is exactly where your arrow is, there is a crack in the housing? maybe the housing bolt was loose and vibration cracked it, or it was over tightened.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

thanks, i really hope the housing isnt cracked as im not sure how to fix it ,

so i will look at it in more detail, i hope its an o ring seal or something

• Advertisement
Advertisement