Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How easily is Construction Marked?

• 07-05-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Just done my day practical there today and was wondering if anybody knows how its marked? Like if theres only one or two marking out mistakes and the joints arent all flush but it still stands and looks like the 3D graphic would that be good or just OK? I know how strict this site is on hints so I kept it very general there :p our teacher said the standard is usually terrible and most people dont even get the piece assembled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AllyBushell

Not sure how easily it's marked, but I was one of 4 from around 30 students who finished it in my school. My guess is that if you have it finished you'll get a majority of the marks. It was a fairly hard one :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

The marking scheme is divided up into sections, eg quality of M+T joints, chamfering etc. Examiners don't just give the artifact a glance a pluck the figure of say 16% out of nowhere. Just because it's fully assembled, doesn't necessarily mean it's assembled correctly, or accurately for that matter.

I'm being very vague here, but if the joints are marked correctly, all fitting fairly securely with minimal gaps and it's assembled as per the drawings then one should be able to achieve a respectable mark.

Remember that a large proportion of the marks are awarded for the correct marking out of the piece.

Advertisement