Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I no idea when this show going to end so again I thought this was going to be the last one. But no when finally they got to Savage I was so annoyed with Kendra pulling out at the last minute. If I'm not mistaken surely if this version of carter dies another one will come back and he won't have his brain scrambled? I felt it was rather weak reason not to kill Savage. The robot fight was cool. I assume next week is the last one? it can keep drag this out can it?

Three more episodes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

By far the weakest episode yet only good part was robot fighting atom everything else absolute dung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RealiTea

Excited to see what happens with this... CW always makes me skeptical but the last few shows have been good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

RealiTea wrote: »
    Excited to see what happens with this... CW always makes me skeptical but the last few shows have been good.

CW has a better selection of shows than the other non-cable networks combined at the moment. It's a different network to what it was a few years ago. There was a time I wouldn't give a CW show a chance, but these days it's the network I have the most faith in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

CW has a better selection of shows than the other non-cable networks combined at the moment. It's a different network to what it was a few years ago. There was a time I wouldn't give a CW show a chance, but these days it's the network I have the most faith in.
    I recently checked what channels output I watch the most and, once I eliminated Netflix, it was the CW tying with FX for the most. Yep, ahead of HBO and well ahead of the FOX / CBS / ABC / NBC gang. I think there were 17 different sources for all the shows I watch!

(I'm watching Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, iZombie, Supernatural and The 100 currently).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ixoy wrote: »
    I recently checked what channels output I watch the most and, once I eliminated Netflix, it was the CW tying with FX for the most. Yep, ahead of HBO and well ahead of the FOX / CBS / ABC / NBC gang. I think there were 17 different sources for all the shows I watch!

(I'm watching Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, iZombie, Supernatural and The 100 currently).

Exact same six CW shows that I watch. I've also been meaning to check out their new show Containment, but may wait until one or two other shows have finished up for the summer first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Exact same six CW shows that I watch. I've also been meaning to check out their new show Containment, but may wait until one or two other shows have finished up for the summer first.

Afaik CW had only one good show back then, it was Veronica Mars, then went to UPN:)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Rael wrote: »
    Three more episodes left.

3 more? They have savage caught and the weapon to kill him. It just Kendra has to get over herself and were done. How the hell going string this out.

3 more? They have savage caught and the weapon to kill him. It just Kendra has to get over herself and were done. How the hell going string this out.
    But just like on 'Arrow' and 'The Flash', the greater good of the entire world gets tossed out once one of their friends - in this case Carter - is in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Ah in fairness, we've just had years and years of people whinging over Superman breaking Zod's neck in MoS - I think it's reasonable that they're trying to take the truly heroic approach of not mashing his skull into tiny fragments. Annoyed the ****e out of me how they attributed it to Kendra's undying love for Carter though, instead of just having her make a heroic choice on her own.

• Advertisement

The whole point of the show is to kill Savage. This delayin killing Savage is not about them being heroic, they killed loads of people, including Savage twice, It would be odd at this point if they pulled the whole "We don't want to kill now cause were heroes thing" when the whole world is at stake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This show annoys me... and I probably shouldn't keep watching it but with only a few episodes left I'm sure I will

Some episodes show the promise this show has (like the two episodes a few weeks back without Savage) but too many of them just involve nonsensical plot points, characters just being really really stupid especially given how some of them (like Ray who decided to go into Savages cell to fight him) are supposed to be essentially geniuses and then things I would imagine the vast majority of the audience could not care less about. I mean really who cares about Ray & Kendras love story?

Did anyone not see the Time master twist coming either ? I guess it should make the next few episodes more interesting though as they had defeated Savage so many times at this stage that he isn't credible on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Afaik CW had only one good show back then, it was Veronica Mars, then went to UPN:)

Actually it was the other way round. UPN folded so they moved Veronica Mars to the CW for its third season.

I'm pretty sure its why they named one of the characters "Clarence Weedman". Duncan referred to him as "CW" as kind of a wink to the fans saying "don't worry, we'll be back next year on CW.

Well CW was essentially a merger of UPN and The WB really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Spent that entire episode thinking why am I watching this. And the only answer was there's only 2 and 3/4... 2 1/2... 2 1/4 episodes left.

Wont be waiting around with baited breath for season two.

I wouldn't mind this returning with Atom and Constantine as part of the crew

I wouldn't mind this returning with Atom and Constantine as part of the crew

It has been renewed with
    some new characters and a different focus expected

That was the first real dud for me. Still some good stuff, but lots of characters being really dumb, and the Kendra-Ray business just became insufferable.

Thought this was the first time Savage came across as well. But Ray going in to fight him was beyond stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Carter is a terrible character to me. i dont really find him likeable at all.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »

At least he has the teeth to match Kendra. Dental match made by the gods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wonder if there is an eternal dentist that they use?

LoT writers, you can use that for free in season 2 if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr E wrote: »
    I wonder if there is an eternal dentist that they use?

LoT writers, you can use that for free in season 2 if you want.

Don't give them ideas.

I mean, I know it seems like they're running out of them, but still, don't give them ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well clearly they had a good dentist in the old west since Kendra's teeth were less obvious in the older version of her.
    Or she lost them all and now had dentures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

sky88 wrote: »

I cheered a little bit when Savage killed him. It didn't last unfortunately.

I cheered a little bit when Savage killed him. It didn't last unfortunately.
    Me too. Also surely Savage knew he didn't kill him because Savage didn't immediately get a power rush. Then again this was quite a stupid episode with Ray being the highlight - completely out of character but not in a believable way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was a pretty fun episode. I'm looking forward to the finale now.

Mr E wrote: »
    That was a pretty fun episode. I'm looking forward to the finale now.
    Yeah, definitely an improvement. I laughed when it was revealed that they had not only been constantly screwing up the timeline, but doing it in a way that made things much better for Savage.

I'm hoping Cold isn't dead by the way - there's a bunch of other characters I'd sacrifice. And timey-wimey anyway.

• Advertisement

I've really liked the Ray/Mick & Sarah/Snart friendships that have built up over the course of the season, it really added an extra punch to that episode and helped create an emotional final act. I also love the personality and humour they've manged to portray in Gideon.

Advertisement