Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The best bit about all these Arrowverse shows is that in pursuing the kind of soap-y drama they're attuned to, they throw a lot of pairings against the wall. And occasionally they come up with one that just works and then they know to roll with it. It's happened with Cisco and Wells, very much so with Felicity (until it didn't really work anymore), and now Ray/Mick and Sarah/Snart. Great pairings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Fall CW Schedule announced and Legends of Tomorrow will be on Thursdays as usual and will be back in September/October. Also with Supergirl now on The CW they have said that there will be a mega crossover with all 4 DC shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was a very satisfying finale and the best episode of the season.
    It was a clever payoff that tied in nicely with earlier episodes.

A couple of really strong emotional scenes too (I defy you not to get a bit misty during the 2013 reunion). :o

Looks like there won't be a massive cast change for season 2 after all.

When I heard that Patrick J Adams was in the finale, I would have bet my house on him being Rip's adult son (somehow). Looks like I was wrong.

Mr E wrote: »
    That was a very satisfying finale and the best episode of the season.
    It was a clever payoff that tied in nicely with earlier episodes.

A couple of really strong emotional scenes too (I defy you not to get a bit misty during the 2013 reunion). :o

Looks like there won't be a massive cast change for season 2 after all.

When I heard that Patrick J Adams was in the finale, I would have bet my house on him being Rip's adult son (somehow). Looks like I was wrong.

Yeah was a great finale. Can't remember them going to 2013 do you mean when Sara and Quentin reunion in 2016 ?, which supposedly took place during this week's episode of Arrow.
    Yeah Patrick J Adams' role I didn't see coming. Just in case anybody doesn't know who he is supposed to be
    Rex Tyler is Hourman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No I meant Rory and Snart in the bar (there was a subtitle of 2013 at the start of the scene)

• Advertisement

No I meant Rory and Snart in the bar (there was a subtitle of 2013 at the start of the scene)

Ah didn't realize it was in 2013. makes sense what with him being dead. Didn't Wentworth Miller sign a deal with CW to appear in all DC shows, how will that work ? And was the soldier with the helmet supposed to be Sgt. Rock ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Incredibly contrived start but otherwise a very good episode. Glad the two love birds aren't back in season 2, Hawkman in particular was incredibly useless and boring.

I thought he was the son as well. Also, the JSA is the Earth 2 counter-part to the JLA isn't it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

An episode of two halves the first half was the typical Vadall Savage nonsense but after that I did like it and annoyingly I think they have me hooked with not only the JSA reveal but also removing The poor Hawk characters.

Yeah Miller won't be a cast regular on any on show but will appear randomly in all of them. Not sure how they will work that out what with his current dead status but in legends at least he can appear in scenes set in the past or if they meet themselves from Series 1 and unless anything big changes he could always appear in Supergirl no matter what as it's set on an alternative earth so he'd be an alternate Snart. Not sure about Arrow or Flash though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The set-up for Season 2 looks great, especially as they got rid of the Kendra and Carter (Greg Berlanti more or less admitted in an interview yesterday that they were the weakest links and that's why they're not back - he sugar coated it slightly, but that was the gist). Apparently
    Rex and two others will be joining the crew as series regulars[/spoilers].

As for Wentworth Miller, have we met Earth 2 Snart yet on Flash? Or maybe there's a Lenard Snart in Supergirl's Earth that could cross over - couple of possibilities to bring him back into the fold, because I do think they intend to use him a lot across the 4 shows. I'll miss the Sarah/Snart banter without him as part of the team, but I think Mick will definitely evolve more as a character without him around and Mick is easily my favourite character on Legends already. I just hope that the filming of Prison Break won't affect either Dominic Purcell or Wentworth Miller's future in Arrow-verse, but it seems for the moment they can juggle the two.

As for Wentworth Miller, have we met Earth 2 Snart yet on Flash? Or maybe there's a Lenard Snart in Supergirl's Earth that could cross over - couple of possibilities to bring him back into the fold, because I do think they intend to use him a lot across the 4 shows.

I think Snart is Mayor of Central City in Earth 2 from what I gathered from when they visited Earth 2 in Flash so they could have 2 versions of Captain Cold, the criminal in SuperGirl and a version of
    Citizen Cold from Flashpoint Paradox
    as the mayor of Earth 2. That is if they still intend to use Earth 2 in Flash in Season 3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ended on a high. Lots of timey-wimey stuff but also character moments - Sarah finding out about Laurel for example (and it looks like she jumped in exactly at the same time as this week's Arrow episode as Lance was monitoring the computers then too).
    The goodbye to Snart was well done and I'm happy enough to have Rory back.

Was anyone else worried when the Hawk twins appeared at the end? Delighted when they decided not to return - particularly Hawkman (Casper Crump was rubbish).

I don't know anything about the JSA beyond what's said here, but sounds interesting and opens up possibilities. S2 could well be stronger now if they learn from this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wren2893

It was a good end to the series. However, I'm really glad Hawkman and Hawkgirl are leaving the series and to finally see the back of Vandal Savage. They aren't bad characters but I never got much joy from watching them. I liked the interaction with others characters much more than the main storyline. They were just there to move the plot along for me. I think Hawkman and Hawkgirl will make good cameos in Arrow/Flash/LoT in the future though.

Sad to see Snart go. I would trade a couple of main characters to see him back but I look forward to seeing him elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Talking about Snart being in Supergirl made me realise being on CW opens up the possibility of alternate versions of the Arrowverse characters appearing.

Excellent finale. I just found it weird that the 1975 Savage seemed different from the other Savages. Noticed it in the 1975 episode as well. Was like he was just an alternate version of Savage meeting future Savage. Maybe he had just been living the suburban life too long.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Talking about Snart being in Supergirl made me realise being on CW opens up the possibility of alternate versions of the Arrowverse characters appearing.

I'd love to see Snart in Supergirl, mainly because it would just be weird.

I think the rule for the Arrowverse is one crossover a season but it would be fun if Oliver Queen were to have a business deal with Kat Grant as a small cameo for a minute or two in an episode. I'm hopeful that they might have Power Girl as cameo in one of the Earth 1 shows too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

The set-up for Season 2 looks great, especially as they got rid of the Kendra and Carter (Greg Berlanti more or less admitted in an interview yesterday that they were the weakest links and that's why they're not back - he sugar coated it slightly, but that was the gist). Apparently
    Rex and two others will be joining the crew as series regulars[/spoilers].

As for Wentworth Miller, have we met Earth 2 Snart yet on Flash? Or maybe there's a Lenard Snart in Supergirl's Earth that could cross over - couple of possibilities to bring him back into the fold, because I do think they intend to use him a lot across the 4 shows. I'll miss the Sarah/Snart banter without him as part of the team, but I think Mick will definitely evolve more as a character without him around and Mick is easily my favourite character on Legends already. I just hope that the filming of Prison Break won't affect either Dominic Purcell or Wentworth Miller's future in Arrow-verse, but it seems for the moment they can juggle the two.

Good ep, with 10m to spare, Thank fcuk the Mr+Mrs Hawk flew off, that was one of the most boring bits, as some baddies go, Savage wasnt memorable
    of the show. Who are the two? does that inc Rex Ryan!

Wasn't Snart & Rory there in earth 2 when Reverb died back then or was that someone else?

Btw when is Prison Break back, is Sarah Wayne Callies back too, since she's in Colony. It's mentioned he maybe in 4 shows, but how many shows can an actor be in, if they're not connected via a crossover, just wondered that:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nice ending, Suits boy coming in at the end was a nice touch as well. I've high hopes for CW doing the DC universes correctly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So who would you like to see rotate in for Season 2?

I'd really like Vixen and it'd be an obvious enough choice: The character is established (will have had 2 animated mini-seasons and an 'Arrow' episode), has an interesting power and from a producer's perspective fills in a demographic. I liked her on 'Arrow' and think she'd fit in very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ixoy wrote: »

I'd really like Vixen and it'd be an obvious enough choice: The character is established (will have had 2 animated mini-seasons and an 'Arrow' episode), has an interesting power and from a producer's perspective fills in a demographic. I liked her on 'Arrow' and think she'd fit in very well.

Oh yeah, didn't think of Vixen. Would love to see her on the team, and they need a couple more female characters too. Nyssa al Ghul would be another good one to have, even if her skillset is pretty much the same as Sara Lance, I'd love to see her interact and go on missions with Mick Rory or Martin Stein.

Would be good to have Jonah Hex back again at some point, maybe as a recurring character or something.

ixoy wrote: »

Vixen is a good idea. I could be wrong but I think the writers said she would be back at some point so it's a possibility.

There aren't many other characters that have already appeared in the Arrowverse that could go on to LoT that I can remember except for major characters. Maybe Pied Piper, since he's good now? Huntress seems to have disappeared and is also sort of a villian but I don't see her on the show even if she wan't.

I'd love to see Booster Gold because
    he's Rip's father in the comics
    but I think they have a movie planned for him.

The guy at the end of the finale is
    Hourman
    , maybe there'll be more characters related to his comic character next season.

They have released some details on the two new characters but neither seem to have been on any show in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I may end up eating my words but i'd love it if this happens... [possible Flash spoilers] Hourman shows up at the end and namedrops the J.S.A.
    One of the J.S.A.'s core members is Jay Garrick. The man in the iron mask turns out to be the real Jay Garrick as played by JWS.
    Cisco vibe's Earth-2's destruction,
    which will maroon Wells and Jessie Quick (a J.S.A. member herself) on Earth-1 permanently along with the real Jay. The latter two can then go on to season two of Legends in some capacity.
    If that were planned as character setup, it would be genius but considering how inconsistent Legends has been, i suspect not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

New character confirmed for S2
    Vixen as shown in Arrow will be a series regular in season two, apparently she is being considered the Hawkgirl replacement but she will not be played by the same actress that played her in Arrow. She is being re-cast because of the actresses commitments to another show and will instead be playing an alternative version of Vixen from the timeline.

Hard to know as it won't be the same actress but I approve and think she might suit Legends more than the other shows. Not sure if the spoiler was neccesary wither for a casting thing but meh you can choose to read or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

The session 3 Flash story line means CW might not need to include SuperGirl in a alternative Earth, they could bring her into Earth 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Vixen as shown in Arrow will be a series regular in season two, apparently she is being considered the Hawkgirl replacement but she will not be played by the same actress that played her in Arrow. She is being re-cast because of the actresses commitments to another show and will instead be playing an alternative version of Vixen from the timeline.

Hard to know as it won't be the same actress but I approve and think she might suit Legends more than the other shows. Not sure if the spoiler was neccesary wither for a casting thing but meh you can choose to read or not

That's a shame, really enjoyed who played that character originally on Arrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

The session 3 Flash story line means CW might not need to include SuperGirl in a alternative Earth, they could bring her into Earth 1.

I think it be better if Super Girl stays in her own world. What I've seen of the show it seems that superman been around for a bit and it's whole own world. I don't know how you bring that over to the Arrow/Flash/LOT world, you have to re-write the whole history of that world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looked her up and she's a regular on Damien which is now cancelled. So wonder if that could change things or if the deal is done. Of course being a Hawkgirl replacement probably isn't the best thing to boast about.

Now just need them to work Constantine in somehow.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looked her up and she's a regular on Damien which is now cancelled. So wonder if that could change things or if the deal is done. Of course being a Hawkgirl replacement probably isn't the best thing to boast about.

Now just need them to work Constantine in somehow.

She's actually working on a film at the moment called Step Sisters and she might have a few other film projects in the future so I'd say the deal is done. She will still be voicing her in the Vixen animated show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Season 2 premiers on CW, Thursday, October 13th.

David Ramsey (John Diggle) and Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer) were part of a Fan Favourite Panel at San Diego Comic Con and spoke a little about the Arrow-verse (mostly Arrow, but all shows got a mention so thought it worth posting this in all four threads)...

There will be a Legends of Tomorrow Panel taking place at SDCC today, so hopefully that will be uploaded and I'll post it here as soon as it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Season 2 trailer

Oh, everything is gonna get time travel type messy

Advertisement