Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

They got rid of The Time Lords, Vandal Savage and The Hawks from the story and then were met by a member of the Justice Society of America at the end of last season (Hourman). They are kinda rebooting it and the first episode is a 2 parter and hopefully after the 2nd part which is better than the first one (even though improvement is evident) and the stank of the first season will be cast off the show.

Well the first sentence is already a delight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Hey at least we don't have to hear "I used to be a barista" that is an improvement to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Actually think this show is really good. I know people praise The Flash for being "fun" but all you can really say is that its slightly less dour than Arrow. Legends is actually a fun, silly show. I like the stupid humour with Einstein being an old perv, and Sara's swagger as she's about to be put to death as a witch for corrupting the townswomen. Flash just basically has Cisco with the odd decent one-liner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Flash
    changes something in his past then changes it back again in a way that shouldn't have caused any long term effects, yet it did.
    But the Legends change a good bit, including changing the target on Einstein's back which should also change the event that they prevented before yet there are apparently no effects apart from appearing in drawings, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Flash
    changes something in his past then changes it back again in a way that shouldn't have caused any long term effects, yet it did.
    But the Legends change a good bit, including changing the target on Einstein's back which should also change the event that they prevented before yet there are apparently no effects apart from appearing in drawings, etc?

They're going back in time preventing events which never happened. Like Darhk in this episode. New York was never supposed to be blown up with a neucl.... atomic bomb. That's what they watch out for, and go and prevent it before it has a ripple effect (like in Flash).

• Advertisement

But they then went back and got Einstein to reveal his wife was involved so that she wouldnn't be Dahrk's target in the future which means they had no reason to go to 1942 to stop Dahrk, causing a paradox. But then we've also had things like the opening where they saved King Louis with future tech. All these things that could easily cause ripples. What did Flash do that created the current timeline? Spoilering this because Legends watchers mightn't be up with Flash.
    Flash went back, saved his mother and caused Flashpoint. He then went back and let his mother die. There was nothing done that should cause the timeline to go the way it has. I've already said this in The Flash thread, but like the New 52, I didn't understand how one event could have such a big effect on the universe in the way it did. Though that's being explained in the comics now.

I know this is the show that should involve the least amount of thinking of the Berlanti-verse, so I'm overthinking it. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I gave up on this show very early on in S1 cos it was a pile of shît. So far, good reviews of S2 so I might jump back in. Probably won't bother watching the rest of S1 to catch up. Anything I need to know going in to S2?

They are fairly good with the "Previously On..." bit so just jump straight in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

So Flash

Well, the reason Flash didn't return to the original Earth-1 after Flashpoint is because Reverse Flash messed with something (he says this to Flash when he's unconscious after bringing him back) or multiple things. Perhaps that's what we're seeing in LoT with him helping Darkh, and the Legends can only prevent some of the more major alterations (maybe they're out of the time vortex when the rest happened and forget them?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another fun episode they are getting the adventure/fun mix right so far this season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Said before I thought the 2nd of the 2 part opener would be better than the first and I'm glad to say it def was. That is what S1 should have been like and I hope they can keep it up like this.

Not saying it's the best show on TV or anything but it's good fun now and I enjoy watching it instead of wonder why im watching it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Eobard is bloody great slimy bastid type character you kind of want to see win as he is so awesome.

Long post full of major assumptions but Flash had Eobard locked up during Flashpoint from when he stopped him by going back and allowing him to do what he did it created the new time line paradoxically changing the present for Flash and his crew and the greater DC earth one universe, however it didn't change things for Harry and Jessie on Earth two.

I am again assuming like last season the waverider and the legends were also immune to these changes as like the vanishing point the waverider would be a stasis zone to outside interference as none of the legends have changed or been altered by flashpoint thus far.

They have crossed paths with Darkh but I assume he has not traveled back in time rather it is his youth/lack of aging is from his dip in the Lazarus Pit. Eobard is the paradox here though, he is the effect of Flashpoint in the show so far but as he is yet to be seen or encountered by the legends he is the unknown threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Long post full of major assumptions but Flash had Eobard locked up during Flashpoint from when he stopped him by going back and allowing him to do what he did it created the new time line paradoxically changing the present for Flash and his crew and the greater DC earth one universe, however it didn't change things for Harry and Jessie on Earth two.

I am again assuming like last season the waverider and the legends were also immune to these changes as like the vanishing point the waverider would be a stasis zone to outside interference as none of the legends have changed or been altered by flashpoint thus far.

They have crossed paths with Darkh but I assume he has not traveled back in time rather it is his youth/lack of aging is from his dip in the Lazarus Pit. Eobard is the paradox here though, he is the effect of Flashpoint in the show so far but as he is yet to be seen or encountered by the legends he is the unknown threat.

When they do eventually cross paths, wouldn't Rip know/or at least be aware of who Eobard is as Eobard under the guise of Harrison Wells mentioned Rip (or was that just a easter egg/nod) in The Flash Season 1 finale..

Not sure as who knows what has changed in the grand scheme if things here I think it will be a while before they cross paths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

Loved the BTTF nod from Stein

"Key of A, watch me for the changes and try to keep up :D

Cool seeing Victor Garber singing again. I used to watch Eli Stone and really enjoyed it.

Cool seeing Victor Garber singing again. I used to watch Eli Stone and really enjoyed it.

If they do the musical episode of the Flash they were talking about it would be great to see him and Jesse L doing a duet both being Broadway stars

This for me has now moved from the weakest of the CW DC shows to the strongest and the one I look forward to watching each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

How is it that the clothes of the heroes stay intact even though they've been at the centre of an explosion, surrounded by charred corpses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Monotype wrote: »
    How is it that the clothes of the heroes stay intact even though they've been at the centre of an explosion, surrounded by charred corpses?

In the future clothes are made off special molecule fabric that's repairs itself when damaged and alters it shape to fit the wearer.

• Advertisement

CW’s ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Gets Additional Order, Bringing Season 2 to 17 Episodes

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-episode-order-1201914313/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Liked that episode. Here's the song they were singing:

Follow the Drinkin' Gourd
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follow_the_Drinkin%27_Gourd
    "Follow the Drinking Gourd" is an American folk song first published in 1928. The Drinking Gourd is another name for the Big Dipper asterism. Folklore has it that fugitive slaves in the United States used it as a point of reference so they would not get lost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I wonder will LOT next week with end with everyone to hear about the message and that is why they are back for the crossover. Will all shows have a nod to it it them somewhere for there episode before

Well it's a good job they were once again really careful and didn't do anything that could possibly mess up the timeline.

The most secure building in the world isn't very secure, when they can just bring weapons in. Don't know where Ray and Mick hid their guns. And a day after that attack the gala went ahead with no one recognising any of the culprits.

Were carbs a thing that people cared about back then?

Did Firestorm transmute bullets?

Was that the mobius chair Darhk got into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was that the mobius chair Darhk got into?

It was the time pod that Thawne used at end of flash season one to go back to his timeline. I doubt we will ever get Metron and the other new gods on DC TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

80s Music!
    Top Gun Theme Song!
    Bishop from Aliens!!!!

Brilliant!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It was the time pod that Thawne *used at end of flash season one to go back to his timeline. I doubt we will ever get Metron and the other new gods on DC TV.

*Tried to use until Barry scuppered his plans..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    *Tried to use until Barry scuppered his plans..

Along with Eddie

• Advertisement

Will move to Tuesdays on January 24th

Advertisement