Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

http://tvline.com/2017/12/08/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-return-date-supergirl-time-slot-mondays/

Black lightning is taking over Legends of Tomorrow’s slot
    Legends of Tomorrow will move to Supergirl’s slot on February 12 and will finish up on April 9th.

Supergirl returns on January 15th and then is back on April 16th with finale on June 18th.

List of dates

Monday, Jan. 15: Supergirl resumes Season 3
    Tuesday, Jan. 16: Black Lighting premieres, in Legends time slot
    Monday, Feb. 12: Legends resumes Season 3, in Supergirl‘s time slot
    Monday, April 9: Legends Season 3 finale
    Monday, April 16: Supergirl re-resumes Season 3
    Monday, June 18: Supergirl Season 3 finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I watch watching an episode of Scorpion last night and I imdb'd the guest star and low and behold she is the voice of Gideon.

Amy Louise Pemberton
    MV5BMGNjNmEzY2ItNTI4Ni00MThmLTg2YzItNGRhMTc2MTczNGY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ1NDkyNjk@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
    MV5BM2U3Nzg5ZDktNzkwMi00OTBkLTllMTYtODE2ZGM3ZGY4NWM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ1NDkyNjk@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,649,1000_AL_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I watch watching an episode of Scorpion last night and I imdb'd the guest star and low and behold she is the voice of Gideon.

She was great in Rip's dream episode where she took physical form.

Matt Ryan's Constantine amazing and really deserves a second chance at a series (not a cartoon) or at the very least he needs to join the Legends full time.

Mick again with the great one liners "His girlfriends a guy"

I hope this isn't the last we see of Wentworth Miller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yeah needs more Leo, Darhk is so good too am hoping he gets more than a few seconds of screen time in the next few episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Matt Ryan's Constantine amazing and really deserves a second chance at a series (not a cartoon) or at the very least he needs to join the Legends full time.

Mick again with the great one liners "His girlfriends a guy"

I hope this isn't the last we see of Wentworth Miller.

I say they do not know who will have as a regular for season 4 as I feel Wally will not be it. So they are keeping they do open with how Leo and Constantine left.

For some reason the little girl been
    Darhks daughter
    through me and then I remembered the episode title.

I also did not think the exorcism scene would be as graphic as such or the scene with Sara and Constantine would be as rough. Need to get out of my Flash mindset.

Micks orders and Leo's I hope that is not why I nearly got a lobatomy line were great.

I sat Mollusc could be
    Darhk or Rip?
    I know some say
    Agent Hot Pants
    but can't see it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Strong episode to return, Constantine is a great character, I was surprised they showed him smoking, I thought that was banned from TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I always find it annoying when they have Neal McDonagh's name in the opening credits when he doesn't appear until late on in the episode. It's like saying at the very start that if he's not there in the first 10 mins then he will be the reason the Legends fail. Same with any actor like that and not just on Legends. If you know the name you're still waiting for them appear with 5 minutes to go.
    Like in this episode, they were getting through to Nora, but then remembered that Dahrk still had to appear so knew he would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fantastic episode this week. I love a good time loop. And a good way to get to know Zari a bit better.

Mick again stealing the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Clareman wrote: »
    Strong episode to return, Constantine is a great character, I was surprised they showed him smoking, I thought that was banned from TV

Check out his stand alone series. He smokes up a storm.

Good to see the makers read boards and saw my comment about putting guest stars in the opening credits, instead saving them for the end. :)

Yeah, I like time loop episodes like Data in TNG and O'Neill and Teal'c in SG1.

And wouldn't say no to more physical Gideon, or even another episode around her in either form

Poor Gary :( No one takes him serious

loved the end of Micks story he is a great actor to keep the seriousness so much but the can't get that song out of his head side joke had me laughing to myself all day today.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hilarious episode. The fact that they had a knowing wink to it by referencing "Groundhog Day" and Ray countering with "Cause and Effect", Nate being surprised they hadn't done one yet, the comedy montage include the brilliant cue cards.. And yet time still for good character building moments and really a great job of integrating Zara.

Legends continues to do a great job of showing how to get the balance of fun and drama correct.

ixoy wrote: »
    I wonder will Wally replace him? He talks about how he feels a bit of an outsider, left out in Team Flash and the Legends are basically a team of outsiders and misfits.
    Ohh have I called this one correctly!

Expected more ABBA references after the obvious Waterloo references and the Mamma Mia line

Great episode. Full of everything I've come to expect from Legends; humour, fun, pop culture references, but also some good character moments.

Have to say though, they could have picked a better way to introduce Wally into the show. He's a speedster who Rip needs to help save the world, and they introduce him by having him meditating in a temple? Just seemed like a really weak intro considering what we already know about him from The Flash (and even his brief appearance at the start of this season).

Penn wrote: »
    Great episode. Full of everything I've come to expect from Legends; humour, fun, pop culture references, but also some good character moments.

Have to say though, they could have picked a better way to introduce Wally into the show. He's a speedster who Rip needs to help save the world, and they introduce him by having him meditating in a temple? Just seemed like a really weak intro considering what we already know about him from The Flash (and even his brief appearance at the start of this season).

Wally's issue was always about his inability to slow down and assess something. He was too immature and caused problems because of it, look at how he even got his powers.
    Having him take time to meditate, clear his head and learn to think before acting is a good thing.

Now make him a bit less whiney and more witty (like animated wally) and I will be happy, even if I dislike tge habit of removing the redhead characters like Hawkgirl and the Wests (Joe is great though)

Ha! Be funny to hear that campaign. Lack of diversity in hair colour. Justice for Redheads!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ha! Be funny to hear that campaign. Lack of diversity in hair colour. Justice for Redheads!

Black widow is blonde now and same with Karen Paige, MJ dark haired, Wally is black. Pepper Potts is last one standing

Wally's issue was always about his inability to slow down and assess something. He was too immature and caused problems because of it, look at how he even got his powers.
    Having him take time to meditate, clear his head and learn to think before acting is a good thing.

Yeah, I just would have preferred they did it within the show, or showed that he learned all that before his introduction in this episode. It just made his appearance feel really limp and unexciting.

• Advertisement

Black widow is blonde now and same with Karen Paige, MJ dark haired, Wally is black. Pepper Potts is last one standing

Recasting Ivy with a brunette in Gotham as well. I was gonna say another superhero show but it would be a spoiler for the show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

But they made Lois Lane a redhead!

But they made Lois Lane a redhead!

True but it IS Amy Adams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yerone from Will and Grace was on Graham Norton a few weeks back and she explained that in American TV shows red hair=comedian thanks to I Love Lucy and someone else I can't remember. It was a Friday night and I had a hard week so alcohol had been consumed watching it.

Clareman wrote: »
    Yerone from Will and Grace was on Graham Norton a few weeks back and she explained that in American TV shows red hair=comedian thanks to I Love Lucy and someone else I can't remember. It was a Friday night and I had a hard week so alcohol had been consumed watching it.

It's also that audiences were not used to seeing it on monochrome TV sets.

Over represented in comics as artists could make it a feature of the character to pop off the panel.

Just something which I've noticed in the past 2-3 years as a trend

Still have Jean Gray.
    Though natural redheaded heroines are scarce.

There are two characters called Wally West the black one and the red haired one both are named after a grandad.

There are two characters called Wally West the black one and the red haired one both are named after a grandad.

And Iris?

Once again it's Mick.
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Poor poor Gary if he's not the villain next season I am shocked. Music once again provides such an integral comedic part of this show, neither can sing for his life, way off key, very funny. That was some serious Poison Ivy ode going on too.

Advertisement