Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

Penn wrote: »
    The show has always had supernatural elements to it as well as sci-fi / time travel. The entire plot of the first season was about the recurrent reincarnation of ancient Egyptians. Not to mention Vixen's powers are supernatural too rather than science-based, and Damien Darhk's as well.

I don't think the odd episode based around supernatural-type stories rather than just sci-fi / time travel all the time is a bad thing. Helps keep the show fresh. And Buffy occasionally strayed into sci-fi stories too.

Buffy's season 4 was all about bringing scifi into the fantasy element

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Buffy's season 4 was all about bringing sci-fi into the fantasy element

Absolutely. Even back in Season 2 there was an episode where Buffy's mother starts dating a guy who turns out to be a robot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

RIP
    Axl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A sad spoiler from last night's episode
    R.I.P Axl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Frakkin brutal episode though. Worst so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Blazer wrote: »
    Frakkin brutal episode though. Worst so far.

I enjoyed it was it the best no nor top 10 but certainly not the worst episode

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It was a meh episode, nothing really happened but they got another totem and showed their power and how they interact with other totems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Matt Ryan (Constantine) will be a series regular in season 4 if the show gets renewed.
    http://tvline.com/2018/03/19/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-matt-ryan-series-regular-constantine/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Great news good addition to the ship

Wally is only for this season right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No more magic next season was what I was hoping for it has had its time.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wally is only for this season right?

So far ya with Constantine been confirmed above &
    Jax returning for the last 1 or 2 episodes of this season you would think he is also returning

If we dont get a Season 5 we must get a Legends of Mick ~ Season 1 announced :D

I was expecting Snart to pop up and Mick to blast him dragon ball z style. I'm thinking now Constantine and Sara equals Ava, which would be nasty. :D

I was expecting Snart to pop up and Mick to blast him dragon ball z style. I'm thinking now Constantine and Sara equals Ava, which would be nasty. :D

Oedipus eat your heart out.

Surely Rip would have told her rather than just delete a file Gideon had about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

pjohnson wrote: »
    If we dont get a Season 5 we must get a Legends of Mick ~ Season 1 announced :D

Mick and Constantine the time travel tales!!!

Penn wrote: »
    Surely Rip would have told her rather than just delete a file Gideon had about it

I am making a wild guess with this but here goes, DC seem to have one strict rule time is set, past present and future are already determined any actions made whether inadvertently or otherwise that alters things will result in extreme alternatives and irreversible paradoxes, Barry and Flashpoint changed the gender of John Diggles baby, if Sara and Constantine are Avas parents or Grandparents even though Sara and Ava have met multiple times before Sara and Constantine did what they did Ava is from the future so the events that lead to her birth or her parents birth through Sara and Constantine are a predetermined event that will take place bizarrely in 1969 but with Sara travelling back to the future (present) she and the baby she may now be carrying are shielded temporarily so no aging will take place for either even though they have travelled nearly 50 years from 1969 to 2018. If Rip discloses any of this to either Ava or Sara he would create a time apperation so by deleting the file he is choosing to protect the status quo.

tldr: my crazy theory explained.

I am making a wild guess with this but here goes, DC seem to have one strict rule time is set, past present and future are already determined any actions made whether inadvertently or otherwise that alters things will result in extreme alternatives and irreversible paradoxes, Barry and Flashpoint changed the gender of John Diggles baby, if Sara and Constantine are Avas parents or Grandparents even though Sara and Ava have met multiple times before Sara and Constantine did what they did Ava is from the future so the events that lead to her birth or her parents birth through Sara and Constantine are a predetermined event that will take place bizarrely in 1969 but with Sara travelling back to the future (present) she and the baby she may now be carrying are shielded temporarily so no aging will take place for either even though they have travelled nearly 50 years from 1969 to 2018. If Rip discloses any of this to either Ava or Sara he would create a time apperation so by deleting the file he is choosing to protect the status quo.

tldr: my crazy theory explained.

I was thinking more about the incest-ness of it all in a DC superhero show. I know it's not unusual in time travel shows for someone to meet their young parents/grandparent and either kiss them or almost sleep with them for comedic effect, but they're going full on relationship with Ava and Sara. I don't think they'd have done that if the big reveal is they're mother and daughter. So if it had turned out Rip knew, I think they would have had Rip tell them at that point (before anything major happened between them), rather than show him delete some file about Ava's history.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I thought it more Rip was deleting the file more so for his own interests than that Ava was related to Sara. I'm guessing she is related to Rip and is possibly a time anachronism and if the Legends have to remove all of the anachronisms as part of stopping Mallas then he wants to hide the fact Ava is one from Sara or else he risks losing her.

• Advertisement

The first thought is that they're related? The feck wrong with you all???

I'm nasties ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Nate and Darkh's interactions were definitely the highlight of that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nate and Darkh's interactions were definitely the highlight of that one!

Definitely.
    Neal is a fantastic actor. If he wasn’t a religious nutcase he’d be way way bigger.
    I feel sorry for Brandon Routh, his character has been awful the past season and only seems to be there for ridicule

Ray's joke second worst...

Hahahaha

The 1 bit I picked up from this episode is do nor call Zari a b$%ch. Darkh is great I have a feel something was cut with Amaya and getting control of the totem as it was very quick. They are making it obvious she is leaving at the end of the series

The 1 bit I picked up from this episode is do nor call Zari a b$%ch. Darkh is great I have a feel something was cut with Amaya and getting control of the totem as it was very quick. They are making it obvious she is leaving at the end of the series
    I loved the music and zoom on Zari when that happened :D

We have our anti hero in Mick but damn if Darkh wouldn't be great in that role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Episode title Guest Starring John Noble..... Awesome awesome awesome John Noble.

• Advertisement

Advertisement