Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I knew the title of the episode was "The Good, The Bad, and the Cuddly" and said to myself that Jonah Hex and Beebo will probably make an appearance. By the time it got around to the big showdown with Mallus though, I had forgotten all about Beebo again and was pleasantly surprised... No other show could get away with this stuff...

That whole thing was one of the f*cking ballsiest, bravest, and funniest things I've seen on telly in years. To spend the guts of 17 episodes leading up to this world-ending threat of Mallus, and THAT'S the big showdown they go for?

Bravo! It's so utterly, utterly genius, and like you said, no other show could get away with it.

By far the best Arrowverse show this year. There's nothing any of the rest of them could possibly do to top that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

pjohnson wrote: »
    I really hope Gary keeps recurring next year.
    I liked Gary first :p Good side character hope he gets a bigger role next time round.

Well if they ever need a non threatening
    John Constantine
    decoy :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,060 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well if they ever need a non threatening
    John Constantine
    decoy :pac::pac:

I fell for it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's been a long time since Beebo has been relevant. :)

Clearly their Stay Puft moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Mick is hilarious.Great show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

CastorTroy wrote: »

I can't believe I would ever say this but I hope Beebo is back in some way if as of a running gag.

Also nice send off for Jax I was wondering which way it would go him back or him gone.

I wounder will Nora be back next season

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Possibly the greatest finale fight scene of all time? Battle of the Bastards - pah, move over and embrace Bebo! He loves you!

Great finale - lots of call backs, humour (stupid hawk flying-chicken people), character moments and a hook for next season.

And it's not just me but isn't Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally) approximately 50 million times better in this than "The Flash"? It suits him a lot more.
    As an aside, just came back from "Love, Simon" which features Keiynan Lonsdale and a lovely funny sweet film. It's direct by Greg "Move your head" Berlanti.

I still loose my shít with the almost constant giggling throughout the last battle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I still loose my shít with the almost constant giggling throughout the last battle!

Plus the heart-shaped explosion at the end :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

CastorTroy wrote: »

Who you gonna call?!!

LOT!

Was thinking the same, with Nat actually apologising for thinking about him similar to Ray in GB's :pac:

Anyway, finished watching it last night binged watched the last 25 or so episodes in the last fortnight. Very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season 4 plot

After defeating the demon Mallus by cuddling him to death with a giant stuffed animal named Beebo, the Legends are ready to ease off the gas. Sara (Caity Lotz) and her team join Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan) and the Time Bureau to help clean up the last few remaining anachronisms. The job seems straightforward enough until Constantine (Matt Ryan) arrives to inform them that, in solving one major problem, they have created another, much larger one. When the Legends let time crumble in order to release and defeat Mallus, the barrier between worlds softened. History is now infected with “Fugitives” – magical creatures from myths, fairytales, and legends. Having been expelled throughout time by people like Constantine, these Fugitives are now returning to our world in droves and making a real mess of things. As the Time Bureau is distrustful of and ill-equipped to deal with magic, the Legends must team up with everyone’s favorite demonologist to set history back on track.

Sara and Constantine are joined by compassionate inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), hotheaded ex-con Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell), rebellious totem-bearer Zari (Tala Ashe), and heartbroken historian-turned-superhero Nate (Nick Zano) as they set out to save the world – and their legacy. It’s the familiar fun of the Legends time-travelling across historical events and encountering famous figures with an added shot of magical craziness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ominous looking Gary then they ruin him again :(

HA,
    the guitarist who ever lived bumped past
    Mick :D,

Casting Spoiler
    Masie Richardson will not be Amaya next year but a new British character "Charlie"

Casting Spoiler
    Masie Richardson will not be Amaya next year but a new British character "Charlie"

Prediction:
    Nate and Charlie to somehow end up together before season's end.

Damn you Eoin. When I saw a post I thought it had came back last night!

• Advertisement

Damn you Eoin. When I saw a post I thought it had came back last night!
    Just one more week. I use TVshowtime app to track when shows are out, it's handy if you watch a lot of shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That looks like great fun. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It does and Constantine should add some bite to it and a good foil to the humour, or should that be the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A good opening episode.

Unicorn :)

Mick loves Axl.

And I just found out Ray/Brandon and Nora/Courtney have been married for the last 12 years.

Gary is great.

But the stand out and it looks like the season will be his is Constantine from that ending.

There really is so much to like about this show compared to the rest of the Arrowverse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

All hail Biff Tannen

Wally write out was sad

Gary poor poor Gary :D

Great start it's gonna be fun

Ray's not so subtle comments about ratings and Supernatural.

Was disappointed when Ray and Nate were hugging that we didn't see Biff and a giant rat hugging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Love how in the first 5 minutes it took so many pot shots at itself

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

"The unicorn has already gored two hippies!" What other show could use that line?

What was with that test for a witch? Everyone knows you test for a witch by seeing if she weighs the same as a duck.

• Advertisement

How could John not know about the ball kick paradox? Everyone knows that.

As good as it is to see Maisie again, a shape changer would be handy on the team.

I wonder do they ever groan when Sara makes one of her "Squad save the queen" type puns

Advertisement