Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My lord there was some amount of extra mature cheddar in that episode. Bad start to the episode, but picked up slightly at the end. Don't know if this show will get better, but if it continues the way it is, it won't get a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Thought that was the best episode so far, wisely starting to slow down a bit and separate the team into different pairings. I don't why people assume if they don't like a show it wont get renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Is Hawkman gone from this now or will he be reincarnated or picked up from another timeline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Skerries wrote: »
    Is Hawkman gone from this now or will he be reincarnated or picked up from another timeline?

Kinda hoping for the former but since timetravel is pretty core to the whole show they'll probably just grab him again somewhere along the (time)line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sara did well to fight in that dress, though it's a good job that all those guys she killed don't have an impact on the timeline

So why doesn't Rip just decapitate Vandal? Would he grow a new body? Or why not bring him back to the ship while he's out and have Kendra kill him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sara did well to fight in that dress, though it's a good job that all those guys she killed don't have an impact on the timeline

So why doesn't Rip just decapitate Vandal? Would he grow a new body? Or why not bring him back to the ship while he's out and have Kendra kill him?

total agree. I don't get how Savage powers work. This is twice now his been killed (flash/arrow crossover). I stoped watching Arrow so no idea how he came back from the cross over. But this is twice we seen the big bad being killed. It doesn't really help his rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

total agree. I don't get how Savage powers work. This is twice now his been killed (flash/arrow crossover). I stoped watching Arrow so no idea how he came back from the cross over. But this is twice we seen the big bad being killed. It doesn't really help his rep.

We only saw Merlyn collecting some of his ashes, not the actual re-embodying of Vandal.

Of course all Rip has to do is go to that point in time, buy a cheap hover and call it a day. Wouldn't make for very entertaining tv though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

I'm wanting to love this show but it's just not happening

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    Thought that was the best episode so far, wisely starting to slow down a bit and separate the team into different pairings.
    I agree with this. The pairings were better too: Professor and Palmer have good chemistry for example (helped by the fact they're among the strongest actors in the show).
    Snart even had a moment to act a bit normal in his interaction with his earlier self.
    Savage was a bit more of a villain this time and yes, you can wonder why they don't just try X to kill him but then it's something you'll often end up wondering about any super-powered creature in all shows.
    I don't why people assume if they don't like a show it wont get renewed.
    Happens all the time with shows that people don't like. I mean on that basis I'm not sure how 'The Walking Dead' got renewed but my opinion is just the one!
    Ratings wise, yes it's slipped a little but still doing grand for the CW. We'll get a better picture of its performance after a few weeks and see where it steadies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The CW seems very reluctant to cancel shows nad a show linked to the Flash and arrow is probably doubly safe. I agree that Savage is not a great villain. Perhaps they should have included Darkh as their main villain as he is immortal and has the League of Assassins as his back story. Darvill was much better this episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I like the way the characters interact with each other but this show is in need of some serious plot tightening. Twice now Savage was essentially beaten by the team. The first time they knocked him out/down and then just wandered off and let the Hawks go in alone so Carter could get killed.

Having Savage out for the count again in episode 3 and they just wander off and leave him...again! I know Kendra wasn't around to knife him but surely when he was incapacitated they could do something, take him prisoner, tie a big rock to him and drop him into the ocean, strand him on the moon!

I loved the stuff with Captain Cold this week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can't remember if it was in LoT or Flash/Arrow crossover but they said Savage can be brought back to life even from just a single cell.

I guess what trying to say I don't think it great for the bad guy to be killed twice so early on and with out much effort. Think in Buffy if they killed the Mayor pretty easy and he can back right away and wasn't any more powerful he would lose his aura as a big bad. I think given Savage M.O. someone like him would have goons and super villains to get in the way of team Rip leading to the big final fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Episode 4 played on Sunday in Canada so is available for viewing.
    I was a bit mixed on the episode. some good parts and some bad parts.

Yeah just watched it now. I'm still little confused.
    Savage is now changing the timeline because of meeting the Legends? His making his own Fire storm and that didn't happen in the normal timeline?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Savage gets stronger each time he kills Hawkman / Hawkgirl right? So maybe he'll get to repeatedly kill the irritating re-incarnating Hawkman douche. Savage becomes more of a threat and we don't have to see much of Hawkman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That 4th ep was the best one they've done so far. The Sarah/Kendra stuff was clichéd and very afterschool special but the rest of it with Stein and the others getting captured was quite good I thought.

It's growing on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Kirby wrote: »
    That 4th ep was the best one they've done so far. The Sarah/Kendra stuff was clichéd and very afterschool special but the rest of it with Stein and the others getting captured was quite good I thought.

It's growing on me.

Now that trap was so obvious.

I think one more episode to make up my mind if I watch this comedy over CSI:Cyber, my favorite comedy at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finding its feet now, I think.
    That was the best episode yet, and next week has the potential to top it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

I am planning on what a new TV series and was going to chose Legends of Tomorrow. I have never seen Arrow or Flash - I assume that there is no need to have seen them to start on this, or would anyone recommend I start on one of those series first /instead.

If only i have enough time for them all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

'This isn't my first prison break!' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, great line. :)

marcus2000 wrote: »
    I am planning on what a new TV series and was going to chose Legends of Tomorrow. I have never seen Arrow or Flash - I assume that there is no need to have seen them to start on this, or would anyone recommend I start on one of those series first /instead.

If only i have enough time for them all!!!

You don't *really* need to have watched any of the Arrow-verse shows, however I would recommend the two part crossover 'Legends of Yesterday' (technically an Arrow episode) and 'Legends of Today' (technically a Flash episode) which introduces most of the team for the first time, and Vandal Savage (the antagonist of the show). There's also quite a few Sara Lance/Black/White Canary episodes in Arrow's past that would be good to watch (especially to understand what's going on with her having been resurrected from death), and a few Ray Palmer moments from Arrow season 3. Then there's Firestorm's backstory (both the Ronnie+Stein and Stein+Jax parts), as well as Snart and Mick Rory's from The Flash. Rip Hunter was basically introduced with the show, and the Hawkpeople were just introduced in the crossover episodes mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

MJohnston wrote: »
    You don't *really* need to have watched any of the Arrow-verse shows.

from the rest of what you said, it would look like I probably *really* should watch them all....And if it's any good, I probably would have anyway..... Id like to go in chronological order, if that's possibly, what with the crossover episodes.....so which series do i watch first? Actually, I'm sure I can figure that out from google. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

marcus2000 wrote: »
    from the rest of what you said, it would look like I probably *really* should watch them all....And if it's any good, I probably would have anyway..... Id like to go in chronological order, if that's possibly, what with the crossover episodes.....so which series do i watch first? Actually, I'm sure I can figure that out from google. Thanks :)

Arrow Seasons 1 & 2 are first.
    The Flash then started at the same time as Arrow Season 3. You could go one episode of The Flash S1, one episode of Arrow S3, but you're better off just watching The Flash S1 the whole way through, and same with Arrow.

Proper suggestion:
    Arrow Season 1
    Arrow Season 2
    The Flash Season 1
    Arrow Season 3
    The Flash Season 2 (up to Legends of Today)
    Arrow Season 4 (up to Legends of Yesterday)
    Legends of Tomorrow

By that point, Flash S2 and Arrow S4 should be finished, so you can watch the rest of them and be all caught up.

But, my own suggestion would be to only watch The Flash up to Legends of Today, then watch that one Arrow episode Legends of Yesterday, and then watch Legends of Tomorrow. After that, go back and start Arrow from the beginning.

I enjoyed this one the most so far. Until we got till
    them killing Savage again. Can't wait for that big fight at the end
    the ending is what I always wanted this show to be. Seeing different takes/timelines inside the DC universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just caught up on the first 5 episodes. Enjoying it so far. I never warmed to Mick Rory on The Flash and only started somewhat liking Leonard Snart this season, but I've actually really enjoyed them both in this. Yeah, Miller and Purcell are really hamming it up, but it kinda works and we're seeing a different side to both characters, and Heatwave/Mick Rory really is the surprise for me of this show, he's working well with his interactions with all the other characters.

Really looking forward to Episode 6 this week.

I never warmed to Mick Rory

Sounds like something he'd say!

Again though with Savage cornered 2 on 1 could Rip not have shot him in the knee and Kendra kill him

• Advertisement

Again though with Savage cornered 2 on 1 could Rip not have shot him in the knee and Kendra kill him

Then what would they do for the remaining episodes????

Advertisement