Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

Then what would they do for the remaining episodes????

I know but they've had him at their mercy several times now FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

One-armed, old-aged Oliver Queen was a nice way of bringing Arrow into it, without plucking present day Oliver from 2016 to join them for a mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

marcus2000 wrote: »
    I am planning on what a new TV series and was going to chose Legends of Tomorrow. I have never seen Arrow or Flash - I assume that there is no need to have seen them to start on this, or would anyone recommend I start on one of those series first /instead.

If only i have enough time for them all!!!

They're really enjoyable with Arrow being slightly more of a "mature" watch (lot of killing).

When you get to season 3 of arrow, you then have to watch Flash, but watch them in the order of Flash E1 - Arrow E1, Flash E2 - Arrow E2 etc, because flash airs on a Tuesday & Arrow on a Wednesday & there's almost always mention of something that happens or is about to happen in the other's city which works in the flow of the air date.

To make matters worse, there's also Vixen - Animated * & features both Arrow & Flash), but they've just made her into a real life character with an episode of Arrow & Constantine which was cancelled after season one but has made an appearance & has been mentioned several times in Arrow, so may get resurrected (pardon the pun).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

marcus2000 wrote: »
    I am planning on what a new TV series and was going to chose Legends of Tomorrow. I have never seen Arrow or Flash - I assume that there is no need to have seen them to start on this, or would anyone recommend I start on one of those series first /instead.

If only i have enough time for them all!!!

There's a recommended viewing order that doesn't necessarily go by air-dates, but allows for the best flow.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074499769/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I thought it was a very weak episode this week, but I'm not a fan of the Green Arrow so people may disagree with me on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I thought it was the best so far. No boring Savage and the start of the break up between Heatwave & Cap Cold?. I loved all the Arrow stuff. The story on the ship with them trying to ask Kendra out wasn't great. As said before much prefer if this was the show. Going through time-lines fixing things like Quantum Leap/Sliders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Is it me or did Sarah look better as the black canary in Arrow?
    Maybe it was the make up or maybe it was the black I just find her not as attractive in legends of tomorrow.

opinions on a postcard to the usual address

/Ends sexist post and offers apologies for being a sexist man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

crazyderk wrote: »
    Maybe it was the make up or maybe it was the black I just find her not as attractive in legends of tomorrow.

opinions on a postcard to the usual address

/Ends sexist post and offers apologies for being a sexist man

The only time i liked her was when she was dead. Could never warm to her, and this whole Canary thing (with all the Canaries, not just Sara) is a terrible "hero" in my opinion. She can fight and scream... Yah...

And she has a stupid face. She never stood a chance on Arrow, as Felicity is 600,000 times better looking, and is a better character overall. In this, well, Hawkgirl is hotter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah she looked better in Arrow, though at times her corset did distract from her face, which was usually masked

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

crazyderk wrote: »

Think its a combination of factors - the black outfit looked way better than this off white one and the greasy slicked back hair she has sometimes looks awful.

• Advertisement

You mean the Dirt Grey Canary?

Really enjoyed this weeks episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Aside from the laughably bad "time pirate" sh*te, I enjoyed that episode. The conflict between Heatwave and the rest of the team played out well, and the ending was fairly solid. Hopefully they don't chicken out of it.

I'm still on the fence, although the more I'm on the fence, the more likely I am to see the season out...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I *really* enjoyed that episode, some really nice character stuff (Ray-Kendra aside), but more importantly it was the kind of silly fun spaceship sci-fi that hasn't really been on TV since Stargate SG1 end. They should do more space based stuff in this.

The only thing I enjoyed was the Heatwave/Cold story. Everything else felt flat. There were too many pop culture references at the start. The flashbacks to Hunter and his wife didn't work for me, Hunter and his wife had no passion between them. I'm sure it will be explain but confused to how Hunter has a wife and child if there are banned by the time lords..I mean masters. Hawkwomen/Atom romance feels so forced. Didn't she just lose her great love Hawkman like a few weeks ago? I will still watch it but were going back to the 1950's next week. We already been in the 60/70's. I know this a somewhat low budget show but come on. Savage seems to like to hang around the cheapest time periods.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

For a bunch of Heroes they seemed to decide on killing Mick (assuming they did in fact kill him, don't think they did personally) very quickly. Probably for the best though because although I did sometimes enjoy his & colds overly hammy acting He was probably the character they could develop the least going forward and like when they shed Hawkman the show as a whole could be a lot better as a result.

tbh I'm not a fan of Hawkgirl either but her being the only one who can kill Savage for good means she is not going anywhere fast.

I guess it makes sense them going back further in time but not too far as 50s Vandal would not be anticipating them as he does not first encounter them till the 60s/70s. If it does not work out when they go to the 50s you would then expect them to once again go back further but perhaps not too far again for the same reasons.

Speaking of hero's killing. I though stein was going to save that guy in the air lock instead he pushed him out. Hunter has such a hard time killing Savage (The men who killed his wife and kids) just a few weeks ago but got through those goons no problem. I guess it doesn't count if there just hired goons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I don't know about this show yet. It's just a little hokey. The fight scenes are so fake and you can see how they are choreographed. Franz Drameh is hopeless, he just churns out his lines. When the WaveRunner is damaged you see a few pillars of white smoke dotted around the bridge...
    I'm not sure why I still watch it, because it's like a B movie on the SyFy channel.

Arrow is going the same way. Their fight scenes are getting hokey too. Just too many characters maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Really wanted to love this show but there is no heart to it, Im not really rooting for anyone, storylines are v forced and dont flow as well as arrow or flash, I know they've been round for longer but apart from the savage thing and the time master/lord (which is v annoying) Im hoping they put this show to bed after this series and work the characters back into the other two shows when needed....

Everything just seems far too rushed...

• Advertisement

Speaking of hero's killing. I though stein was going to save that guy in the air lock instead he pushed him out. Hunter has such a hard time killing Savage (The men who killed his wife and kids) just a few weeks ago but got through those goons no problem. I guess it doesn't count if there just hired goons.

ea0f25647710716cedf5a812ae7397d4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So when was the last time Snart's gun actually froze someone and wasn't just a stun gun?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So when was the last time Snart's gun actually froze someone and wasn't just a stun gun?

Only when it hits the Flash it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »

Maybe they met up with the Star Ship Enterprise, and now it's set to stun?

I'm sure Snart made a deal in with The Flash that he won't kill.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me and I know this show has a LOT of pitfalls but the last few episodes have been alright including this episode.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out

It was an old school monster week vibe this week, guess that why they got Joe Dante in to do it, and I felt it really worked for the show. Everyone got something to do and move the story forward.

The only thing that drove me nuts was why were Ray/Kendra packing up their stuff at the end? They didn't bring anything back with them when going to the ship? Is Ray that anal he has to tidy up his fake stuff in his fake house before he flies off?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The CW have renewed the show for a 2nd season.

Thoroughly enjoyed that episode. That's the direction they should take from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Secret room.
    Thick metal door.
    Normal Window.

HLJskgQ.png

Advertisement