Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good episode this week. They got the tone of 1957 correct (racism and homophobia included). Great cliffhanger too.

Vandal Savage is terrible though, and I don't mean in a villainous sense.

Pretty obvious that Mick Rory isn't dead. They're trying too hard to keep us guessing.

Half way through the season now, and it's definitely starting to find its groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

So season 2 is a go. I like the idea of them changing the cast or maybe make it a team up show. Have some version of this group with guest stars like Constantine come in to help them fight some magic bad guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bloody good show so far, would like to see them end up on Earth 2 with a Firestorm Deathstorm face off. Rory is on ice somewhere on the wave rider he is too good a character to cut out. Would like to see a flash crossover next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damn, didn't realise it's off for the next two weeks.

I f*cking hate US TV schedules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Penn wrote: »

Time to catch up with all my other stuff though !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Excellent.

Was that a quick Dr. Who reference about 1:44?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I look forward to this more then arrow and flash these days . Who would have thunk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That's a great trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Is there a reason for the break & is there more shows gonna follow?

Nice to see Jewel Staite back on tv, is it just a once off?
    I wonder will we see Karen Gillan too?

Nice role for Arthur Darvill, considering he was playing second fiddle on Dr Who, although wasn't warming to him at first, but he's growing on me.

Back this Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Is there a reason for the break & is there more shows gonna follow?

I think in the US March is a big month for Basketball - I always hear about March Madness and probably a good chance some of those games happen on a Thursday. Not in anyway certain, but I always thought that was the reason for this particular break.

Back this Thursday and the rest of the 8 episodes this season will be on every Thursday without any more breaks.

I wonder will we see Karen Gillan too?

She's shooting Guardians 2, so I guess is currently bald & busy.

After her show flopped, I can't see her getting another shot at a lead for a while.

Patrick J. Adams joins the show in a mysterious role, described by Entertainment Weekly, Adams will play a
    fun character the fans will love.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/patrick-j-adams-joins-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-in-mystery-role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Patrick J. Adams joins the show in a mysterious role, described by Entertainment Weekly, Adams will play a

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/patrick-j-adams-joins-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-in-mystery-role

The only fun DC character I can think of would be Booster Gold but Tvline.com have reported that its not him . Maybe Blue Beetle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I saw someone suggest Adam Strange.

Another great episode with a twist of a reveal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Another great episode with a twist of a reveal.

Agreed. Great episode with a great twist (although the twist was somewhat spoiled by the "Previously on...")

Agreed. Great episode with a great twist (although the twist was somewhat spoiled by the "Previously on...")

Yeah, would've made the reveal that much more shocking had they left out the "Previously on" bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I didn't enjoy that episode. Coming from The Flash, where it's hammered that the smallest of changes could badly upset the future, and here we had Sara going back to the League and everyone getting found out by Ras, Sara telling Ras that he'll have another daughter, what to call her, and where to send her at a very specific time... Surely that would have massive consequences for the timeline, and anything beyond the point of time that this episode was set it is no longer guaranteed?

From The Flash saying the smallest of changes could have huge consequences, to this crowd flying around time and making huge changes, it just no longer seems "believable".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I enjoyed it a lot. Didn't see that Chronos twist coming.

I agree about the time travel stuff though. Sarah telling Ra's about Nyssa was stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Mr E wrote: »

I agree about the time travel stuff though. Sarah telling Ra's about Nyssa was stupid.

Did I hear right that Sarah said the name of the island oliver was stuck on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Mr E wrote: »

But what if Sarah is never found by Nyssa because Sarah didn't tell Ra's in the past leading to Sarah dying in the future and thus never going back in time...

Of course, how did she get back there in the first place if that was the case.

I hate when the previously on spoils a good reveal. In this case it only happened two episodes ago and was a fairly major event,it's not like we would have forgotten it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

But what if Sarah is never found by Nyssa because Sarah didn't tell Ra's in the past leading to Sarah dying in the future and thus never going back in time...

Of course, how did she get back there in the first place if that was the case.

I hate when the previously on spoils a good reveal. In this case it only happened two episodes ago and was a fairly major event,it's not like we would have forgotten it.

Sarah having *always told Ra's* about her would fit in very well with how time travel has worked so far on the Arrowverse. It was predestined.

Felt this one was trying really hard but just didn't come together. I like the fight at the end and the "it was my brother" ending from Futurama. I assume next one is final esp and it really ends with a bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I assume next one is final esp and it really ends with a bang.

There are still six episodes left

Was just thinking with Talia being introduced a couple episodes ago, that would make her over 60 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭squonk

That one with Pegatron or whatever his name was was just stupid! I got bored when they mentioned Hitler because if was obvious already that they were going down the "If you could have killed Hitler when he was a kid..." route. What Sci Fi show hasn't really if they had Time Travel. They needed to have killed the kid but in the end they went for the safe "Oh let's have a chat' approach which, predictably, didn't work.

6 more to go? the story stretch pretty much, why I assume this was the set up to the finale. How the hell there going drag this out for 6 more.

I thought it was soon when Rip sais before going to the future how this was when they would stop Savage or die trying. And neither happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

squonk wrote: »
    That one with Pegatron or whatever his name was was just stupid! I got bored when they mentioned Hitler because if was obvious already that they were going down the "If you could have killed Hitler when he was a kid..." route. What Sci Fi show hasn't really if they had Time Travel. They needed to have killed the kid but in the end they went for the safe "Oh let's have a chat' approach which, predictably, didn't work.

Doctor Who had an ep called "Let's Kill Hitler"
    incidentally had Rory/Rip was there as well:p

Advertisement