Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

If I recall, despite the title killing Hilter wasn't really part of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I think they just named that kid awkwardly to see the cast struggle to say his name

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think they just named that kid awkwardly to see the cast struggle to say his name

Nope - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_Degaton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

If I recall, despite the title killing Hilter wasn't really part of the story.

The writers clearly thought up the name and went with it before ever considering what sort of story to present. It was essentially a televised form of clickbait.

The show is still wavering between peaks and troughs for me but i'm very much looking forward to the Jonah Hex episode. He's such an interesting character and had a brilliant run of comics. I was actually really looking forward to his film a couple of years back, imagine my disappointment when out popped superpowers and dragonballs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And Fassbender with his fake accent.

Though Jonah comics have gone through both phases. There have been sci fi and serious western. Kinda like Punisher being both Punisher Max and Franken Castle.
    At least they won't use the healed version of Jonah for the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Episode 11 just aired in Canada, 2 days earlier than the US...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

That's quick, as usually it's the night before on Showcase afaik!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Also happens to be the best and most fun episode so far.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking with Talia being introduced a couple episodes ago, that would make her over 60 now

Lazarus pit

That was a much more brutal fight. More please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was good fun alright. Quite enjoyed that one. Predictable yet good fun. The gun play was poor for sure but I agree about the fight scene. Very well choreographed.

Despite that, I think they forgot that this was 1871. PG-13 show or not, the fact that none of the locals seemed to care that a couple of "whores" and a couple of "****" walked into their town is just bizarre. We are talking about a super sexist and racist time here. I find it odd that they touched on this in the 50's and yet it didn't even get a mention in the 1870's.

And captain colds voice is starting to grate on me a little. Dial it back a bit Wentworth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Kirby wrote: »

And captain colds voice is starting to grate on me a little. Dial it back a bit Wentworth.

Well done for lasting this long. His accent has been driving me crazy since Ep 1. He chews the scenary in every scene he is in. I don't remember him being this bad in Prison Break.

I think they need to drop the Rip Hunter voiceover intro. I know it's part of all these series, but he just sounds so fed up like he has to record it every time. It's even more noticeable when he says the part about Vandal killing his wife and son

I think they need to drop the Rip Hunter voiceover intro. I know it's part of all these series, but he just sounds so fed up like he has to record it every time. It's even more noticeable when he says the part about Vandal killing his wife and son

Yeah, I think that every week when I hear it. I hate the need for these "saga sells" every week with all these shows, followed by a "previously on" etc. Just give me entertainment already!

Anyway, I thought this was a really nice episode although Hex was a bit of a non entity really. One thing I will say is that I thought this episode looked absolutely gorgeous, there was a low shot of Ray facing off against the gang the first time that was so wonderfully framed, and the place where Sara and Kendra had their horseback heart to heart was visually beautiful (the colours really looked great to me). The whole thing looked very naturally lit and much more impressive than I thought it would.

Oh and that last fight against the hunters fully redeemed how easy they were to defeat (although Mick mentioned "that was easy" so I wonder if there's something else to that), particularly because they finally did some really cool, unique action for tiny Atom that wasn't just Iron Man lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

That HG Wells thing was awful Wells was born and bred in England I doubt he ever was in the wild west as a kid.

Oh you thought they meant *that* HG Wells....no, you see, what they *really* meant was he's Harrison Wells' great-great grandfather, who just happened to have the same name...yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

MJohnston wrote: »
    Oh you thought they meant *that* HG Wells....no, you see, what they *really* meant was he's Harrison Wells' great-great grandfather, who just happened to have the same name...yes.

Ah right what with time travel and HG Wells ...

That was good fun alright. Quite enjoyed that one. Predictable yet good fun. The gun play was poor for sure but I agree about the fight scene. Very well choreographed.

Despite that, I think they forgot that this was 1871. PG-13 show or not, the fact that none of the locals seemed to care that a couple of "whores" and a couple of "****" walked into their town is just bizarre. We are talking about a super sexist and racist time here. I find it odd that they touched on this in the 50's and yet it didn't even get a mention in the 1870's.

Yeah agree this was odd. Given how in the 1950's one they made of point of showing being racist and sexist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭squonk

That immediately occured to me when they walked ito town. It wasn't so much the ladies but the black team members. It's not that long after the civil war and things hadn't normalised that much, heck things still aren't entirely normalised almost 150 years later! I'm willing to let it slide as it would have been a shame if it dragged down the episode.

Mel Brooks really did justice to the whole '****** showing up in town' concept though :)

Enjoyed this more then some of the recent ones. Don't like Kendra/Ray stuff but Rory really grown on me and this new version of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Am I the only one disappointed that Jonah Hex didn't actually do anything this episode. He was kinda wasted as he seemed to exist solely as exposition for Rip's backstory...or maybe auditioning himself for season two?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I Feel the last 2 episodes were actually the best so far and co-incidentally neither had Vandal Savage in them... don't think the bad guy is working out as a good character on this show.

I thought the shots of them all frozen in time in a circle using their powers looked really cool. Enjoyed this episode a lot again this week. 2 solid episodes in a row.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I Feel the last 2 episodes were actually the best so far and co-incidentally neither had Vandal Savage in them... don't think the bad guy is working out as a good character on this show.
    Well you would like a like an episode featuring a bounty hunter, wouldn't you? ;)

I was just thinking the same thing though: No Vandal Savage and none the worse for it - probably better. Jumping through time after him isn't working out that well and maybe the writing team know that a little. These recent episodes have been good at building up some of the other characters - Kendra and Rory for example.

Will they ever learn to take advantage of defeating their enemies? They had the Pilgrim defeated at least twice and instead of restraining/killing her/throwing her into the sun, they just left her. Would've saved them a lot of bother.
    Just like how many times have they let Savage go?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Will they ever learn to take advantage of defeating their enemies? They had the Pilgrim defeated at least twice and instead of restraining/killing her/throwing her into the sun, they just left her. Would've saved them a lot of bother.
    Just like how many times have they let Savage go?
    Sure next you'll be asking why don't they stop interfering, repeatedly, every single week in the local time line despite it constantly making things worse. They'd be a lot safer if they just hid out in that house and cause a lot less damage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh no, the Time Masters are sending their three toughest bounty hunters to kill us!

...aaannndd they're dead.

Oh no, the Time Masters are sending their toughest warrior to kill us!

...aaannndd she's dead.

The Time Masters really need to up their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The fact that the pilgrim only had one shot (ever) at killing each of their younger selves was a bit silly, but it was a fun episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I thought the shots of them all frozen in time in a circle using their powers looked really cool.

Completely agree, great scene!

• Advertisement

I no idea when this show going to end so again I thought this was going to be the last one. But no when finally they got to Savage I was so annoyed with Kendra pulling out at the last minute. If I'm not mistaken surely if this version of carter dies another one will come back and he won't have his brain scrambled? I felt it was rather weak reason not to kill Savage. The robot fight was cool. I assume next week is the last one? it can keep drag this out can it?

Advertisement