Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did I get charged for efibre connection.

Options
  • 07-05-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

When I got the call I was informed that I would be upgraded for free and my bill would not be increased. So when I received my new bill I was charged for connection and service charge.
    Service and connection charges €42.57
    Needless to say I'm not very pleased. The efibre was supposed to be faster than the older system but it is crap. The signal to the modem freezes a lot so instead of been faster it takes a lot longer to connect to the internet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

martin6651 wrote: »
    When I got the call I was informed that I would be upgraded for free and my bill would not be increased. So when I received my new bill I was charged for connection and service charge.
    Needless to say I'm not very pleased. The efibre was supposed to be faster than the older system but it is crap. The signal to the modem freezes a lot so instead of been faster it takes a lot longer to connect to the internet.

Hi martin6651

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing - I'll be happy to help with this if you would like to PM me your eircom account number and contact details?

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

Hi martin6651

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing - I'll be happy to help with this if you would like to PM me your eircom account number and contact details?

Cheers
    Al
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

If this is like my first bill, then the service and connection charges are for Part Period Rental, in other words your service started in middle of a billing period and was added to your first full billing period.

Also i carried over charges from my old eircom account which were show in this group.

You may want to check page 2 or 3 of your bill to see if part period rental i listed under service and connection charges.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If this is like my first bill, then the service and connection charges are for Part Period Rental, in other words your service started in middle of a billing period and was added to your first full billing period.

Also i carried over charges from my old eircom account which were show in this group.

You may want to check page 2 or 3 of your bill to see if part period rental i listed under service and connection charges.
    Isn't there supposed to be a final bill when the customer changes to Efibre and a new account set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Balance was transferred to my new account when I changed to efibre.
    First bill is quite confusing - you have closing balance from old account, part period for new efibre account + full month efibre amount as well.

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote: »

Isn't there supposed to be a final bill when the customer changes to Efibre and a new account set up?
    yeah the old account bill would show €0 and all outstanding payments or overpayments were supposed to transfer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

yeah the old account bill would show €0 and all outstanding payments or overpayments were supposed to transfer.
    But surely there should be no increase for an existing customer who is up to date in their payments?  A customer pays in advance so that credit should off set the initial period of efibre.

But surely there should be no increase for an existing customer who is up to date in their payments?  A customer pays in advance so that credit should off set the initial period of efibre.
    if something wrong you could always write complaint to appeal the bills would depend on personal circumstances. obviously if no satisfaction then could go to comreg to further investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

The thing is the "old" account is closed when you order efibre, and you have to wait for the new account to be set up to put a payment against balance. So the net amount owing is  approx 1 month's efibre + 1 month efibre/old broadband, if payment for last "full" bill has not been taken. It's confusing, but when I went through it the amount was correct. 

Hi martin6651

Cheers
    Al
    PM sent
    Hi Martin6651

I have not received a PM from you yet, would you like to try sending it to me again please?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

Hi martin6651

Cheers
    Al
    PM sent
    Hi Martin6651

I have not received a PM from you yet, would you like to try sending it to me again please?

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent again

Hi martin6651

Cheers
    Al
    PM sent
    Hi Martin6651

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent again

Cheers Martin

The 'service & connection charge' in the case refers to a service charge for the time service was installed (7th of April) to the beginning of the billing period for the first month (Billing period 5th of May to the 4th of June) - Basically the bill is higher because it covers period of 7th of April to the 4th of June.

I'm sorry to hear of the technical issue you’re experiencing Martin, can you confirm what speeds you're experiencing?

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement