Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc. Interview Advice

Options
  • 07-05-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

I'm attending an interview for an MSc. course in the coming days and was wondering what to expect from it?

What exactly will I be asked/what are they looking for?

Is it really just a personality evaluation to see if your application matches up with who you actually are, or is there far more?

Will it be a panel that's interviewing me, with the head of the department as well as somebody from a similar area as myself so that they can grill me?

Also, any advice as to what to wear would be appreciated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm very apprehensive and could do with some advice. If you've done any interview for any MSc., I'd love to hear your opinion.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

It'll depend on the course and the college. My MSc. (taught masters) interview was over the phone with two people who manage teh course. Mostly questions about why I want to do it and what I was expecting from the course and a bit about my background to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Senoss

Tree wrote: »
    It'll depend on the course and the college. My MSc. (taught masters) interview was over the phone with two people who manage teh course. Mostly questions about why I want to do it and what I was expecting from the course and a bit about my background to date.

Do you mind me asking what the Masters was in Tree?

Thanks a lot for the reply, I really do appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

as tree said, depends on what your msc is in. i went for one in physio so that would be different than say a non-health background msc

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Senoss

roseybear wrote: »
    as tree said, depends on what your msc is in. i went for one in physio so that would be different than say a non-health background msc

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

It's an MSc. in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Senoss wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what the Masters was in Tree?

Thanks a lot for the reply, I really do appreciate it.
    Biomed diagnostics in DCU, this was a couple of year ago. I'd imagine you'll get similar sorts of questions for QA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement