Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIC on credit card statement?

Options
  • 07-05-2015 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hello
    I'm trying to set up an online transfer from (my-not BoI) account to my Mother's credit card account.  Normally this is straighforward as it's easily done using the BIC and IBAN.
    However on her statement there is no BIC.
    There is IBAN but the transfer won't set up without BIC.
    Why is there no BIC on the statement? Where can I find it/get her to get it?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Aimeee wrote: »
    Hello
    I'm trying to set up an online transfer from (my-not BoI) account to my Mother's credit card account.  Normally this is straighforward as it's easily done using the BIC and IBAN.
    However on her statement there is no BIC.
    There is IBAN but the transfer won't set up without BIC.
    Why is there no BIC on the statement?  Where can I find it/get her to get it?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Hi Aimeee,

Thanks for posting.

For all Euro Credit cards, the IBAN is IE46BOFI90153899943016 / BIC/SWIFT: BOFIIE2D

For all Sterling Credit cards, the IBAN is GB37BOFI90154699943016 / BIC/SWIFT: BOFIGB2B

Please ensure to include your credit card number in the Reference field when adding the payee details.

Hope this helps,
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Hello
    Thanks for quick reply and for that information.
    Sorted now.
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Aimeee wrote: »
    Hello
    Thanks for quick reply and for that information.
    Sorted now.
    Thank you.
    Hi Aimeee,

You’re very welcome.

If there is anything else we can help you with here please let us know.

Thanks again,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 1 robertmcc

Hi,

Is the information above still correct to set up my BOI credit card as a payee from my non BOI checking account?  (ie Correct IBAN and BIC).

Thanks

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi robertmcc,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

To make a payment to a Euro Credit Card from another Bank or non-Euro account, you may enter the details below:

BIC:BOFIIE2D

IBAN:IE46BOFI90153899943016

Reference: you must add the FULL card number which appears on the front of your card.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Advertisement
Advertisement