Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query

Options
  • 08-05-2015 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi There,

I have been living and working in New Zealand for the past 4 years and I'm looking to return home to Ireland for Summer 2016.

I have been saving quite hard recently and hope to return with c. E50,000

Ideally I would like to buy a rental property with a 25% deposit and my own hovel with an 8% deposit. It may be a bit on the optimistic side but I was wondering would I be entertained by BOI for such an endeavor and what criteria would I have to meet?

I have a strong savings record of 1 year + and a excellent credit rating in NZ which I hope will benefit me on my return.

Instead of being directed to a link or a number to call would it be possible to discuss via Boards? It's just the time differences can make it quite difficult to get the information you need and from past experience with online banking mail, it can take some time to get a response. 

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this and any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Ex-PintGuzzler

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi There,

I have been living and working in New Zealand for the past 4 years and I'm looking to return home to Ireland for Summer 2016.

I have been saving quite hard recently and hope to return with c. E50,000

Ideally I would like to buy a rental property with a 25% deposit and my own hovel with an 8% deposit. It may be a bit on the optimistic side but I was wondering would I be entertained by BOI for such an endeavor and what criteria would I have to meet?

I have a strong savings record of 1 year + and a excellent credit rating in NZ which I hope will benefit me on my return.

Instead of being directed to a link or a number to call would it be possible to discuss via Boards? It's just the time differences can make it quite difficult to get the information you need and from past experience with online banking mail, it can take some time to get a response. 

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this and any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Ex-PintGuzzler
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi PintGuzzler, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]To discuss your options with getting a Mortgage with Bank of Ireland when you return to Ireland it would be necessary to call our Mortgage team directly on 0818 200 339. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Alternatively see here where you can request to have a call back from the Mortgage team and input a time that would best suit you.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks again, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Tara C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Is 6 months in permanent employment a must for returning home   & getting a mortgage? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

gar32 wrote: »
    Is 6 months in permanent employment a must for returning home   & getting a mortgage? 
    Hi gar32, 

Thank you for your post today. 

As each application is seen on a case by case basis it would be best to speak to one our Mortgage advisor's who will be more than happy to discuss your situation. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement