Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Balls...

• 08-05-2015 8:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭

I've seen it all now....:pac:
    Gently squeeze the Balls to turn the light on and switch between the modes. Gently squeeze again to turn the Bike Balls off.

Unlike your own which are mashed up inside lycra, these ones "hang off of the seat rail, and naturally bob-around while you ride"

LINK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Wrong. On so many different levels.
    Squeeze the balls to turn the light on
    XNF9IzL.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Awful. 100% fredness in bad taste.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Why???!!
    I can't think of one good reason why these exist.
    There's also a scrotal saddle bag. Again, why?????!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭531

gadetra wrote: »
    Why???!!
    I can't think of one good reason why these exist.
    There's also a scrotal saddle bag. Again, why?????!!

It's a boy thing, you wouldn't understand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

That link crashed my interwebs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

That's the "amusing" cyclist christmas present sorted for the next 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I'm in work, I ain't touching that link... no thanks :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

I'm in work, I ain't touching that link... no thanks :P
    I'll save you the effort!:pac:
    edcf216af82e196cb166790e9f2f66da_original.png
    bike-balls-bicycle-tail-light-2-600x572.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

its just about funded so plenty of folks like the idea - no accounting for taste i suppose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I sent it round to the other people in work who cycle, one of them opened it and had his manager standing behind him. When asked what it was (knowing right well) he replied it was an upside down love heart, why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

CramCycle wrote: »
    I sent it round to the other people in work who cycle, one of them opened it and had his manager standing behind him. When asked what it was (knowing right well) he replied it was an upside down love heart, why?

Ignoring the fact that they're balls for a minute, will a light jumping around under your saddle actually make you more noticeable?

rizzodun wrote: »
    Ignoring the fact that they're balls for a minute, will a light jumping around under your saddle actually make you more noticeable?

Depends on how bright they are, the RSA hand out dangling ones which are useless as they are only bright enough to be seen from a few metres away in city ambient light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Alek wrote: »
    Awful. 100% fredness in bad taste.

Oh man I'd love 'em, great ol' giggle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Oh man I'd love 'em, great ol' giggle :D

You'd look like a Great Dane out for a walk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

They look like some novelty ear rings from a hen night or something

They remind me of the result of a bet involving deep heat when I was in school. I'd a saddle with the slot in it a few years ago, girlfriend at the time asked was it to ventilate ones tackle :eek:

I was in south carolina with work and saw a huuge pickup with a big metal version of the bike balls hanging off the hitch. I thought it was hilarious because my sense of humour is still in the gutter, after I saw my 5th set I started thinking they were a bit vulgar to be parading about with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

CramCycle wrote: »
    Depends on how bright they are, the RSA hand out dangling ones which are useless as they are only bright enough to be seen from a few metres away in city ambient light.

It's almost as if the RSA want to undermine the primacy of lights in the pecking order of strategies to be seen at night.

It's not what they're setting out to do (decent lights can't be given out for free, as they're at least €20 each, but crap lights and hi-viz can be given out for free), but it's having that undermining effect.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    It's not what they're setting out to do (decent lights can't be given out for free, as they're at least €20 each, but crap lights and hi-viz can be given out for free), but it's having that undermining effect.

The funny thing is that their budget for hi vis is enormous, if you went to a supplier who gives the likes of SMART or Planet X their commuter range ( which are often on sale for under 20 as a package and are decent enough for commuting) with that you would have a huge amount of Lee way on price.

The rears usually have a belt clip loop so suitable for walkers in the country and the front light is tiny for holding as a torch it is ideal.

Way off topic though, I think their market is the Kris Kringle at work for the office guy who cycles or the relation who cycles more than everyone else.

Advertisement