Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 12), May 8-9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

United are missing 9 players for the trip to Derry. God help us.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Officials for the Bohs game are Welsh as part of some exchange program.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/14196/match-officials-appointed---week-12/

Can't be any worse than the usuals.

Should be beating Limerick, though they seem to have improved since the first game.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We had welsh lads over before, they basically went with full UFC rules and allowed everything and played no added time. Think they may have been on a stags pre match.

Should be fun in Richmond later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Any sort of a win will do tonight. We just need to get three points after the last two results. Absolutely lashing here all morning, that'll take a few hundred off the crowd. We'll probably get about 3,000.

Cork City are also home to Drogheda United on Monday at 7.45, if you want to put that in, DFX. It's one of the July fixtures moved forward due to a clash with the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Its like the middle of January in Cork today, lashing and freezing. Summer football is fantastic.

Have to win tonight, hopefully we play that fantastic brand of football we've been playing and batter Sligo.

I'll go for a 1-0 struggle to City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Windy too. Rain meant to clear later, at least some bit, later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Expecting a tough game in Longford tomorrow. They're a well organised side and I think only Rovers have beaten them at home this season. I think the main reason for that is the horror the players encounter upon reaching the absolute hellhole that is Longford Town. Having to spend a couple of hours in that kip would shake anybody up.

Anyway, would gladly take a scrappy 1-0 victory. Draw would be a slightly disappointing but not a bad result all things considered. Interesting to see how Ben Mohamed does against a top quality outfit. Get the feeling O'Donnell is getting a bit irritated that he hasn't returned to the first 11 yet so maybe Kenny will throw him in instead of Finn to lighten his mood somewhat. Tentative 1-0 to the good guys prediction with McMillan doing the damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

United are missing 9 players for the trip to Derry. God help us.

You'll probably get the 0-0, we are pants.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Any games on the box tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pats vs Rovers off due to waterlogged pitch. Bad bad bad. Wouldn't happen at Oriel...

• Advertisement

Rain has cleared in Cork. Might get few extra fans to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Pighead wrote: »
    Expecting a tough game in Longford tomorrow. They're a well organised side and I think only Rovers have beaten them at home this season. I think the main reason for that is the horror the players encounter upon reaching the absolute hellhole that is Longford Town. Having to spend a couple of hours in that kip would shake anybody up.

Anyway, would gladly take a scrappy 1-0 victory. Draw would be a slightly disappointing but not a bad result all things considered. Interesting to see how Ben Mohamed does against a top quality outfit. Get the feeling O'Donnell is getting a bit irritated that he hasn't returned to the first 11 yet so maybe Kenny will throw him in instead of Finn to lighten his mood somewhat. Tentative 1-0 to the good guys prediction with McMillan doing the damage.

What in the world? Are you not from dundalk?its just a bigger, bleaker longford! With more bomb factories and an illegal fuel industry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

flas wrote: »
    What in the world? Are you not from dundalk?its just a bigger, bleaker longford! With more bomb factories and an illegal fuel industry!

Hard to argue with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Drizzle here in Tolka Park.

Hoping for a Shels win and that the floodlights don't fail :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Bray should change manager more often.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

GUFC 2-0 at half time. More unpredictable than the weather.

Anthony Elding is in goals now for Derry!

Fantastic away win for a depleted United team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry are awful. Pure awful.
    Peter Hutton has not got a clue.

Oh Jayo Jayo :)

• Advertisement

A strange game. Could not call it a classic. Sligo did not really threaten but took their chances well.

A big win, but a slightly lucky one even though we were better side. Well taken winner by dirty Mark O Sullivan.

Sheppard is a super bit of stuff. Never stopped tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Its so frustrating watching Cork City. The first half an hour we tore Sligo apart, if they kept going it could have been 4 or 5, but we just fell asleep and let Sligo back into it after going 2 up. Thats the difference between Dundalk and us, Dundalk would have won by that 4 or 5 scoreline if they were playing Sligo tonight.

Anyway, a right kick in the teeth for Sligo, deserved a draw from that, if not a winner towards the end, a 1 on 1 with McNulty was saved. Its hard to see how they are so low in the table this season, I thought they played quiet well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

NIMAN wrote: »
    Derry are awful. Pure awful.
    Peter Hutton has not got a clue.

Cant really argue... We never seemed organised in defense or attack under him.

Good game in Finn Park, Waterford did not look like the bottom team in the league and we didn't look like we hadn't conceeded at home either (altho McMonigle looked shattered, cowans hamstring went and dee didn't look right when he came on either)
    Funstons goal after 30seconds was a cracker and we shouldn't have got into that position after being 2up.
    Fair play to Waterford tho, seriously put it up and 6 of then sank to their knees at the final whistle. If they start playing like that all the time they will take point off people.

Tldr... PHEW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

flas wrote: »
    Think you've been smoking too much turf pal.

hill_of_faughart.jpg

fire_indo

I live in the jewel of the North East. You life in a bog.

Back on topic I decided to spoil myself and went to see Drogs V Bray match tonight. First off Drogs were so poor it was hilarious. Second half they remembered Bray can't defend corners and scored two simple goals. Nice goal from Dundalk's Tiernan Mulvenna to seal victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bohs were truly awful tonight. Absolutely rode our luck. Started brightly for the first 10 minutes up until we got the opening goal then sat off for the remainder of the game.

Sloppy passes, zero movement and no desire to bust a gut whatsoever.

Limped our way through that first half and Limerick deserved their equaliser. Penned us back for the most part and could and should have maybe taken the lead.

We got lucky in that goal mouth scramble with 5 minutes to spare with Jayo finding the net but better teams will crucify us if we play like we did tonight.

Happy with the win but the performance emulated the weather. Shíte.

That_Guy wrote: »
    We got lucky in that goal mouth scramble with 5 minutes to spare with Jayo finding the net but better teams will crucify us if we play like we did tonight.

To be fair, we created 4 or 5 chanes that should have been put away in the last 10 minutes, wouldn't say it was luck one went in. Agree with your assessment though, probably our worst performance that I've seen from us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

To be fair, we created 4 or 5 chanes that should have been put away in the last 10 minutes, wouldn't say it was luck one went in. Agree with your assessment though, probably our worst performance that I've seen from us this season.

Speaking of those chances, it was easier to score than miss them especially Griffin's chance. Bah-loody hell.

Anyone who had Bohs -1 on their betslip must be tearing their hair out. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Back on topic I decided to spoil myself and went to see Drogs V Bray match tonight. First off Drogs were so poor it was hilarious. Second half they remembered Bray can't defend corners and scored two simple goals. Nice goal from Dundalk's Tiernan Mulvenna to seal victory.

Or this,two minutes from Oriel.That tower in the background is a diesel laundering plant of course were all the bombs are made.Up the road from here is were the GOAL bombs go in ;)

11169825_823058904415338_6667889849560805871_n.jpg?oh=daf5c0a7692dd6db12d37bd854c12c05&oe=5608F489&__gda__=1440263253_da14ad6f24b21faf81c924bdf18e565e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

hill_of_faughart.jpg

fire_indo

Someone from dundalk using a photo of a firebombed house as an insult to another town has to be the height of irony!

All joking aside, don't expect much from the match tomorrow night, hopefully keep it tight, a draw would be an amazing result for us, can see ye winning fairly handy though, we will continue on comfortably midtable, and build from there! Hope you enjoy your trip to strokestown road and don't over do it with the food truck, think you might be surprised! Call into jp's before the match for a few pints(in front of an open fire, made with turf no less)!

C'mon the town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    GUFC 2-0 at half time. More unpredictable than the weather.

Galway have been a weird side so far. They either seem to lose badly or win convincingly. Well able to score goals though which should be enough to keep them up you would imagine.

Galway have been a weird side so far. They either seem to lose badly or win convincingly. Well able to score goals though which should be enough to keep them up you would imagine.

We've been unlucky at times. A lot of our losses have involved penalties and/or red cards. We've a crazy amount of injuries too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

First time down the Tolka in ages, Shels are actually a better footballing side than the last time I saw them in the Premier, really nice team to watch, should have won 3/4 but they can't finish and got denied an absolute stonewaller by the ref. Paulie Andrews thinking he's David Luiz too... Lost it everytime.

They should be getting out of this division handy. But then Cabinteely damn near got an equaliser so that's why they probably won't.

cson wrote: »
    First time down the Tolka in ages, Shels are actually a better footballing side than the last time I saw them in the Premier, really nice team to watch, should have won 3/4 but they can't finish and got denied an absolute stonewaller by the ref. Paulie Andrews thinking he's David Luiz too... Lost it everytime.

They should be getting out of this division handy. But then Cabinteely damn near got an equaliser so that's why they probably won't.

Andrews didn't play. Think it might be Heaney you're thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

CSF wrote: »
    Andrews didn't play. Think it might be Heaney you're thinking of.

#5?

Really good pairing the two centre halves apart from yer mans tendency to waltz out and try to beat 2/3 players every so often.

The #18 who came on should be starting tbh too.

cson wrote: »
    #5?

Really good pairing the two centre halves apart from yer mans tendency to waltz out and try to beat 2/3 players every so often.

The #18 who came on should be starting tbh too.

My memory of numbers is terrible as they change every week. Heaney would be the taller of the 2 CBs.

Think 18 is Earley who if so should 100% be starting ahead of Coughlan.

• Advertisement

Officials for the Bohs game are Welsh as part of some exchange program.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/14196/match-officials-appointed---week-12/

Can't be any worse than the usuals.

Should be beating Limerick, though they seem to have improved since the first game.

Have to say I thought the officiating was a marked improvement on what we're used to. Got a couple of things wrong but nothing major, and cut out little things like stealing yards without taking any crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Link to Funstons goal for us, 17 seconds into the game, little nutmeg and 25 yard drive. Even Messi world be proud. Shame half the crowd wasnt in!
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=415241961990620

around 2000 raised for Mark Farren too i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pitch was fine until around 5pm when serious heavy rain came down for nearly an hour. By 6 there was no chance of the game going ahead.

On the bright side won money on a snail race.......

Advertisement