Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 External Monitors for Surface Pro 3

• 08-05-2015 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for two external monitors to use with my SP3, the monitors I've looked at don't come with HDMI ports, is this standard in monitors now? Can anyone explain how I can hook up the SP3 to dual monitors if HDMI is not an option?
    Also, any suggestions for monitors for ms office, internet and general business use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Cheaper monitors don't come with HDMI. What ones in particular have you been looking at? You can also get HDMI, to DVI converters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Cheaper monitors don't come with HDMI. What ones in particular have you been looking at? You can also get HDMI, to DVI converters.

I was looking at different models from €100 - €179 Benq, Samsung, Philips.

What's the reason for the removal of the HDMI on the cheaper models, I bought a couple of Syncmasters a few years ago for about €120 each and they had HDMI ports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

You should be able to connect any monitor using the correct cable. If the monitor you are looking at has a vga port then get a

Display Port -> VGA Port cable

Display Port -> HDMI cable

Display Port -> DVI cable

Display Port -> Display Port

or

Just get an adaptor like this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mini-DisplayPort-to-DVI-VGA-HDMI-Adapter-for-Macbook-Air-Pro-Surface-Pro-2-3-US-/141517625113?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f31b9719

If you are looking at a monitor for your Surface Pro 3, its best to get a monitor that has Display Ports. You will be then able to added more than one monitor as long as that monitor also has a display port :-)

Advertisement