Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Dublin venues book cover bands?

• 08-05-2015 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

My cover band are starting to look for a few gigs so I'm wondering what pubs/clubs book alternative/rock cover bands in the greater Dublin area? Not interested in money necessarily, more in finding places we can play to people who want to hear a decent band play some good tunes - QOTSA, Foos, Zepp, Queen, Biffy, Manics, PJ, Smiths, The Faces etc.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

Scorlóg wrote: »
    My cover band are starting to look for a few gigs so I'm wondering what pubs/clubs book alternative/rock cover bands in the greater Dublin area? Not interested in money necessarily, more in finding places we can play to people who want to hear a decent band play some good tunes - QOTSA, Foos, Zepp, Queen, Biffy, Manics, PJ, Smiths, The Faces etc.

Any suggestions?

but why play for nothing/next to nothing ?
    there are loads of pubs Im sure that would take a band on to play for nothing but it undervalues what everyone else is doing !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Play for free and you'll always be busy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

The Inn in Raheny book cover bands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

also,

have a look here, and old thread that was resurrected but it still valid in every way
    Cant believe that some 4 piece bands are playing for so little !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056622614

Having said that,I played in a 4 piece in a "NAMA" pub here in Dublin and we were only getting €150 in total !
    €37.50 a man but it was very close to home and we got the occasional pint !

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Scorlóg

MrTrebus wrote: »
    but why play for nothing/next to nothing ?
    there are loads of pubs Im sure that would take a band on to play for nothing but it undervalues what everyone else is doing !

A valid question I suppose:

- we currently have no gigs so would be willing to do a few to gain experience first and foremost

- we'd rather play a gig in a place with an appreciative audience for little or no money than in a pub that will pay you well to play the standard pub classics

- We're doing this purely for our own enjoyment rather than a second income so money isn't a major issue

- it won't necessarily always be on these terms. Need to find some decent gigs first and see where it goes from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭cordragza

Scorlóg wrote: »
    A valid question I suppose:

- we currently have no gigs so would be willing to do a few to gain experience first and foremost

- we'd rather play a gig in a place with an appreciative audience for little or no money than in a pub that will pay you well to play the standard pub classics

- We're doing this purely for our own enjoyment rather than a second income so money isn't a major issue

- it won't necessarily always be on these terms. Need to find some decent gigs first and see where it goes from there.

drop into fibbers/gypsy rose and ask at the bar, charge a fiver on the door and do it that way.

Advertisement