Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society Outing - Dundrum House Hotel Golf & Leisure Resort 23rd May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Anybody passing by kill or naas with room for one? Am still having car trouble

I'm heading out the N7 that direction if you want to grab a lift

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

dwd wrote: »
    I'm heading out the N7 that direction if you want to grab a lift

Brilliant, will pm you later. Tnxs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Weather looking good for the weekend folks :)

Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
    11:20 paulos53 Keano DWD
    11:28 ballyK recycled roadrunner
    11:36 Buddy Holly kiers47 princess poppy
    11:44 doublecross golfgraffix a post punk
    11:52 FixedPitchmark pistolpetes11 HoleInOne
    12:00 mafc O'Reilly Tony athlone99
    12:08 Shaunac93 The cHamp26 3putt
    12:16 Ciaranra macker1 charlieIRL titlebearer
    12:24 Rikand Seve OB tigerwood1 WGC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I played Dundrum for the first time yesterday, what a course!! Even the wind / rain and sloppy golf couldn't take from the experience playing there. For anyone else who's playing it for the first time saturday - ye are in for a treat. One tip I'll give though, hit the ball straight!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I played Dundrum for the first time yesterday, what a course!! Even the wind / rain and sloppy golf couldn't take from the experience playing there. For anyone else who's playing it for the first time saturday - ye are in for a treat. One tip I'll give though, hit the ball straight!!!!

practice round in before - serious stuff, like to name any others with you ?;)

• Advertisement

practice round in before - serious stuff, like to any others with you ?;)

ahh there was two more with me alright - needed a course guide!!!! However both have played the course numerous of times and one is not a member of the society!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

charlieIRL wrote:

Jaysus u kept that one quiet. Practise round in tullamore done you the world of good :) hope yesterday's round works out better for you at weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

ahh there was two more with me alright - needed a course guide!!!! However both have played the course numerous of times and one is not a member of the society!!;)

That one wasnt me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Played it myself on Sunday, greens were immaculate and fast. Playing partner moaned about the fairways being on the alongside, I thought they were perfect.

11th for me is one of the nicest par 5 in Munster. Ill keep an eye out for ye, Pierce Purcell on the same day so place should be in prime condition.

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Jaysus u kept that one quiet. Practise round in tullamore done you the world of good :) hope yesterday's round works out better for you at weekend :)

Was a very very last minute thing. I was supposed to have practice for the Michael Moore Cup with my club but only found out late Sunday night my handicap was 0.1 too low!!:eek::eek: Had the clubs in the car with the intention of playing somewhere as i had the 2 hours booked off work and when i heard the lads were going to dundrum.........off i went. 335kms round trip!!! Wasn't home till 11:30 last night!!:D

• Advertisement

Was a very very last minute thing. I was supposed to have practice for the Michael Moore Cup with my club but only found out late Sunday night my handicap was 0.1 too low!!:eek::eek: Had the clubs in the car with the intention of playing somewhere as i had the 2 hours booked off work and when i heard the lads were going to dundrum.........off i went. 335kms round trip!!! Wasn't home till 11:30 last night!!:D

Getting a 0.1 is not that hard charlie - I guess you went to tipp to find out :p

Sorry lads - bad joke :P:D

Getting a 0.1 is not that hard charlie - I guess you went to tipp to find out :p

Sorry lads - bad joke :P:D

ohh i got the 0.1 yesterday unfortunately, I had more doubles the Phil Taylor on a good day!!!:D

Handicap was taken from the start of the year and not current.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

One tip I'll give though, hit the ball straight!!!!

ah balls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

RoadRunner wrote: »

thinking the same myself

it was all well and good down in the links at the weekend where they have it easy and don't know what a tree looks like!

RoadRunner wrote: »

And you will need a few!!

Ahh no, in fairness to the course off the tee you are fine on most holes. For example your 2nd and 3rd shot into the Par 5 11th is very tight - like the 10th in Birr. Trees both sides and OOB on the right. :eek:

One tip ill give for the weekend. Play the Par 5's as 3 shotters. Maybe the 13th is reachable with your Sunday best off the tee but that's about it. Don't be greedy ;).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I wish I could make a par 5 in two :(

If the rain hadn't flooded the place i should have went for the 13th green. Hit a great drive down the middle of the fairway, laid up before the water and proceeded to make a balls of my approach!!!! Ended up with a 7 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Looking forward to this now, first Boards outing and a course I've played before. Hopefully some local knowledge will see me get around without too many hiccups!

The par 5s in Dundrum are especially long, would be surprised if anyone got close in two.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Looking forward to this now, first Boards outing and a course I've played before. Hopefully some local knowledge will see me get around without too many hiccups!

The par 5s in Dundrum are especially long, would be surprised if anyone got close in two.

13th is definitely on with the wind at your back with a good drive. That being said personally I think the lay up is the shot.

Have been just in the fringe a couple of times.

• Advertisement

what tees are we playing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

kiers47 wrote: »
    13th is definitely on with the wind at your back with a good drive. That being said personally I think the lay up is the shot.

Have been just in the fringe a couple of times.

Aye unless you're going to hit the green on the 13th best to lay up. Too much trouble there with the water, trees and sand. Having said that if I do get within 200 yards I might have a crack.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

what tees are we playing ?

Id say probably green. Still not to short off them.

Not sure but is still beyond 6000yds from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭doublecross

Looking forward to this one, fantastic course. Only course on the rota that I've played before.

There's a great little par 3, 6th I think. Shallow green with water front and back. Never can get the club right on that hole. Probably a bit early in the round for NTP

Jaysus . We are blessed with weather again.

No wind . Still enough.

42 - needed for a win my guess.

I'll be happy with a top 10.

Jaysus . We are blessed with weather again.

No wind . Still enough.

42 - needed for a win my guess.

I'll be happy with a top 10.

Id say 40 points will take beating.

Id say 40 points will take beating.

From reading this sounds hard enough.

People like it too. Interesting that Philip Walton is signature.

Didn't mean angry face. I'm happy out.

From reading this sounds hard enough.

People like it too. Interesting that Philip Walton is signature.

It really depends on the day but usually it plays tough but fair.

** Someone will throw in a mad score now that ive said that. :D

• Advertisement

It really depends on the day but usually it plays tough but fair.

** Someone will throw in a mad score now that ive said that. :D

Athlone - have you had many rounds without losing a ball in run up ?. :p

Advertisement