Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society Outing - Dundrum House Hotel Golf & Leisure Resort 23rd May

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Overall a good day, managed to get myself a prize (seen the hate in some eyes with the newbie getting a prize :) will do my best to get to the curragh.

I was just about to go back in and edit my last post to give you a mention but the Wifi signal died a death, then the phone died... running around the hotel now to get a signal, bloody eurovision on in the bar! arggh!

I think it was great to see the newby getting into the prizes, so well done Buddy Holly
    I think we might have him hooked now lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

paulos53 wrote: »
    I still have it. I will give it to you at the next outing

I wont be at it. Will have to be Killeen :)

Rikand wrote: »
    I wont be at it. Will have to be Killeen :)

Jaysus, crack them open paulos, we might need a few of them around the curragh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Another great day with boards golfers. Thanks to Seve again (and your little helpers)
    Played with Kiers & Buddy Holly. They were fantastic company and I think its fair to say that between the three of us we had all types of golf covered. Kiers had a mare of a day, in fact I was beginning to wonder jyst how many balls he had actually brought with him. To his credit he remained in good spirits and the eternal optimist. Buddy played fantastic golf with great consistency and for someone new to the game his potential and ability is obvious, hope you keep it up.
    My own game was good off the tee boxes but went downhill from there, I didn't like the greens so thats my excuse - its never my fault. Anyway was happy enough withmy final score but would love to have another crack at it.
    Thanks for the great day lads

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

Well what a difference a year makes this time last year was celebrating my 44 points in ballykisten and today struggled to make 30 felt like 20:(. Well done recycled sure to be contending for player of the year. Looks like i have being keeping my luck this year for the lucky dip that's the 3rd one believe i missed a fourth in tullamore:).
    I must say course was lovely thought it was similar to carlow/portumna a bit. thanks to the captain for all his hard work and well done on the longest drive and a great score by bogieman of 37pt which was the top visitors score and well done boardsie on some great drives and having a birdy chance on the 1st after confessing to being nervous on the 1st tee.
    Fixit reckons he has the curragh in the bag :) but i should have my gearbox fixed at virtual home venue to give him a run for his money;).
    ps still awaiting 2euro captain:D

• Advertisement

Jaysus . We are blessed with weather again.

No wind . Still enough.

42 - needed for a win my guess.

I'll be happy with a top 10.

Psychic Fix !!!!!!

Psychic Fix !!!!!!
    A man of many talents our fix:)

My prediction spain/lithuania 80/1 to win eurovision:cool:

tigerwood1 wrote: »

FDP often copied, never equalled ....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Fdp isn't online , he's gone to Coppers to get a few shots:

I'll get me coat lol

Kiers had a mare of a day, in fact I was beginning to wonder jyst how many balls he had actually brought with him.

Just burst out laughing when I read that, I felt all the heads turn around to look at me! He brought 2 dozen to kerry last week!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sweden have it.

Sweden have it.
    It's a ripoff of david guetta hit 10/11 not worth a bet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Hey, gambling talk.......:) :)

:P :P

Thanks to all for coming for another great day out, super course and one i cant wait to play again. From the word go the trip down felt like 5 mins with the crack and banter. You missef it Rikand!!
    As for my golf, talk about a round of two halves!! 13 front, 22 back!! Drove the ball great for most of my round but was let down badly with my <70m approach shots. Pulled every one left. Putter was ice cold for a while too, if it behaved a bit better on the back 9 but christ i missed so many par putts it wasnt funny!!!

Still i was playing golf on a great course, in great company and thats all that matters!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

What can I say, I got the rub of the green today. My target was to keep an 8 off my card and things just went my way.
    My playing partners Roadrunner & Ballyk played great stuff but the putts would not drop for them. They were great company which made the day, and the terrific weather was perfect. I'm not sure if the tiger1 still has the hunger to win, he has got so used to picking up a prize at every event in the quick pick it my be taking his edge :P.

This is the shortest golfing outing trip for me only 1 1/2 hours to drive, which is much appreciated. Excellent timing for the outing with the Pierce Purcell competition, the course was manicured for the competition. Club house facilities were great and the bar food went down well.
    Paulos53 academy coaching is starting to work(if I keep taking the black tablets):D.

My thanks to all involved in organising the event (the background team) a job well done.
    Special mention to SOB for his military precision setting up the timetables, prizes etc..:cool::eek:

Sweden have it.

on a roll now to to predict player of year and jug winner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

on a roll now to to predict player of year and jug winner ?

Me and me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Rikand wrote: »
    Not surprised to see Recycled pick up another win at the boards.ie society outings. He played great in Roscrea last year and he deserved another win :D

We have to team up again at the next outing, enjoyed the last outing

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Thanks to seve and everyone who helped out for another great outing and a smashing course. Will definitely be taking another trip down that way to play it again. Course knowledge is a must. Didn't have a clue how to play most holes and the driver would just not behave. Had 3 scratches in the first 5 holes so knew it was over then, but manged to battle back on the back 9 to come in with 34. Thanks to my playing partners Shauna and The Champ . Some great golf played in between all the bad but we managed to have a bit of Craic going round. See yous in the Curragh.

• Advertisement

Here's the official results folks. Well done once again to all the winners

18054935351_3834b2a79b_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Once again a great day out in the society. very enjoyable from the moment Charlie collected me, banter central in the car as usual.

Unfortunately the golf didn't match the great day and savage track that is Dundrum!

Finished well outside the top boys although hitting the ball well a few unlucky breaks meant a poor score. My balls loved the water !

Had loads of fun with The Champ and 3putt going around. Shot of the day has to go to 3 putt who hit driver, 3 wood to about 5 feet on 16/17 I think can't remember the hole cause I was so in awe of the shot :p

Well done to seve and his little helpers and everyone else who help to organise the outing. Congrats to recycled on a savage score too. See y'all in the curragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

How on earth did Kiers win Booby prize.

I mean that was one of the best course guides we ever got for any course.

Sorry buddy - we seriously need a report on that. :D:P

Did hear you at turn at top of hill, you must of hit a tree about 8 times, was counting the branches. :)

Its hard to name any one thing that went wrong. You know the way they say the wheels came off. Ill put it this way the wheels were never on for this round. My driving was the main problem. As well as that i really couldn't catch a break. But i cant blame that. I just played utter sh*te. :eek::confused:.

I put it right in the medal yesterday though. Dont think ive ever played 2 more contrasting rounds in 2 days (Worst and best rounds of year in 2 days).

Enjoyed the stroll around all the same. Course was in great nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭athlone99

Great day out and a great course! the weather was fantastic as proven by my big red head after saturday (must invest in sun cream for the golf bag!!) had a very mixed round, distance control was all over the shop, driver work on about 4 holes which just gave me too much work! enjoyed the chat and the banter with MAFC and Tony, again two guys i hadnt played with before so was nice top get to know them!

Looking forward to the curragh now (hopefully i wont kill a sheep with a stray drive) and hopefully the weather will be as good! Well down Seve and the committe again, it was a great day out!!

Also cheers Charlie for the lift and enjoyed the banter with Shauna in the car!

roll on the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭doublecross

A big thanks to Seve and the committee for all their hard work. Great day out.

Had the pleasure of playing with post punk and golfgraffix. We all played fairly well on the front 9 but myself and post punk unravelled on the back 9. At least we didn't drag golfgraffix down with us.
    I had high hopes on Saturday, it's the only course on the rota that I've played before but unfortunately my iron play fell apart but at least the weather held up.

Some big courses coming up, looking forward to the run in.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Its hard to name any one thing that went wrong. You know the way they say the wheels came off. Ill put it this way the wheels were never on for this round. My driving was the main problem. As well as that i really couldn't catch a break. But i cant blame that. I just played utter sh*te. :eek::confused:.

I put it right in the medal yesterday though. Dont think ive ever played 2 more contrasting rounds in 2 days (Worst and best rounds of year in 2 days).

Enjoyed the stroll around all the same. Course was in great nick.

The cider must have done the trick so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Big thanks to Seve OB and the other committee members on another great event, fantastic course and great company, cheers to keano and Paulos. I really enjoyed the day, it helped that my golf wasn't to bad either :)

Advertisement