Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

I wouldnt have any issue with keeping him either tbh, just seems LVG doesnt rate him and Id hate to see such a likeable guy as him rot on the bench for the next 10 months.

I agree. I thought he was hard done by when Moyes was manager. It was stupid to see him get 5 minutes at the end of games week in week out. But he has a great record for us and I'd prefer him over Wilson right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Thinking of getting mutv for the pre season friendlies, does any one know if there is a min time frame on it or can I cancel after 1 month?

Monthly afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Haha sold in secret. Christ, they really sell to the lowest common denominator.
    Even if they did do it in 'secret', they can't send can persie off somewhere he dosent want to go.

All they can do is accept a bid for him and let him talk to the club if he is interested, like usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

But it's in quotation marks and has @alexshawespn, which I assume is his twitter so I looks like it's Alex shaw quoting someone

It's someone quoting him in a response.

I even went to check it out, for shame.

It's someone quoting him in a response.

I even went to check it out, for shame.

How can someone who supposedly work in sports be so clueless?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Haha sold in secret. Christ, they really sell to the lowest common denominator.
    Even if they did do it in 'secret', they can't send can persie off somewhere he dosent want to go.

All they can do is accept a bid for him and let him talk to the club if he is interested, like usual.

Could be a new tv show? Cameras jump out at the end and surprise him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Morning all,
    I think we might see a signing today...
    I'm basing this on no facts at all other than a feeling in me waters... look at Depay got done and dusted before we even knew it.. I think Ed is going to make us all smile
    Get the gifs at the ready
    #choo****ingchoo #PositivityTrain

How can someone who supposedly work in sports be so clueless?

Oh but you see, tweets and jurnalism are mutually exclusive. Don't judge him on his tweets.

He said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

brinty wrote: »
    Morning all,
    I'm basing this on no facts at all other than a feeling in me waters... look at Depay got done and dusted before we even knew it.. I think Ed is going to make us all smile

Metro might use you as one of their sources :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/man-united-agree-24-8m-fee-for-quick-transfer-announcement-within

AS in Spain say United will sell De Gea for £24.8 million, deal to be completed in the next three days, and the goodwill from United will help in a deal for Ramos.
    De Gea is desperate as he doesn't fancy a return to Carrington on Monday.

As for Ramos, SW say:
    AS reckon that Sergio Ramos won't be part of any deal but do say that the goodwill created over a De Gea transfer could mean Madrid are more likely to sell him to Manchester United, and that could be a lever to help rush through the De Gea deal before the end of the weekend. Edward Woodward would surely want something a little bit more concrete than the idea of goodwill.

• Advertisement

Morning all,

Can we at least wait until I get home at 5 ish? I can whip out my gif library then.
    If nothing has happened by 5:01, we can freak out, while ed heads on home for some steak and chips, maybe a nice red? oblivious to the trauma and stress he is causing people.

RobertKK wrote: »
    http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/man-united-agree-24-8m-fee-for-quick-transfer-announcement-within

AS in Spain say United will sell De Gea for £24.8 million, deal to be completed in the next three days, and the goodwill from United will help in a deal for Ramos.

As for Ramos, SW say:

No wonder! Imagine being Matas friend and telling him to his face youre going to move!

I'd say VG is hoping to hold onto him until training starts and everytime DDG wants to discuss leaving he'll just bring Mata into the room :pac:

As for Ramos, SW say:

£25m I'd take that right now if it meant we could start getting our summer deals rolling. I'd like to get more but its unlikely. I know DDG is worth a lot more but he has us over a barrel on this if we're being honest. I'd love to stick it to Real but can't see it happening.

As far as goodwill goes RM can FRO...

There's no deal for United being done with Ramos being concluded at the same time. Simple as that.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    No wonder! Imagine being Matas friend and telling him to his face youre going to move!

I'd say VG is hoping to hold onto him until training starts and everytime DDG wants to discuss leaving he'll just bring Mata into the room :pac:

And Herrera and Ramos,
    Get Ramos to tell him tales of Real :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

25million would be a good price for DDG imo. Last year of his contract, clearly isn't going to sign a new one. Its a fair price, imo.

You just know we will agree to sell DDG and then Madrid will tell us to get stuffed on any enquiry we make for any of their players - sure Ramos will probably sign a new contract with in minutes of DDG being confirmed!

25million would be a good price for DDG imo. Last year of his contract, clearly isn't going to sign a new one. Its a fair price, imo.

You just know we will agree to sell DDG and then Madrid will tell us to get stuffed on any enquiry we make for any of their players - sure Ramos will probably sign a new contract with in minutes of DDG being confirmed!

That's why we should be getting contracts signed for both players at the same time ;)
    If not no deal from our side...
    Play hard ball with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Blx4ScUCEAA9KXl.png

All the talk of DDG not wanting to report for pre-season - and there has been talk of that for a couple of weeks - really paints him as a total coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

All the talk of DDG not wanting to report for pre-season - and there has been talk of that for a couple of weeks - really paints him as a total coward.

Or he's thinking i don't want to go back and have all my pals and the fans think im staying only for me to leave the following week.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/616338511227174912

The BBC and their strange United team for next season...

De Gea----
    Ramos--Otamendi--Rojo--Blind
    Schneiderlin--Herrera--Mata
    Depay--Rooney--Di Maria

I'm not a football manager or an expert, but even I can see many glaring errors in that...

• Advertisement

Or he's thinking i don't want to go back and have all my pals and the fans think im staying only for me to leave the following week.

The phrasing I have seen is that he didn't want to 'front up' at training, and was fully sure the deal would be completed well before pre-season. I don't know his actual reasons for not wanting to return to pre-season but my guess would be wanting to steer clear of providing false hope would be a long shot.

Is this an actual quote from him? I doubt it very much.
    This 'talk', where is it from? Not from him anyway.

Or maybe it's an unaffliliated quote attributed to him by using certain words in the sentence like our sources, we understand, etc etc.
    you need to look at the sentence structure they use. They use words with emotion.
    They want you to believe all this hearsay.

What?

Because Mata will start crying and he'd feel guilty?

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/616338511227174912

The BBC and their strange United team for next season...

De Gea----
    Ramos--Otamendi--Rojo--Blind
    Schneiderlin--Herrera--Mata
    Depay--Rooney--Di Maria

I'm not a football manager or an expert, but even I can see many glaring errors in that...

could see the midfield (assuming schneiderlin sits and herrera and mata support the front line)and forward line but yeah i doubt we would be buying ramos to stick him at rb :P

Seemingly PSG have had their FFP restrictions removed - so expect stories of Di Maria to leave to ramp up massively in the next few weeks.

We'd be fools to sell him.

I would love to get Veratti off them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Seemingly PSG have had their FFP restrictions removed - so expect stories of Di Maria to leave to ramp up massively in the next few weeks.

Or pastore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I'd hate to be the type of person who believes every negative thing written in the rags to be true, and to then use that to judge people.

What a bitter and sad existence that would be.

The phrasing I have seen is that he didn't want to 'front up' at training, and was fully sure the deal would be completed well before pre-season. I don't know his actual reasons for not wanting to return to pre-season but my guess would be wanting to steer clear of providing false hope would be a long shot.

But who phrased it? Hard/impossible to believe any of the rubbish put out in the media.

I'd say there's at least as much chance of him not wanting to create false hope and tarnish his legacy as there is of him being afraid to ‘front up'. Who's going to tackle him on it? The captain? :p If Madrid ever came calling he would've used a paddle boat to get over to Espana if that's what it took.

Yeah Veratti's been brilliant any time I've seen him but that's be no more than 7 or 8 times but he looks a star.

As for Do Maria i think he deserves a chance to prove himself but at the same time if PSG offer something obscene we wouldn't be fools to sell him.

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    Or pastore

Really? I keep hearing about this lad bit only time he seems to do any way well when i seen him was coming off the bench for 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

L'Equipe and Le Parisien reporting ADM tops PSG's wanted list with the FFP restrictions lifted. The Telegraph also claiming it

He has been a been disappointment in all honesty

Yeah Veratti's been brilliant any time I've seen him but that's be no more than 7 or 8 times but he looks a star.

As for Do Maria i think he deserves a chance to prove himself but at the same time if PSG offer something obscene we wouldn't be fools to sell him.

I just think it sends a really odd message to sell a massive star after just one season, where he was fecked around by tactics as much as anything else. It could mean we loose loads of cash on him in 12 months time after he performs poorly again - but surely ADM is the type of player and signing we have to try show a bit of faith in. Of course, if he is pissing and moaning in the background agitating for a move himself, then it is an entirely different scenario.

If he is happy to stay and try to prove himself, we should give him the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

some weight behind the van persie story id say but nothing that hasn't happened before.

van Persie has even said its up to his wife where his next move is so he obviously knows the club would like to ship him out, whether than happens or not is another story

bangkok wrote: »
    some weight behind the van persie story id say but nothing that hasn't happened before.

van Persie has even said its up to his wife where his next move is so he obviously knows the club would like to ship him out, whether than happens or not is another story

If we are looking to move on RVP, there must be a new striker coming in. Cavani swapping with ADM maybe?

I've argued against an expensive, elite level, striker signing, but if RVP is leaving we have to bring in someone of a quite high standard.

Talk Wilson is a loan target for a few clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Who should replace Di Maria if he leaves?
    Griezmann?
    Pedro?
    Give Januzaj or Lingard more game time?

• Advertisement

Godot. wrote: »
    Griezmann?
    Pedro?

Lingard isn't close to being good enough, imo. Will be an average PL player, at best (imo).

In terms of first choice, maybe Depay is already in to replace him - with Mata retaining his place on the right side, Rooney through the centre. Januzaj taking ADMs spot on the bench.

Another target it Bernard Silva, maybe. Has had an excellent U21 tournament with Portugal and was being linked with us prior to the tournament, iirc. Pieira had a great U20 tournement with Brazil too, so maybe there can be an eye towards bringing him on to first team level, having just got him to sign a new contract.

Griezmann?
    Pedro?

if they want di maria i'd want lucas or pastore in return plus cash

Griezmann?
    Pedro?

We get the Reus rumours going again?

If we are looking to move on RVP, there must be a new striker coming in. Cavani swapping with ADM maybe?

I've argued against an expensive, elite level, striker signing, but if RVP is leaving we have to bring in someone of a quite high standard.

Talk Wilson is a loan target for a few clubs.

be crazy to get rid of di Maria, I don't think they will either. He is showing his class again at Copa America and when on form is in the top 10 players in the world. He adds pace to the side as well which is crucial.

Yea we will be buying a striker either way I would think. Giggs has even said in a recent interview they want to strengthen the spine of the team, ie new centre back, new centre midfielder and a new striker

I just think it sends a really odd message to sell a massive star after just one season, where he was fecked around by tactics as much as anything else. It could mean we loose loads of cash on him in 12 months time after he performs poorly again - but surely ADM is the type of player and signing we have to try show a bit of faith in. Of course, if he is pissing and moaning in the background agitating for a move himself, then it is an entirely different scenario.

If he is happy to stay and try to prove himself, we should give him the chance.

Yeah, and he said he wants to stay.
    I agree the tactics last season were built around the fact our defense was poor and our midfield not strong enough.
    I hope he stays, get in the right players and Di Maria will be back to his best.
    I would only be happy for him to move if we got someone like Thomas Muller in return.
    Both are excellent players and Di Maria did seem to be affected by the burglar in his home and around the same time he got injured.

• Advertisement

What?

Because Mata will start crying and he'd feel guilty?

Yes. I was joking btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

be crazy to get rid of di Maria, I don't think they will either. He is showing his class again at Copa America and when on form is in the top 10 players in the world. He adds pace to the side as well which is crucial.

The problem is will we see him on form again. I love ADM and cheerleaded his signing last year but the bloke has looked completely and utterly miserable at the club. I've never seen such a drop in standards from a player. If he continues to be so miserable that he can't find a simple 10 yard pass then the club should just cut its losses. Hopefully he decides to give it another season and we see the real ADM.

The problem is will we see him on form again. I love ADM and cheerleaded his signing last year but the bloke has looked completely and utterly miserable at the club. I've never seen such a drop in standards from a player. If he continues to be so miserable that he can't find a simple 10 yard pass then the club should just cut its losses. Hopefully he decides to give it another season and we see the real ADM.

he is back to his best form now at Copa America.

He also knows Manchester now, knows what it takes to play in the premier league. im gonna say it now, if we get the right players in this season, di Maria will be PFA player of the year next year. BOOM

Yes. I was joking btw.

Phew.

I wondered if it was a thing..that Mata struck fear into people. Ell oh ell.

We get the Reus rumours going again?

But Reus is a CM....
    Di maria is a wide attacking player!!!!

If PSG want him, we'll take Lucas and Pastore and cash

LVG launching a 50m bid for Muller according to the independent. They're about as reliable as the mirror and co or have they more credibility?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/louis-van-gaal-launches-50-million-bid-for-bayerns-thomas-muller-31346329.html

But Reus is a CM....
    Di maria is a wide attacking player!!!!

If PSG want him, we'll take Lucas and Pastore and cash

Reus is a CM? Ya what?

LVG launching a 50m bid for Muller according to the independent. They're about as reliable as the mirror and co or have they more credibility?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/louis-van-gaal-launches-50-million-bid-for-bayerns-thomas-muller-31346329.html

Mueller to United would make me and Kew very happy… High fives and bewbs gifs at the ready…. if that transfer comes off the girls will be out for sure..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

he is back to his best form now at Copa America.

Which isn't being played in Manchester.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement