Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    Le10 Sport saying £22 million is the fee for Lacazette from Lyon,they may be more willing to let him join United over PSG.

Please, please, please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The most we can hope for today on current form is a point because we can't score. Would like to see Rooney dropped today. He's been septic the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Van Gaal said during the week that he wants a right sided (I presume he means footed) holding midfielder so I don't think that we will be waiting long for a new DM

We were linked with Nainggolan earlier in the year and I wouldn't object, I saw a stat that he's been the best tackler in Serie A the past 5 seasons which is fairly impressive, he gets a lot of credit for enabling Roma's flowing attack too, Schneiderlin would be an option although Southampton players haven't been doing too well after leaving the club

One to watch is the Brazilian Allan off Udinese, two footed can see a pass but is a beast of a tackler too, I'd be surprised if he isn't playing for a big European club next season. Probably Juve if one of theirs leaves

Nainggolan is decent, but nothing special imo. I wouldn't be surprised if he could fit into doing a very specific job in a Van Gaal team. But I doubt that would be as a DM, he likes to battle all over the pitch rather than hold deep from what I've seen. I don't think he's ever played that holding role, so there'd be a bit of risk as to whether he could adapt. And since he doesn't offer much goal threat I doubt he'd fit well with Herrera as one of the two more advanced CMs.

I'd be disappointed if we signed Schneiderlin, his first touch and close control are very ordinary.

I haven't seen Allan, must have a watch of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

glued wrote: »
    The most we can hope for today on current form is a point because we can't score. Would like to see Rooney dropped today. He's been septic the past few weeks.

He's been good when played up front. Just play him up front or not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Le10 Sport saying £22 million is the fee for Lacazette from Lyon,they may be more willing to let him join United over PSG.

31 goals in 38 games.
    8 assists.

23 years old, part of the French influx...hopefully
    Sign him and we will need Pogba and Laporte so he has people he knows...maybe Lloris if De Gea returns home to Spain :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Pro. F wrote: »
    Nainggolan is decent, but nothing special imo. I wouldn't be surprised if he could fit into doing a very specific job in a Van Gaal team. But I doubt that would be as a DM, he likes to battle all over the pitch rather than hold deep from what I've seen. I don't think he's ever played that holding role, so there'd be a bit of risk as to whether he could adapt. And since he doesn't offer much goal threat I doubt he'd fit well with Herrera as one of the two more advanced CMs.

I'd be disappointed if we signed Schneiderlin, his first touch and close control are very ordinary.

I haven't seen Allan, must have a watch of him.

Would love us to sign Nainggolan but he definitely wouldn't be for the holding role. He's more for the Herrera or Fellaini position. He's got a great engine to get around the field and provide support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

With talk of Naingolan, Pogba etc and the holding role - it is worth noting that according to LVG himself there are two versions of the 433 formation he prefers.

The is the 433 with the defensive aspect - Carrick in the holding role as an example. Then he has the 433 with a number 10 instead of the holding player.

It is possible that LVGcould look for a strong, battling midfielder to add to the midfield which would (possibly) allow him to play the more attacking 433 which we haven't really seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Unconfirmed reports Di Maria isn't in the squad through injury..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Us Waterford men must stick together after Kyrogen left us

And this place is worse off for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Wasn't in the training Video at all on Facebook, thats what i took from the video, probably where there reports are stemming from

• Advertisement

I'd worry that there could be a few "injuries" between now and the end of the season. Worry even the virus is basically a "I want to drop people and try new ones, but don't want people giving out I dropped players" cover story :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

How did we lose to this Everton team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

It is indeed inexplicable that we managed to lose heavily to this Everton team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They had 77% possession and lost 2-0. I'm starting to see a trend developing in the PL...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

they didn't play that badly against us - a lot of teams play better against us. Also, we conceded some stupid goals in the game, as we tend to do, and should have done better in the attacking third too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Was a smash and grab job. Two lucky goals and Everton should have had a pen and hit the post. Was just one of them days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If Fellaini had put away that chance against Everton it might have sparked the team into life,there was no life in the team team that day.

Thomas Muller rumours starting again, I think Van Gaal would prefer Muller over Bale due to their close friendship.
    Starting again due to Muller's reaction to be taken off in CL semi final amid talk that Muller and Pep don't get on well together.
    Plus the Telegraph reported earlier this year that Muller was open to moving abroad in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Just for the muppets:

TEAM8may15manutdv3-286181.jpg

It certainly looks a more manly team

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Interesting to hear LVG saying he was forced into signing Memphis Depay before the season ended because if they didn't move PSG/Pool would have signed him.

He seems worried that the signing could effect the form of some of the existing players who are looking ahead to the end of the season - in all certainty it seems there will be no more announcements before the window opens.. could very well explain the Ilkay Gundogan delay if indeed he is signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

He's had a shockingly bad season. Gotta feel sorry for him. Hopefully he can find his feet in the team but more importantly England and English culture and football etc. Right now he seems very out of it and out of place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The quicker the players around him the more effective Mata will be. He has a great eye for a pass and struggles in slow static build up play. I think he would be fantastic playing behind Rooney, Di Maria and Depay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I like Bale and think hes a super player but I think if theres a chance to get Muller thats who we should go for. A front 3 of Muller, Rooney and Depay would be awesome. Muller always gets goals and thats one thing we have lacked and I dont think he'd have the usual settling in period that most meditaranian/south american players need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wtf happened Di Maria that he's on crutches?(if true)

You have to wonder about all these constant injuries in the squad.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »

You have to wonder about all these constant injuries in the squad.

Phil Jones is back in training. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

adox wrote:

Where did ye see this?

Looks like top five will be wrapped up today anyway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Cleverley just scored for Villa. 3 in 3 for him now. Seems to be playing well under Sherwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Tomas Muller would be a fantasic signing but i couldnt see Pep letting him go. And i doubt there is any truth in it. Quality forward tho.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Phil Jones is back in training. :P

The interview J Marston posted earlier from Fellaini said how the players don't hold back in training and alot of the time they're limping but they carry on. Surely answers our questions and it probably is Jones injuring half of them :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I would love to sign Thomas Muller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Bring back Cleverley and save 80 million on buying Pogba.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Bring back Cleverley and save 80 million on buying Pogba.

Is he only on loan there??? Or was it a permanent deal. Can't remember

Is he only on loan there??? Or was it a permanent deal. Can't remember

Loan but his contract is up at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Cleverley just scored for Villa. 3 in 3 for him now. Seems to be playing well under Sherwood.

Annoying his contract is up, he would have been sold for 12-15 million on the back of this form

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just for the muppets:

TEAM8may15manutdv3-286181.jpg

Tbh if this was realistic then I'd just sell Rooney and stick Mata in a no.10.

Goals In Last 3 games:

Man Utd 0

T.Clev 3

CEkt3RFW8AAFnjv.jpg

Happy for TC23 but happier he is at Villa.

Goals In Last 3 games:

Man Utd 0

T.Clev 3

CEkt3RFW8AAFnjv.jpg

That picture gets me everytime

• Advertisement

Team news should be exciting.

CEkvzEQUsAIlvdK.jpg

CEkvzEQUsAIlvdK.jpg

No Di Maria

Blind in midfield!

No place at all for Van Persie is surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Happy enough with the team.

No Di Maria in the squad.

Was about to post that.

Maybe paying the penalty for the last game...

Hope Shaw has a good game and ends the season on a high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Well, its a battle between Falcao and RVP for the "under-performing striker" slot on the bench. Someone has to lose out.

• Advertisement

Might be out with that virus going around the team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement