Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pramerica job applicaiton - external ability test

Options
  • 08-05-2015 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

This might be a better thread for Jobs - but I thought I would try local knowledge first.

I recently submitted a job application to Pramerica. It's within the 'operations' department and according to their website I will need to complete an ability test which will be sent from their "external test provider".

Has anyone been through this process?? I presume this will be an aptitude test?? How long did you have to wait for this test information coming through??

many thanks in advance for any information

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I did it a couple of months ago - it's all online from your own computer. As I remember, you are given several different tasks including mocked up phone calls where you have to select the correct answers from a list, but I found it tricky (I failed!) but you may find it easy - but pay carerful attention to the information they give you.
    You will also be against the clock, which is where I fell down.
    I cannot remember the exact detail now and have since landed a similar role at Allstate, which was a more hands on test with a real phone call to complete.
    Good luck with the test, and they come around every three months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RCOR

Thanks so much for that. It's what I thought might be the case.....or aptitude test. Not sure I'll fair any better. It's always difficult when doing a task like that under 'exam' pressure.

At least I know what to expect.

Best of luck with your new role.

You're welcome and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anyone know if they are good to work for? career progression, salary etc?

I have a friend working there, he seems to enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

I was asking a friend about working there, it seems to be good.

They were listed in the Great Places to work survey for this year. Salaries a little lower than say in Dublin, but cost of living in LK is substantially cheaper - so it probably evens out.

Staff retention is fairly good, according to him.

It is such a big place, I'm sure certain areas are better than others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RCOR

Thank you SalonFire. I haven't heard anything further from them so not sure I'm what they are looking for:-( I'm sure with that general 'operations' type jobs they are inundated with applications.

Oh well. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

zweton wrote: »
    anyone know if they are good to work for? career progression, salary etc?
    Salary wouldn't be what you'd expect, especially if you're coming from Dublin/Limerick/Galway, etc. It's not the worst place, I'd say.

One thing you'd have to bear in mind is that the normal working hours will be 1pm-9pm. There are definitely shifts and departments outside of this, but the business core hours are East Coast US working hours.

Advertisement