Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAN Number

Options
  • 08-05-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

I'm having huge issues with Eircom and therefore looking to jump ship to another provider. I'm having great difficulty getting the UAN number that my potential broadband provider needs.

I'll try and keep the story brief (although I'll no doubt fail), basically, I have been with Eircom for about 9-10 months (I was a NGB customer). I never had any issues until I moved house. 

About 6 weeks ago, I rang Eircom up to notify them of the changing of my address (this was due to happen two weeks later). I decided that I would upgrade my current account to a fibre broadband account, meaning I essentially had to enter a new contract. I gave them my details and they told me they'd send an engineer out shortly after I moved in and he would set-up my fibre.

Fast forward two weeks to the day the engineer comes out. I get a phonecall telling me that he was obviously given the wrong address and he is now at some randomers house. It transpired that someone at Eircom took my address down wrong. I ring them up and they tell me they have to cancel the order and put in a new one with the correct address. I try to re-order the package there and then but after 20 minutes of giving information to close the sale (DOB, Address and other information) he asks me for my bank account information to set up a DD. He tells me he does not have access to the DD details attached to the previous NGB account. I do not have my bank details on me as I'm at work.

In the mean time, the engineer has found my proper address and has gotten to work. 

When I arrive home, I see that the fibre broadband is now working so I assume eircom have sorted the problem for me on their end and I thank my lucky stars.

About 10 days week after that, my internet stopped working. I rang Eircom up, they told me the issue had not been resolved and that I still have to re-order it. They tell me they also de-activated the line and that an engineer would need be sent out. They told me this would take over a week and that after that I would be able to order the broadband (which of course would take another week). I was livid to say the least. After ringing working everyday for over a week, and constantly being passed about from department to department,  I eventually convinced them to send out an engineer to activate the line free of charge, and allow me to move to a different proivider without incurring any penalties for cancelling my contract before the 12 month period.

The engineer was out 2 days ago and activated my phone line. He was successful. I rang up Sky about getting fibre with them and they tell me they need a UAN number from Eircom. I've rang Eircom about 3-4 times not over the last few days asking for it and they're all telling me that both my previous accounts with Eircom are closed (Fibre and NGB) and they can not see my UAN on their system, ring back tomorrow and speak to Dept X, they may have that info.  

I need resolution of this issue. Both my and my partners work require internet access.

What I want to know is, how do I get my UAN number? And who do I speak to and what details do I need to confirm that I will not be charged for prematurely breaking the contract.

Since my address had been taken down wrong, some random family has been recieving all my Eircom mail and I therefore have no information re: Fibre account number, billing, etc. 

Please help. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I'm having huge issues with Eircom and therefore looking to jump ship to another provider. I'm having great difficulty getting the UAN number that my potential broadband provider needs.

I'll try and keep the story brief (although I'll no doubt fail), basically, I have been with Eircom for about 9-10 months (I was a NGB customer). I never had any issues until I moved house. 

About 6 weeks ago, I rang Eircom up to notify them of the changing of my address (this was due to happen two weeks later). I decided that I would upgrade my current account to a fibre broadband account, meaning I essentially had to enter a new contract. I gave them my details and they told me they'd send an engineer out shortly after I moved in and he would set-up my fibre.

Fast forward two weeks to the day the engineer comes out. I get a phonecall telling me that he was obviously given the wrong address and he is now at some randomers house. It transpired that someone at Eircom took my address down wrong. I ring them up and they tell me they have to cancel the order and put in a new one with the correct address. I try to re-order the package there and then but after 20 minutes of giving information to close the sale (DOB, Address and other information) he asks me for my bank account information to set up a DD. He tells me he does not have access to the DD details attached to the previous NGB account. I do not have my bank details on me as I'm at work.

In the mean time, the engineer has found my proper address and has gotten to work. 

When I arrive home, I see that the fibre broadband is now working so I assume eircom have sorted the problem for me on their end and I thank my lucky stars.

About 10 days week after that, my internet stopped working. I rang Eircom up, they told me the issue had not been resolved and that I still have to re-order it. They tell me they also de-activated the line and that an engineer would need be sent out. They told me this would take over a week and that after that I would be able to order the broadband (which of course would take another week). I was livid to say the least. After ringing working everyday for over a week, and constantly being passed about from department to department,  I eventually convinced them to send out an engineer to activate the line free of charge, and allow me to move to a different proivider without incurring any penalties for cancelling my contract before the 12 month period.

The engineer was out 2 days ago and activated my phone line. He was successful. I rang up Sky about getting fibre with them and they tell me they need a UAN number from Eircom. I've rang Eircom about 3-4 times not over the last few days asking for it and they're all telling me that both my previous accounts with Eircom are closed (Fibre and NGB) and they can not see my UAN on their system, ring back tomorrow and speak to Dept X, they may have that info.  

I need resolution of this issue. Both my and my partners work require internet access.

What I want to know is, how do I get my UAN number? And who do I speak to and what details do I need to confirm that I will not be charged for prematurely breaking the contract.

Since my address had been taken down wrong, some random family has been recieving all my Eircom mail and I therefore have no information re: Fibre account number, billing, etc. 

Please help. 
    Hi AtticusFinch86

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. If you would like to PM me your account number and the address of where the recent line was activated I will be happy to look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement