Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypoallergenic makeup

Options
  • 08-05-2015 2:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9

Hello, I have the most ridiculously sensitive skin and lately have been breaking out a lot around my eyes. Doctor recommended hypoallergenic makeup and before I start spending every cent on whatever the internet suggests I was hoping maybe someone out there has some experience with hypoallergenic brands. Or a makeup artist could share some secret knowledge?
    My research so far leads me to understand hypoallergenic is a term loosely used by makeup brands but doesn't neseciarly mean they've been opthomologist or dermatologist approved.
    Anyway, hopefully someone out there knows what'll fix my poor eyes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

You're correct, hypoallergenic is over-used and just means a product doesn't contain known irritants. This should be true of all cosmetics really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 mkysct

Darn, my best bet is meeting someone who has a bit of experience in the world of sensitive eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

GloMinerals and Jane Iredale are the only two I know of. Antioxidant, antibacterial, and antinflammatory. We use GloMinerals in our skin clinic as it can be applied directly after chemical peels and such. Pure mineral formula, great for the most sensitive skins. I use it everyday im not sensitive but I am extremely oily so I use the pressed base powder foundation but they have nice liquid foundations too if your skin is normal or dry. Id never use anything else on my skin it actively heals my breakouts and if I wear a different foundation if im going out or something i would have blackheads the next day. Cant recommend this brand enough. I think you can buyonline at http://www.skinlogiconline.com/ and you can also find it in skin clinics.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭idek1

boots have a brand known as 'the natural collection' which is described as dermatological tested if you wanna give it a try. maybe try some lush mascara as its made of natural ingredients? hope you get sorted x

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Miss_Lauren

you could try mineral make-up. I have sensitive skin, and mild acne and my dermatologist recommended mineral make up which I have been using now for a year, and it has definitely improved my skin. I use the Bare Minerals range, but I'm sure other brands do mineral make up too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement