Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch glitch

Options
  • 08-05-2015 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Having fallen out with Bord Gais, today I decided to switch to Electric Ireland.
    When I enter my MPRN on the online application, my address is automatically entered but it is incorrect and not editable. Don't you want me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi MHP,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

For all electricity suppliers, the address information about a meter point reference number (known as the "site address"), which auto-populates a switch application, comes from the ESB Networks database.

The billing address can be different though, so we can input whichever billing address the customer would like. We can also send a query to ESB Networks to see whether they can change the site address.

Do let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Thanks Una. The address isn't actually incorrect, just incomplete. As I'll be signing up for online billing I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Another couple of questions, if I may.

When I am asked if I was previously a customer, does that include previous customers of ESB? Why do you want to know?

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Michael,

The billing address does default to the ESB Networks one, but if ever you would like the address for correspondence to be changed from that, we can carry this out no problem.

Yes, previous customers would include those who were last customers with Electric Ireland when it was ESB Customer Supply. This is asked because the account number from the time can be reused.

Thanks again for your interest in Electric Ireland. We are here on Boards.ie until 6pm if you have any further queries.

Regards,
    Una

I'm getting the definite impression that you don't want me as a customer. I can't get past page 2 of the sign-up process and no indication is given of the cause.
    If dealing with Electric Ireland is always this problematic, I'll have second thoughts.

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Good morning MHP,

We would only be able to assist you if you were to send us a private message. We would be happy to register you, but we can't take bank details over Boards. If you wish to apply for discounts, you can contact our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090 and they will be able to take all the details from you.

When a property is originally built and an electricity supply is sought for the first time, the application is made to ESB Networks regardless of your supplier. This is what my colleague is referring to. We can check the address the address of your MPRN if you private message us. Could you also supply us with the the RM serial number on your meter? We can use an alternative postal address if required, but we can't change the MPRN address as this is provided by ESB Networks. We may be able to log a request to change the address on our behalf if you confirm the RM Serial number, but we will only be able to do so once you are registered with us. If you wish to contact them directly about the address, you can call them on 1850 372 757.

We hope this clarifies matters for you.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement

I phoned ESB Networks and checked with them that they have the correct address. They do. I have double-checked all the information I entered on page 2 of the online application. Everything is correct.
    The only possible snag I can think of is that my gas meter was replaced with a newer model about 6 weeks ago. There are two meter numbers on my last gas bill (13 March) and on the Electric Ireland online application I entered the newer one.
    Could that be the problem?

Michael

Hi Michael,

It is possible that the details may not have been fully updated as this can take a few weeks. Gas Networks Ireland work for all gas suppliers and would all be responsible for the site address. We would be happy to check all details are up to date if you supply us by private message with your name, address, MPRN and GPRN. It would be very helpful if you could provide the serial number on the meters also. Alternatively, you can ring Gas Networks Ireland directly on 1850 200 694 to see what address they have for the property and to check that the new meter is showing on their system.

Regards,
    Aoife

Out of curiosity, I went through the switch application on the Energia site. No problem there. So I must conclude that there is something amiss with Electric Ireland's signup process. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Hi Michael,

We regret any difficulty you are having. However, we have no way of knowing what is causing the issue you are encountering without further information. We would happy to help. Just send us the details as requested above by private message.

Regards,
    Aoife

Hi Michael,

We regret any difficulty you are having. However, we have no way of knowing what is causing the issue you are encountering without further information. We would happy to help. Just send us the details as requested above by private message.

Regards,
    Aoife
    PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 danielek

BTW It's been almost 2 years and the glitch is still there - first line of my address not filled in, but works with e.g. energia switch form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi danielek,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Have you completed a switch to Electric Ireland?

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 danielek

Hi danielek,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Have you completed a switch to Electric Ireland?

Thanks,
    Una
    Hi, I have, hope it gonna be fine even with an incomplete address. Sent a PM yesterday to Aoife regarding that case.

Advertisement