Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to Rome alone...where else?

• 08-05-2015 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I was thinking of going over to Italy by myself and would love to see Rome for at least 2 nights.

I'd like to go over for about a week in total and I won't have a huge amount of money to spend (I'll be looking at Air BnB for accommodation - any recommendations are very welcome!)

Where else would you recommend I visit, that is a decent enough distance from Rome and safe travelling for a girl who is alone and on a budget?
    I'm not broke but I'm by no means rich either!

I'm thinking of going at the end of September.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

First of all, it's Italy. Apart from some things I heard about Naples, you've nothing to worry about safety-wise beyond being silly and not watching your belongings.

Rome is nice, but you could consider a few days outside Rome, somewhere pleasant. There's a visit to some neighbouring provinces in the Apennines (where I haven't been), or you could visit the medieval hill-top town of Orvieto (sort of the Howth of Rome) or the ancient city of Perugia in Umbria, not far from Assisi.

I would recommend staying in Trastevere in Rome. It's a bit out, but there's no nightlife anywhere else in the city. It's more local and pleasant.

Enjoy!

Advertisement