Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signal Booster

Options
  • 08-05-2015 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

I'm curious is there any sort of a signal booster that can be got in Ireland for mobiles? Like a giant aerial or something you can attack to the chimney and it picks the reception and makes it stronger?

I know 3G ones and that are illegal I just mean something simple to make it stronger in weak areas of a house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Was just going to start a similar thread myself. I have seen these: vodafone sure signal but was wondering if anyone has anymore information on them. How well do they work? Can they be used with phones on different networks? ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Was just going to start a similar thread myself. I have seen these: vodafone sure signal but was wondering if anyone has anymore information on them. How well do they work? Can they be used with phones on different networks? ect.

I have one... they only work with VF accounts/SIMs, are 3G only, and you have to pre-register the numbers you want to use on their site above.

You also supposedly can't buy these 2nd hand (as I did) as they're registered to the original owner's address. In practise it works fine though, but I did get a bit of a telling off and a warning that issues won't be supported on their Talk To Forum.

Still, as I said in that thread, it seems to work fine regardless so that'll do me!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

I'm looking for similar for Meteor user... short of standing on your tippy toes, closing your left eye, and touching your nose while you make a call you wont get a signal in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

peustace wrote: »
    I'm looking for similar for Meteor user... short of standing on your tippy toes, closing your left eye, and touching your nose while you make a call you wont get a signal in the house.

I'm the same, trying to send an old school text is a nightmare, I was wondering would it be possible to get a universal signal booster because there's a mix of service providers used in the house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement