Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit limit increase

Options
  • 08-05-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

How do you get an increase in the limit on your credit card? are there any rules involved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Redo22, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie

Credit Card limit increase are reviewed on a case by case basis. To apply for a limit increase on your card please call Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 / +353 5677 57747 and a representative will be more than happy to assist you. 

Our representatives are available today from 8am to 6pm. For further contact information and opening hours please see here

We hope this helps and if we can assist with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us here again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

If you want an increase due to financial difficulty and that difficulty is evident in your recent interactions with the bank then expect them to say no. Your best bet would be the credit union in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Redo22

Thanks. Do you usually need to arrange a lot of paperwork like salary Cerys, bank statements etc or is it a decision made over the phone? I usually clear my card fully every month. Have a wedding coming up though and wanted the extra security of knowing that I could use my card if any unexpected costs arose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Redo22, 

Thank you for coming back to us and congratulations on your up coming wedding. 

As lending decisions are seen on a case by case basis and we do not have account access here, we would be unable to confirm if extra information will be required. Our Credit Card representatives will be happy to advise you if your application will require supporting documentation. 

We hope this helps. 
    Elaine 

Advertisement