Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got BTEA for a course and failed

Options
  • 08-05-2015 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Am I done with education now? What am I supposed to do? I won't be able to get BTEA again will I? Am I ****ed now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Below is info on repeating from the BTEA info on the DSP website. If you failed a complete course then you would need to discuss your options with your DSP/ESO or case officer.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Back-to-Education-Allowance-Scheme.aspx#1.15
    1.14.6 Repeat years:

BTEA participants who have to repeat a year of their course will continue to be paid the allowance for the repeat year. This is provided that the BTEA participant is registered and attending as a FULL-TIME student for the repeat year. Repeat students who register as external students, exam only students or part-time students for their repeat year are not eligible for the allowance. A person will only be allowed to repeat one academic year of their current course of study on the basis of exam failure and/or exceptional circumstances, evidence of such to be provided. e.g. due to illness, pregnancy, force majeure reasons.

It should be noted that single semesters of a course are not covered under BTEA.

A BTEA participant who fails and repeats an exam and who satisfies all other eligibility criteria for BTEA shall be allowed progress to the next year of their course of study. However, if there is a break of an academic year, they will be treated as new entrants for payment purposes.

Advertisement