Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Mahindra

Options
  • 08-05-2015 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Got offered a job here as a team leader. Don't know what to do, whether to accept it or not. Has anyone on here worked or currently work with this company? What are they like and is it a tough or easy number working there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Read your contract very well. Are you going in on team leaders wages or are you working towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I haven't heard great things anyway. I started in Rigney few weeks back and a few who started with me left there for Rigney.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

no advice or knowledge but id say its a tough environment to work in. hopefully you ll get some good advice from others. best of luck with your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Where abouts in Waterford are they after setting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Heathen wrote: »
    Where abouts in Waterford are they after setting up?

In the estate directly opposite the Whitfield clinic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Have an interview with them later this week. Was advised on the phone it will be an Assessment Centre which asses numeric and group skills in different scenarios. Anyone have any experience doing these Assessment Centre with them?

beya2009 wrote: »
    Have an interview with them later this week. Was advised on the phone it will be an Assessment Centre which asses numeric and group skills in different scenarios. Anyone have any experience doing these Assessment Centre with them?

I worked there for just over a year, never did any group scenarios in my interview, but the number test was a series of numbers and you had to circle the correct number, which was like the number numerically closest to the next or something.

I worked there for just over a year, never did any group scenarios in my interview, but the number test was a series of numbers and you had to circle the correct number, which was like the number numerically closest to the next or something.

Ah ok I was informed by email the assessment will be 3 hours so I would guess there will be a bit of everything. Do you remember if you had to bring a calculator for the numerical test? I'm doing some of the practice tests now and its much quicker with a calculator lol

Ah ok I was informed by email the assessment will be 3 hours so I would guess there will be a bit of everything. Do you remember if you had to bring a calculator for the numerical test? I'm doing some of the practice tests now and its much quicker with a calculator lol

3 hours is crazy unless they’ve added a lot since I interviewed! Think I was in and out within an hour.

Nope don’t think there was any need for calculators, don’t remember seeing anyone bring one either!

There was a mock call scenario I remember where a woman’s child used their phone to play apps and ended up making a tonne of in app purchases so you had to explain how you’d deal with that.

Anyone know if they give time and a half on Sundays and double time and a half on bank holidays? AOL used to do that but that was before the recession lol

• Advertisement

Anyone know if they give time and a half on Sundays and double time and a half on bank holidays? AOL used to do that but that was before the recession lol

Time and a half on Sundays alright. Think its double time on bank holidays if you're scheduled, if not, you get paid for it as a normal day.

It's like triple time for working on Christmas day I think.

Time and a half on Sundays alright. Think its double time on bank holidays if you're scheduled, if not, you get paid for it as a normal day.

It's like triple time for working on Christmas day I think.

Thanks for the useful info:) I got the job after so I'm delighted. Just out of interest why did you leave? I'm starting my training and it seems they have good progressive opportunities as some of the staff that started as customer agents are now team leaders and trainers. I would guess team leaders and trainers must be on at least €30k a year.

Thanks for the useful info:) I got the job after so I'm delighted. Just out of interest why did you leave? I'm starting my training and it seems they have good progressive opportunities as some of the staff that started as customer agents are now team leaders and trainers. I would guess team leaders and trainers must be on at least €30k a year.

Being brutally honest, the place wore me down, well the place and the job itself. I left as my mental health took a blow. It’s very unrewarding and there’s only so much **** you can take. I got fed up of being constantly watched and timed, while it’s borderline impossible to get a TL to take over a call for you so you’re often left on your own to deal with it. I worked there part time during college on customer care for Tesco mobile, the one good thing was the people I worked with were usually a great laugh.

I can vouch for progression tho I know a one or two who went progressed to TLs so the opportunity is there if you play your cards right. It can be very cliquey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Being brutally honest, the place wore me down, well the place and the job itself. I left as my mental health took a blow. It’s very unrewarding and there’s only so much **** you can take. I got fed up of being constantly watched and timed, while it’s borderline impossible to get a TL to take over a call for you so you’re often left on your own to deal with it. I worked there part time during college on customer care for Tesco mobile, the one good thing was the people I worked with were usually a great laugh.

I can vouch for progression tho I know a one or two who went progressed to TLs so the opportunity is there if you play your cards right. It can be very cliquey.

Would you ever get offensive and abusive calls? Would they be rare or often?

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Would you ever get offensive and abusive calls? Would they be rare or often?

Yeah I’ve had a few, I got told I was PERSONALLY being taken to court, I didn’t even hold back the laughing on that call. I mean, it depends on how well you handle people, I was very level headed and helped the customer as much as I could and just generally being honest with them helps.

There was one day I had 3 abusive calls in a row, I thought I must have been at some bad **** for that karma to come at me. Usually could go a few weeks without any real bad ones. Then others would get a few a week and it wouldn’t be unusual to hear a more argumentative agent arguing with their first caller at 8am on a Sunday morning. Sunday callers are a whole different breed tbf.

Thanks for sharing your experience:) Thankfully I'm on the tesco plc campaign which looks to be handier than the tesco mobile one. It seems the tesco mobile one gets trickier calls with billing and the technical side of things. I'm full time but I would imagine it would have been tough going working part time while in college. Everyone seems very sound which obviously helps. Funnily enough while I was listening to a call one irate customer told the agent to "**** off" and then hung up which really offended the agent lol

Thanks for sharing your experience:) Thankfully I'm on the tesco plc campaign which looks to be handier than the tesco mobile one. It seems the tesco mobile one gets trickier calls with billing and the technical side of things. I'm full time but I would imagine it would have been tough going working part time while in college. Everyone seems very sound which obviously helps. Funnily enough while I was listening to a call one irate customer told the agent to "**** off" and then hung up which really offended the agent lol

Oh m8 you've struck the jack pot. i think PLC is the best campaign to be on. Used to go down to the toilet after a head wrecking call and everyone down on the PLC end would be having a great laugh, envied them so much! Only thing about the campaign that sucks is the opening hours but it gets awfully quiet and down time is the best time.

Advertisement