Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eircom TV reception keeps freezing

Options
  • 08-05-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi there, for the last few weeks, we have noticed that the eVision reception keeps freezing, making the telly impossible to watch. The reception stalls for a few seconds and then it comes back to normal, only for the same thing to happen a few minutes later. I feel that it is more frequent at peak viewing times - in the evenings.

I hope you can help, it is v annoying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mags16 wrote: »
    Hi there, for the last few weeks, we have noticed that the eVision reception keeps freezing, making the telly impossible to watch. The reception stalls for a few seconds and then it comes back to normal, only for the same thing to happen a few minutes later. I feel that it is more frequent at peak viewing times - in the evenings.

I hope you can help, it is v annoying.
    Good morning mags16

I'm very sorry to hear that, to have an evision technical support representative investigate this please contact eircoms technical support department on free phone 1901 or via WebChat here: www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brenosullivan

Pity someone didn't update this thread.  Did you get it fixed???? Happening the whole time for me here too and it's driving me nuts.  How did you resolve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Same here.  I suspected wind-related interference on the incoming line initially, but this seems to be  a lot more widespread.  Is this a technology issue?

Eircom, your response to this and many other issues is sadly lacking - prospective customers take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

This generally happens when your internet bandwidth is too low or all being used up.

e-vision works in the same way as watching a youtube video on your laptop for example, the video can "buffer" on slower connections and that's what this freezing is. Its a bit of a disaster of a system given the network is filled with congestion and eircom just wont loosen the purse strings to upgrade the key links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Pity someone didn't update this thread.  Did you get it fixed???? Happening the whole time for me here too and it's driving me nuts.  How did you resolve it?
    Hi brenosullivan

Please contact eir technical support on Local 1890260260 - this should not be happening and an engineer will look in to this once you log it to technical support.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement