Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 8th May 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

People think he's a chugger.

What's a chugger??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I can't ever imagine being terrified of public speaking, doesn't phase me at all in the slightest thankfully.

Must be awful to totally clam up, makes whatever nerves you had starting off just multiply and make the whole situation worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Kean is a spoofer. Doesn't have a whole lot of money. It's all illusion...like his hideous fiancee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Lisa's watching at home

Jaysus, I dont know... She might have had an old friend around to metaphorically dance on her canvas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

edelweis wrote: »
    What's a chugger??

This...
    Licensed charity muggers with coloured tabards and clipboards laying in wait on every high street in the land to pounce on you and relieve you of your dosh by pressing all your guilt buttons and making you sign up to their cause.

Word first appeared in print in London newspaper METRO on 26 June 2002 in its creator Keith Barker-Main's SAY WHAT (New Words Around Town) column.

I was accosted in the street by no less than eight chuggers yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Bleak wrote: »
    This celebrity solicitor guy is surely the greatest clown in Irish life? There is a very large pot to choose from but he must be the worst no? An unbelievable idiot who gets an endless amount of free publicity from RTE.

Wait till Jason byrne is on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Here's the sad story...

That Gerald Kean is fair poured into those pants. Not pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Bleak wrote: »
    This celebrity solicitor guy is surely the greatest clown in Irish life? There is a very large pot to choose from but he must be the worst no? An unbelievable idiot who gets an endless amount of free publicity from RTE.

To be honest I completely disagree. The guy is a very well respected litigator. And he is a success at what he does and works and plays hard. Far from the worst out there.

He is a unique character and very "un Irish" but he saw a niche in the market and took it.

• Advertisement
    M

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Wait till Jason byrne is on

I'd say he will get the 23:35:59 slot :D

Does every guest have a dead relative or some illness to get a little sympathy? Do they imagine that people think "I hate him but he was sick so I must like him"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What's a chugger??

Charity Mugger .. one of those persistent types who you encounter/get in your way on the street and are determined to try and get cash out of you for whatever cause they're working for

Those pants.

My eyes.

Not good.

Lord jaysus, pass me the needle I'm gonna need it to get through this..

Is he dia-pathetic ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What's a chugger??

Charity mugger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

At least he didn't grow the mullet back.

A friend of mine has hired him for legal representation and he's very formidable apparently.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Charity Mugger .. one of those persistent types who you encounter/get in your way on the street and are determined to try and get cash out of you for whatever cause they're working for

Phew, that's ok so, I was worried I was opening a can of worms there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Rte created the interest. No one cares about this a hole

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

He was low and he needed insulin ??? WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

M

United will lose tomorrow and again to Arsenal on the 17th, Liverpool get 4th place, I was advised not to use the time machine for financial gain but feck it, might as well make a few bob out of it with the local bookies.

To be honest I completely disagree. The guy is a very well respected litigator. And he is a success at what he does and works and plays hard. Far from the worst out there.

He is a unique character and very "un Irish" but he saw a niche in the market and took it.

He is well respected for his charity, especially the penny dinners as I think it was called.

But he is a name dropper with a hunger for fame at whatever cost. He might be a great litigator but he comes across as someone who will do anything to stay in the papers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

What a complete fool. Oh I nearly died, ha ha. Moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Just missed the Gerald Kean interview ..... Evening all.

He should have turned around and asked Tubridy how was Aoibheann and himself getting on................

I feel kind of sorry for Lisa. She totally destroyed her face, she really must have awful confidence issues underneath all the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Great, I really need to hear this song again.

I can't imagine Liam Gallagher and Gerald Kean out on the lash together. What a weird coupling.

M

Meangadh wrote: »
    I feel kind of sorry for Lisa. She totally destroyed her face, she really must have awful confidence issues underneath all the show.

Yes I'd only get work done below, never above the waterline, too risky, it's still at the experimental stage some of the stuff they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

are Tubs's teeth getting bigger? :eek:

Oh get on with it Alexandra, you're eating in to Jason Byrne's two minutes here..

Berserker wrote: »
    Just missed the Gerald Kean interview ..... Evening all.

Showoff!!!:D

She looks a bit like a camel eating a eucalyptus tree when she goes for the shaky bits..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Can you imagine being a fly on the wall in that house Lisa the gold digger and him the fame monger yikes lol i reckon the ego's collide like super novas :)

M

Doesn't seem to be any misery slot penciled in this week, perhaps this is it.

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    He is well respected for his charity, especially the penny dinners as I think it was called.

But he is a name dropper with a hunger for fame at whatever cost. He might be a great litigator but he comes across as someone who will do anything to stay in the papers.

Sure let him at it. He isn't doing anyone any harm! Far worse out there as I said. He enjoys that life but calling him an "unbelievable idiot" for doing what he does and enjoying himself doing it is a tad OTT

That song has been used and abused for many a year. Nobody could sing it like Dolly Parton. I've always hated Whitney Houston's foghorn version, and I think this wan is going to do the same to it

Doesn't seem to be any misery slot penciled in this week, perhaps this is it.

Jason Byrne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

Just got here too, post Gogglebox. Evenin' all!

But damn this pesky ear-worm of a song.... I'll be singing it all weekend. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Can't stand her

Great, I really need to hear this song again.

Pointless, and not the Richard Osman/Alexander Armstrong kind

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Bleak

He recently lost a High Court appeal against finding of professional misconduct for being useless I believe.

I can only assume you work for RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Good singer, but so so sick of this song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That's an original song to hear her sing!

• Advertisement

God so awkward to have to sing to a track, during the instrumental bits you're just left standing there.

Bit boring but in fairness she is well able to sing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I hope i never hear that song again!!:rolleyes:

ronan45 wrote: »
    Can you imagine being a fly on the wall in that house Lisa the gold digger and him the fame monger yikes lol i reckon the ego's collide like super novas :)

I reckon they live in separate quarters.......... and I am being serious there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Time for Jason Byrnes Slot.... Que the Irish Cliches and OTT hi-jinks............ whens the irish the tour starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

From X-Factor, to international hit maker, to the LLS... and not even an interview after!

Hmm.. methinks her 15 mins may just be about over!

• Advertisement
Advertisement