Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown transaction

Options
  • 08-05-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey, I need help with something. I logged onto my online BOI account and noticed two transactions I can't seem to recall at all... does anyone know where they're from?

06/05/2015 P0405GB 55.59@ .734443 75.69
    06/05/2015 POS CHG GBP 55 1.51

Not overly worried about the second one, I think it may have been chewing gums... but can't remember for the life of me the first one, i've checked around the house and everything. It normally says the name of the shop but it didn't either.

I've emailed them but will be waiting for a while for an answer, in the meantime if anyone knows where its from, i'd be grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Someone paid with your card in UK or NI for £55.59.
    Second transaction are not chewing gums - it's your bank fee to convert € to £.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mel_f

Oh my god... so my account is jeopardized?! I was in neither of those places!! wtfffff, the bank is only open Monday! Are they even gonna give me my money back?! Thanks a lot for you reply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

From the Republic of Ireland From Abroad Call times
    Lost and stolen debit cards 1800 245 399 +44 131 549 8186 Open 24hrs a day
    Lost and stolen credit cards 1890 924 258 +44 126 850 0813 Open 24hrs a day
    Fraud helpline 1800 245 403 +44 125 230 8047 Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm
    Sat 8am - 6pm
    (except public holidays)

http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/advice-tools/phone-numbers.ashx

Fraud helpline is open on Saturdays 8am-6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mel_f

Thanks for all the help guys, was on the phone with BOI for a while and the guy was able to help me sort it out. Turns out urbanoutfitters decided to charge me now for an order I placed (and received!!) a month and a few days ago, without at least having the decency of giving me the heads up. Idk what went wrong the first time because the original transaction WAS showing up online when I placed my order, back then but isnt anymore so I had no idea I wasn't charged. Almost had a panic attack for nothing!! Thanks again, you guys have been great help! Just happy I haven't been hacked or anything phew...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement