Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vincent Browne - TV3 debate

Options
  • 08-05-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Well lads, I'm after searching so I hope I'm not repeating previous posts
    (Mods, please delete at discretion).

Vincent Browne will be in Waterford (Tower hotel) Monday 18th May Waterford "constituents welcome to attend #PeoplesDebate @TowerHotel Waterford audience to arrive at 7pm @TV3Ireland"

We're all vocal here, how many of us can actually put our skills in to practice?

This is a good chance to say whatever!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

id probably be arrested but thank you very much for this info

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    id probably be arrested but thank you very much for this info

Just don't use the word Taxpayer and you should be ok.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Just don't use the word Taxpayer and you should be ok.

hahaha jasus i wouldnt be saying much then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

How do you go!
    Do you just rock up or do you have to apply for tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

deise08 wrote: »
    How do you go!

Just turn up, its open to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

deise08 wrote: »
    How do you go!

They do psychological tests and if you're sane you're not allowed in.

If you're insane you're allowed in and if you're a rambling psycho you're allowed ask a question.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    They do psychological tests and if you're sane you're not allowed in.

If you're insane you're allowed in and if you're a rambling psycho you're allowed ask a question.

im sorted then. ive lots of questions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I plan to go if I can make it on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I'd rather go to a cock fight.. at least there would only be two dicks at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

is this live on tv3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

It won't be live but it will be shown.
    It starts at seven tonight.
    The show will be on around 11 tonight.

Im heading down.

Anyone else going?

I was told it's going on air on Wednesday. I'm going too

let us know how it goes? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Can anyone confirm whether its tonight or Wednesday that we'll see it on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Can anyone confirm whether its tonight or Wednesday that we'll see it on TV?
    Weds. They have a panel discussion from Waterford on tonight's show.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

I went down to watch and observe, its fair to say both Coffey + Conway got a right gruelling down there, have gone to watch a tv political debate for the first time one thing I say is I wouldn't agree with shouting down of people as they try to speak, there was a few times tonight with both people in the audience and some on the panel as soon they started to speak a small few kept shouting down and heckling them, the second speaker against same sex marriage who was at the front although I thought he went a bit far, I didn't agree with people trying to drown out his voice by shouting him down, prob be few things edited out when it airs on Wednesday.

S.O wrote: »
    I, the second speaker against same sex marriage who was at the front although I thought he went a bit far, I didn't agree with people trying to drown out his voice by shouting him down, prob be few things edited out when it airs on Wednesday.

That man should not have been allowed to say the things he said, the producers should have taken the shouting as a cue to cut him off.

Gael23 wrote: »
    That man should not have been allowed to say the things he said, the producers should have taken the shouting as a cue to cut him off.

In fairness Vincent said at the very start everyone was to speak for 1 minute only, most speakers from the audience spoke longer then 1 minute, not just the 2nd speaker against same sex marriage, the girl from ( Renua ) at the front, as soon as she said she was from that party there was already people trying to shout her down without hearing properly what she had to say first.

In fairness Vincent said at the very start everyone was to speak for 1 minute only, most speakers from the audience spoke longer then 1 minute, not just the 2nd speaker against same sex marriage, the girl from ( Renua ) at the front, as soon as she said she was from that party there was already people trying to shout her down without hearing properly what she had to say first.

Yes that's true but what he said was way out of order

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

its fair to say both Coffey + Conway got a right gruelling down there

I might watch it so. Two uselss excuses for politicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

It was good fun all round, especially the Enda Kenny impersonator who cracked the place up, as well as Vincent himself who was very witty.

It was clear from the start that some people were there simply to boo and shout down Paudie and Ciara. They must have thought they were at a pantomime so it was appropriate to jeer at those evil villains who are the blame for every problem in Waterford. I am all for the expression of dissatisfaction with a politician, but if all you can do is boo and shout "shame" and all that kind of nonsense when someone is trying to speak their piece, then you're a moron and you will not achieve anything only to confirm to those politicians that you are in fact just a moron.

On the other side, there were people loudly cheering and standing up for everything John Halligan said. He did get a few jeers too when he skirted around the question about what he would've done to bridge our €20bn budget deficit (his eventual answer was tax the rich).

There was some of the usual politicians having a cut at each other like you'd see in the Dail. David Cullinane talked about Fine Gael cutting services at the hospital, to which Paudie replied about Sinn Fein closing hospitals in the north. David then told Paudie he should be more concerned about Waterford.

Topics covered were the hospital which got the most coverage, same sex marriage referendum, water charges, and a few other bits that didn't go beyond a few remarks.

As was explained at the show, they recorded about 100 minutes which is edited down to about 82 minutes for the show that airs. The whole thing lasted from 7-10pm and it was a great opportunity to see how a show like this is produced.

So there wasn't much of a debate. It wasn't moderated well and no real attempts were made to shut up the idiots who kept shouting out, but it sure was an entertaining night.

By the sound of it the usual suspects fulfilled the Waterford stereotype then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Why wasn't John Deasy there ? Vincent said on Monday nights programme said he couldn't be bothered . Sadly probably a grain of truth in that .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

What we learn from the debate……

Conway is getting the P45

Coffey is getting the P45

Deasy played a blinder by letting the other 2 take the flack

Halligan was best of 3

Cullinane will take Conway’s seat

In all my years of politics I have never seen so much anger and frustration in a crowd in Waterford. There isn’t a hope in hell Waterford will return 3 government TD’s.

Gardner wrote: »
    What we learn from the debate……

Conway is getting the P45

Coffey is getting the P45

Deasy played a blinder by letting the other 2 take the flack

Halligan was best of 3

Cullinane will take Conway’s seat

In all my years of politics I have never seen so much anger and frustration in a crowd in Waterford. There isn’t a hope in hell Waterford will return 3 government TD’s.

Or will they return Culinane and Halligan, one or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nathang20

Waterford debate on tonight on TV3... It'll be interesting! probably to say the least! will there be any faces we all know?....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Gael23 wrote: »
    Yes that's true but what he said was way out of order

What did he say that was out of order?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

The woman behind Paudie Coffey chewing gum is off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ciara Conway is fuming with man on about the Post Offices and garda stations :D

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote: »
    Ciara Conway is fuming with man on about the Post Offices and garda stations :D

That would be Eddie Walsh, he was a former town councillor in tramore years ago prior to the merger of the councils, he ran for the new merged council last year as an Independent but wasn,t elected.

Advertisement