Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

break up mortgage

Options
  • 08-05-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Me and my gf just split up. We bought a house together 6 years ago. I was just wondering if anyone knew what happens r.e. With getting rid of the house, giving it back to the bank etc. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

This will depend on the current value of the property and the mortgage outstanding. If you can sell and clear off the mortgage you don't have a problem however if the property is in negative equity well you just cant hand it back to the bank. First thing you need to do is get the property valued and then ask the bank for a redemption figure.

badge1123 wrote: »
    Me and my gf just split up. We bought a house together 6 years ago. I was just wondering if anyone knew what happens r.e. With getting rid of the house, giving it back to the bank etc. Thanks

Advertisement