Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movie Club 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

scream wrote: »
    Did no-one mention The Wizard of Oz? I even did a ctrl-f to make sure. Gotta have The Wizard of Oz.

It wasn't on the list but it is now :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If we're adding non-Christmassy films, like The Wizard of Oz (it's been a while since I've seen it, but I don't remember it being a Christmas film) then surely Willy Wonka or Trading Places should make the cut? Trading places is at least set during Christmas and New Year! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I love trading places so that is absolutely making the list :P

That's it we are at 30 films. I will set up the first thread, as there is a mix of Traditional Christmas movies and movies we associate with Christmas, I am going to randomise the list. So the list on page one will not be the order we'll watch them.

I'll post up the new movie order and the first thread shortly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I am so excited for this :) Thanks Loughc

So the Random Order has spoken and the new viewing Order list is;

1 The Grinch
    2 trading places
    3 The snowman
    4 Willy Wonka
    5 A wonderful life
    6 The wizard of Oz
    7 Miracle on 34th street
    8 Love Actually
    9 Arthur Christmas
    10 A Christmas Story
    11 Scrooged
    12 Mary Poppins
    13 The Santa clause 1
    14 Jack Frost
    15 The Santa clause 2
    16 Muppets Christmas Carol
    17 The Santa clause 3
    18 An elf story
    19 Deck the halls
    20 Fred Claus
    21 The nightmare before Christmas
    22 Four Christmases
    23 Elf
    24 Bad Santa
    25 Santa Claus The Movie 1980
    26 Christmas with the kranks
    27 Just Friends
    28 Home Alone
    29 Die Hard
    30 Christmas Vacation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm sorry, but I can't see the relevance of trading places to Christmas?? I've never heard of this movie - is it a Christmas movie?? :o

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I can't see the relevance of trading places to Christmas?? I've never heard of this movie - is it a Christmas movie?? :o

It's set around Winter/Christmas time in New York and it's a regular Christmas TV listing favourite it's always shown at Christmas time usually on BBC.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Definitely :D

tradingplacessanta.jpg?w=450

Trading Places is SO GOOD. One of my all time favourites. That scene that Zaph posted the picture from is hilarious.

Edit: Loughc; Santa Claus the Movie isn't on the list!

(or is it? Is number 25, 'Santa Claus' the same film as 'Santa Claus the Movie?' If so, I stand corrected!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No Sound of Music :(

• Advertisement

No. :(

Nobody suggested it!

Posy wrote: »
    Edit: Loughc; Santa Claus the Movie isn't on the list!

(or is it? Is number 25, 'Santa Claus' the same film as 'Santa Claus the Movie?' If so, I stand corrected!)

Just to clarify 25 is Santa Claus the movie 1980 :)

And also just to clarify Trading places rocks!!

Woo-hoo!! \o/

Just to let all ye guys know the OP has now been Updated with the new Movie list order and I've added dates to when the threads will open. :)

Thanks, Loughc! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I've been absent for a while!
    This thread is a brilliant idea!!!
    It was on my To Do list to watch Christmas movies and now I've got a great excuse! Yay!

Advertisement