Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 36th Matchday Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

surprised to see a few bringing in ramsey in my leagues as he's 50/50, realy hope he doesnt play monday as main rival has him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

16 from 4, meh, sounds about average.

Hero was Okore, with 9, more than my other 3 combined. Had PVA on the bench, like many others it seems. So hoping Terry gets a rest tomorrow, but can't see it happening.

Edit: that 16 (-4) gives me a gw rank of 700k. Will probably see a red arrow, but that's the -4 factored in, so hopefully my 7 to go tomorrow can do enough to get me a green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Whats the site which predicts overall ranking etc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

thewools wrote: »
    Whats the site which predicts overall ranking etc??

FantasyFootballFix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8 from 4 another disaster of a saturday

22 (-4) from five. There's hope for me in our FSA Premier League tie so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

22 from 4. Good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

A lot closer this week! I've had a few play hope that doesn't come back to haunt us!!

http://fpl-assist.co.uk/spy/academy-cup/36

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    22 (-4) from five. There's hope for me in our FSA Premier League tie so!

I'd say you have that in the bag unless I have another Monday miracle.

jimmii wrote: »
    A lot closer this week! I've had a few play hope that doesn't come back to haunt us!!

http://fpl-assist.co.uk/spy/academy-cup/36

http://fairytalefootball.net/FPLATC/GroupS2_GW36.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

27 from 5 with aguero(c) and 5 others to play. Seeing a few green arrows atm. Have Ramsey and hazard though and pva is my 3rd sub:(

• Advertisement

I'd say you have that in the bag unless I have another Monday miracle.

A win should see me safe so hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Green arrow of 250 places, but I'll have to make my points tomorrow with just Sanchez for MNF. Ideally a Silva+Aguero show followed by a 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

OR updated.

500 places up, big day tomorrow and Monday.

A win should see me safe so hopefully.

I'd gladly lose this one once Ozil scores and kos gets a clean sheet on monday. Pay leagues are going belly up on me with all these Leicester clean sheets.

I'd gladly lose this one once Ozil scores and kos gets a clean sheet on monday. Pay leagues are going belly up on me with all these Leicester clean sheets.

A good day from Aguero will be huge for me. I'd like to think he'll repay all the faith I've shown in him this season but he'll more than likely underwhelm with the way things have been going for me.

Down from 39k to 44k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Dropped a couple thousand places, but not unexpected. The bigger kicker is that 2nd has gained 13 points today so tomorrow and Monday need to sort that right out!

Top 10k average is 13.8(-1.4) with 8 players left

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

15 from 5. Stuck on 1,999 points!!! :eek:

Up about 1k back inside 20k at 19k tonight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Took -8 and now on -2......ah well.

No hope of anything.. Season ending week I'd say unless Aguero scores 5 and Sanchez same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

23 points, Captain Benteke a spectacular fail.
    I have Aguero but hopefully he does not nothing, or the Aguero captainer's could end my season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Back inside top 2k, 7 to go tomorrow all at home with aguero (c). Don't normally finish the season strong be great to finish it off well for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Holy crap. Not a great FPL scoring day so.

17(-4) from 5 and up 40 places or so surprisingly to 5,149

Only real annoyance was last minute change of first sub from PVA to Bolasie which could be a bad mistake with Rambo doubtful. Fancied Sunderland a bit, but the talk of Uniteds virus and dodgy defence tempted me to shift up Bolasie.

Surprisingly up 900 places can't see that lasting having had a good few playing today. If Aguero scores 20 goals and every other player gets sent off I'll take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

24 (-4) with 6 to play including captain Aguero.Double the average score and everyone around me has him captained so I'll be looking at the likes of Sanchez and hopefully Ramsey plays as differentials.

Up 3k places. Have moved within ten points of third place in work league. An Aguero wonder show tomorrow would be like Xmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Up about 800 places with 23 (-8) from 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Up another 11k places to 62k OR

Was down at 732k at GW23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

All the big scores I see from yesterday have doubled up on Leicester defence, seems madness to me but like you it's making things uncomfortable for me, the only big money league I am involved in is the boards pay league, Leicester are skyrocketing a few lads towards me in the battle for second, hackers continues to make rapid progress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

:(I am rocking in to this sunday with 7 points from 4 players. Kudos to top scorer Myhill with his 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Moved up 1k places and am just outside top 5k. However played 5 players yesterday so looks like a drop today/tomorrow in store. GRU blanking and Silva scoring would be sweet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

:(I am rocking in to this sunday with 7 points from 4 players. Kudos to top scorer Myhill with his 3 points.

Snap.
    Only difference is that I took a -8.

All the big scores I see from yesterday have doubled up on Leicester defence, seems madness to me but like you it's making things uncomfortable for me, the only big money league I am involved in is the boards pay league, Leicester are skyrocketing a few lads towards me in the battle for second, hackers continues to make rapid progress.
    They had 5 clean sheets in the first 32 gws. 4 clean sheets in the last 5 it wasn't something I saw coming. Granted they had decent fixtures but they have been going all out to win games which usually means your more likely to concede. Probably should've got a defender in for the double but it's too late now.

FFPundits:
    Team Green: Terry, Bellerin, Henderson, Hazard, Silva, Coutinho, Giroud, Aguero (c)
    Lallana's in Pyjamas: Terry,Coutinho,Sanchez,Sterling,Hazard(c), Henderson,Giroud
    Bleo's XI: Ivanovic,Terry, Koscielney, Cazorla,Sanchez,Hazard
    pǝʇıun uʍop ǝpısdn: Terry,Ramsey,Hazard,Sanchez, Giroud, Aguero(c)

Boards FSA:
    Chic's XI: Terry,Bellerin,Silva;Hazard,Sanchez,Giroud,Aguero (c)
    Schurrle the best: Bellerin, Skrtel, Sanchez,Fabregas,Hazard,Ozil,Austin,Aguero(c)
    Jingle Jangle : Mignolet,Bellerin,Terry, Sanchez,Hazard,Silva, Aguero(C)
    Rua Dublin: Koscielney, Sterling, Sanchez,Hazard,Coutinho, Aguero (c)

Seeing as everyone on Boards FSA has Aguero as captain, Aguero to go nuts today please! We lead by 3 but its gonna go down to the wire i'd say

The good news is that QPR need to win or they go down so they have to attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Made my transfers. Forgot to change captain so still have Hazard. 10 points clear with a €200 difference in prize money from first and second. This is going to be absolute torture.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

FFPundits:
    Team Green: Terry, Bellerin, Henderson, Hazard, Silva, Coutinho, Giroud, Aguero (c)
    Lallana's in Pyjamas: Terry,Coutinho,Sanchez,Sterling,Hazard(c), Henderson,Giroud
    Bleo's XI: Ivanovic,Terry, Koscielney, Cazorla,Sanchez,Hazard
    pǝʇıun uʍop ǝpısdn: Terry,Ramsey,Hazard,Sanchez, Giroud, Aguero(c)

Boards FSA:
    Chic's XI: Terry,Bellerin,Silva;Hazard,Sanchez,Giroud,Aguero (c)
    Schurrle the best: Bellerin, Skrtel, Sanchez,Fabregas,Hazard,Ozil,Austin,Aguero(c)
    Jingle Jangle : Mignolet,Bellerin,Terry, Sanchez,Hazard,Silva, Aguero(C)
    Rua Dublin: Koscielney, Sterling, Sanchez,Hazard,Coutinho, Aguero (c)

Seeing as everyone on Boards FSA has Aguero as captain, Aguero to go nuts today please! We lead by 3 but its gonna go down to the wire i'd say

Also, if Pool score today, they lose five clean sheets to our two.

*Assuming Terry and Ivanovich play.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Also, if Pool score today, they lose five clean sheets to our two.

*Assuming Terry and Ivanovich play.

That's a bit of a worry! So basically we're looking for an Ageuro score and a Pool goal and we should be safe enough. Makes it easy to follow!!

To be ahead and have the extra captain seems huge. Who does lallana in PJs have as vc? Tried to find it but on mobile and their site isn't the best on a phone!

To be ahead and have the extra captain seems huge. Who does lallana in PJs have as vc? Tried to find it but on mobile and their site isn't the best on a phone!

Sterling.

Sterling.

Ooh nice! So if Hazard takes the day off we're in a great spot! If we do get to the final are we going to talk about using transfers tactically or still just do our own thing? I like how they have a gap before the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Is there a prize for the winner?

Ooh nice! So if Hazard takes the day off we're in a great spot! If we do get to the final are we going to talk about using transfers tactically or still just do our own thing? I like how they have a gap before the final.

Sorry, but I have a money league that I'm winning, my transfers will be to cock block my chasers.

Just to break down the teams a little more, I subtracted common players and we're left with the following:

FFPundits:
    Henderson, Giroud, Terry, Coutinho, Hazard, Henderson, Giroud, Ivanovic, Terry, Cazorla, Ramsey

Boards FSA:
    Bellerin, Skrtel, Fabregas, Ozil, Austin, Mignolet, Bellerin, Silva, Aguero(C), Sanchez, Aguero (c)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The good news is that QPR need to win or they go down so they have to attack.

Nobody around me has Aguero, or even has him captain.

This should be the day I get an unassailable lead in my main leagues.

Cue this game kicking me in the nuts again though!

Sorry, but I have a money league that I'm winning, my transfers will be to cock block my chasers.

Just to break down the teams a little more, I subtracted common players and we're left with the following:

FFPundits:
    Henderson, Giroud, Terry, Coutinho, Hazard, Henderson, Giroud, Ivanovic, Terry, Cazorla, Ramsey

Boards FSA:
    Bellerin, Skrtel, Fabregas, Ozil, Austin, Mignolet, Bellerin, Silva, Aguero(C), Sanchez, Aguero (c)

And having it gw38 kind of sucks its such a ridiculous week hard to predict who will do what. I might cock block in the FSA qual league if I am still top!

qwabercd wrote: »
    Is there a prize for the winner?

Lots of pride and little else presumably! They got a decent line up for it I think ffs were the only big site not to have a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Milner, Fernandinho, Lampard, Silva, Aguero

SlickRic wrote: »
    Nobody around me has Aguero, or even has him captain.

This should be the day I get an unassailable lead in my main leagues.

Cue this game kicking me in the nuts again though!

A few years back RVP was a big captaincy shot in GW36 and got a hat trick vs Villa. I'm hoping Kun will do the same today.

Aguero lone striker again, lovely. Let's do this Captain Kun

QPR XI vs. Man City: Green; Caulker, Dunne, Hill; Phillips, Barton, Henry, Suk-Young; Fer; Zamora, Austin. #QPR

SUBS NEWS @MCFC: Caballero, Sagna, Kompany, Toure, Navas, Dzeko, Bony

No Clichy at all is good for my H2H

spock. wrote: »
    Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Milner, Fernandinho, Lampard, Silva, Aguero

No Toure and Aguero up top on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

12 pts from 7. After a few poor GWs, hoping for a decent final run, and my first top 100k finish since 2010/11. Having no Aguero does worry me though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement