Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slide robes recommendation

Options
  • 09-05-2015 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a company preferably near North Kildare that provides these at a reasonable price, I'm just starting to price around but would appreciate anyone's experience and advice with any of these companies! Also if anyone knows any showrooms worth visiting. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Talula_d wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a company preferably near North Kildare that provides these at a reasonable price, I'm just starting to price around but would appreciate anyone's experience and advice with any of these companies! Also if anyone knows any showrooms worth visiting. Thanks

Im in clane, I used http://www.tegrewardrobes.com/ the rep I dealt with his name is george and I can send you on his number if you want. He came out to my new build and went through what we wanted and the turn around time and quality is very very good.

He came out took measurements and then we talked and planned out the wardrobe we wanted in real time on a CAD like program on his laptop. Our wardrobe doors slide back to reveal an en-suite on one side and awalk in wardrobe on the other. He sqeezed every inch of storage space out of the wardrobe and also built a custom makeup desk into the wardrobe and mirrors. We also got them to make a custom sink unit for our main bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Thank you so much for the reply on this. I am just waiting for a quote reply from Tegre, we are looking to replace fitted wardrobes but like yourself want makeup desk incorporated in it! Did you find it fast from design day to when the were fitted? Would you have any photo of the work if you don't mind sharing it! It would be great if you could send the reps details as we are only in Kilcock so maybe he covers the same area? Also, how did you find the pricing in regards to other companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Talula_d wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the reply on this. I am just waiting for a quote reply from Tegre, we are looking to replace fitted wardrobes but like yourself want makeup desk incorporated in it! Did you find it fast from design day to when the were fitted? Would you have any photo of the work if you don't mind sharing it! It would be great if you could send the reps details as we are only in Kilcock so maybe he covers the same area? Also, how did you find the pricing in regards to other companies?

The pricing was ok, not cheap, not expensive. What I found when building you get what you pay for. Cheap products/work can equal problems down the line. I will pm you his number and I will see if I can dig out any photos. We are in the house 2 years now, they were quick but things are busier now I see the wait time for work being many times longer than it was a few years ago.

I have a prick dodging me after promising to do landscape work, I know he is very busy but if he just told me he couldn't do it I would have gone elsewhere.

George made 2 visits and we only went to the showroom to look at some samples that he didn't have on hand. maybe a week later 2 chippys who were I think Hungarian came with everything and were done in 1 day. Very skilled and very nice.

Great, well I so far have had a quote of €4700 and €2100, so I will be interested to hear what I get from Tegre. If you can get photos that would be brilliant finding it hard to find 'real' photos of sliderobes with the make up space in the wardrobe instead of showroom style!
    Sounds like a good experience from Tegre then, might visit their showroom tomorrow maybe!
    Hope the landscaping gets done at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

We went with kitchenwise in Blanchardstown, as they had done our kitchen a few months earlier. Really professional guys, very fast and a gorgeous finish. I would really recommend them!

• Advertisement

Ms. Koi wrote: »
    We went with kitchenwise in Blanchardstown, as they had done our kitchen a few months earlier. Really professional guys, very fast and a gorgeous finish. I would really recommend them!

Thanks for recommendation! They will be next on my list to get a quote!
    Tegre came in very reasonable and so did another company so I'm leaning towards them but there's no harm checking them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I just re-read the title and realised you said sliderobes. Ours aren't actually sliderobes, I read wardrobes! They might offer them, I'm not sure though!

Ms. Koi wrote: »
    I just re-read the title and realised you said sliderobes. Ours aren't actually sliderobes, I read wardrobes! They might offer them, I'm not sure though!

I don't think they do, might give them a call anyway but there website seems to be normal hinged doors! Thanks for your help though!
    Anyone used robedesign, Fumro, robe plan or robeslide?
    There are so many I'm going between and id love to hear if anyone has used any of the above!
    Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There's a wardrobe place in Kildare town, on/near Melitta road. My man used them a few years ago. I'll get their name tomorrow and stick it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cookiesmuggler

hi im looking for a reccomendation for someone to do sliderobes in Cork??Anyone have any ideas??

• Advertisement
Advertisement