Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to save this plant

Options
  • 09-05-2015 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I think the shrub pictured is a Rhododendron. Purchased this time last year and it got through the winter fine. However the leaves are wilting now and it looks beat. I changed the compost 3 weeks ago and made sure it was ericaceous. Any hope it will thrive again? Thanks.

4910B270-89A4-4657-A0D8-B68AEAA9C9DA_zpsmqfbksgr.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Can't see it very clearly in the photo but it looks like a root issue. Was it very wet at some stage? Or did you see any whiteish grubs when you repotted it? It could be vine weevil, the bane of many a plant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Roots looked ok when I repotted it. I hadn't fed it all winter, not sure if that's behind it but I'm feeding it now. I'll give it another couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

gebbel wrote: »
    Roots looked ok when I repotted it. I hadn't fed it all winter, not sure if that's behind it but I'm feeding it now. I'll give it another couple of weeks.

No need to feed in winter so that wouldn't have caused it. Would still think it's a root problem of some type. Not much else to do but wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

I misread the thread title as "trying to save this planet". Now that's a conundrum

Advertisement