Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reboot and select proper boot device windows 7

Options
  • 09-05-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Was getting this message this morning on my asus windows 7 laptop. the last time I used the laptop I had an external hard drive hooked up to it.

So I googled it and read a lot of stuff that didnt help or fully relate to my problem. The 2 videos that show up when you google it were the best but I ran into a problem when following their procedure. Problem being there isn't a 'hard disk drives' option available.

Boot option #1 is showing up as slimtype dvd A DS8A4S. There are no other options showing.

So whos up for helping me out on this wonderful sunny Saturday?

Ps I dont have a backup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Looks like it can't see a hard disk. Try unscrewing an access panel underneath and reseating it. Check Youtube for vids for your model.

Advertisement