Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant upload pics

Options
  • 09-05-2015 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Wont let me upload any pics from my iphone or ipad,anytime i try do it it closes out of the whole website and i have to start over again!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Do you mean you're attempt to attach a file?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Chalkie11

Ya i try attach a photo to my post and closes down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hi Chalkie,

When you say you try to attach a photo and it closes down, what do you mean exactly? The browser window?

Can you embed an image as normal using this method: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_how#faq_bie_faq_how_images

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Chalkie11

I click on the image to add photos and the whole browser closes down and brings me back to my home page on iphone!anything i can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Hi there. I think I have a similar problem to the OP-
    I can post using laptop but when I click the yellow icon to insert picture link, boards crashes and I'm back to home screen on iPad. I've tried using both chrome and safari but neither work.

Could it be a setting I've changed on the tablet itself that has affected this?
    Spear wrote: »
    Exactly as described by the OP Spear:) let's see where it goes or if a resolution is found. I've a funny feeling a setting changed on my iPad but can't think what it is.
    Just to let you know, I just posted an image in "test" forum- but this was simply a copy and paste (including image tags).

It's when I try to click on the yellow box to post the picture address into (the one that pops up) - that's when the whole thing crashes.
    Spear wrote: »
    Helpdesk isn't the place for technical issues, so I'd suggest adding those details to that thread as it's in Site Dev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

I'm having the same issue here, anytime I click on the 'Insert Image' button the browser crashes. It happens both in Chrome and Safari on my iPad Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

IT-Guy wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue here, anytime I click on the 'Insert Image' button the browser crashes. It happens both in Chrome and Safari on my iPad Air.
    I'm the same, just installed the latest apple update iOS 8.3

Taltos wrote: »
    I'm the same, just installed the latest apple update iOS 8.3

I started to have problems when I installed that- first it was logins- multiple to gain access- then it was funny things happening when i tried to post a picture (pop up box and pop up keyboard weren't in sync)- then, this final thing on exiting out completely.

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

I've tested it on the office iPad, and while I can't get the browser to crash, I am experiencing bugs in the browser that won't allow me to post a picture using the "Insert image" button. There seems to be quite a few bugs in the latest iOS releases relating to the way the web browsers handle things so I'm not sure it's something we can sort from our end, but I'll have a poke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Happening to me as well and when I press the insert url button.

I've tested it on the office iPad, and while I can't get the browser to crash, I am experiencing bugs in the browser that won't allow me to post a picture using the "Insert image" button. There seems to be quite a few bugs in the latest iOS releases relating to the way the web browsers handle things so I'm not sure it's something we can sort from our end, but I'll have a poke.

Thanks Chris- it may well be an IOS issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement